Log In Sign Up

**UPDATED** Happy June!!! My update & dilemma...may have babies this month!

Forum: 2009 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By challowell
  • 1 Post By Kristen L
  • 1 Post By ShesaDreamer
  • 1 Post By MommaTrish
  • 1 Post By kristianna
  • 1 Post By ForestJenn
  • 1 Post By katidid622
  • 1 Post By maryslittlelambs

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2012, 08:30 AM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,211
Happy June!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I am hugely pregnant and still on 23+ hours a day bedrest...potty privledges, which I sometimes use to sneak in a belly pic...shhhh! Babies are doing well and H seems to have adjusted to the temporary move in with my parents.

My OB is away this week so I saw the head of the department who is more conservative in her approach. She brought up the fact that Baby B is still breech. She flips from breech to transverse, but hasn't been head down in almost 2 weeks... Anyhow she mentioned that with my past pelvic issues, she would recommend against an internal version and a breech extraction as she wouldn't want more trauma to my insides if possible. She suggested I email my pelvic pain doc and get her take. I did...she responded almost immediately and basically said she can't recommend a c-section based on a history of pelvic pain/trauma and only recommends c-section based on obstetric indications...however with baby B breech, many moms will opt for c/s instead of breech extraction knowing the risks of both and the possibility that once Baby A is out, I might need a section based on IF Baby B will cooperate or not. I emailed her back and asked IF I opted to go the c/s route based on B's presentation and all the variables of a twin delivery, was she working anytime in the beginning of July (granted I don't go into PTL again.) I said I wanted to speak with my regular OB next week on the 6th and further discuss this all. (my regular OB does NOT deliver anymore as she heads up several other things in the clinic and doesn't have time). About 2 hours later, I got an email from my pelvic doctor, she has booked me for June 27th for the OR. She never "tells" me what to do (probably due to legal liability) but always seems to point me in the direction she thinks is best. I honestly think her booking the OR to reserve me a spot is a sign...I'm not fully decided on a c/s....I'm not sure my OB will be on board...the hospital may not allow it as they have my EDD as 7/23...so I'd only be 36 weeks 2 days according to them...37 wk 2 days according to me, LMP & my chart... Anyhow...not sure what I'm going to decide...BUT I feel relieved that we *may* have a plan in place. I just pray I don't go into labor before then!!! My hospital has over 100 docs that rotate call, so if I don't go on the 27th...I'm likely not to know who will be delivering me (which to me with all the twin variables is super scary).

Anyhow for those that had c/s...how was recovery?

I just want the safest delivery for the girls and me!

Saw my OB today & I will NOT be having a scheduled c-section is on June 27...my OB says it is too early gestation-wise. She wants to see placement of both placentas & measurements from cervix & honestly says there may be more risk of bleeding out from low placentas & more risk of oxygen deprivation to baby b if they had to do c/s vs breech extraction....so it's a wait & see. I'm to stop all pills on 11th June & end bedrest June 25th. 5 days until I stop contraction meds & 19 days until totally off bedrest!!! When I go into labor, the delivery method will be a "game time decision". We have a high def scheduled for next Monday, June 11th!

Last edited by LadyBugMommyof1; June 6th, 2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: UPDATED 6/6
Reply With Quote
June 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Caldwell, Ohio
Posts: 2,173
C/s section recovery is painful but being up and moving as soon as possible helps. Both of my girls were c/s. I did alright after both of them.
LadyBugMommyof1 likes this.
Thank you peimum for my beautiful siggy.
Reply With Quote
June 1st, 2012, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,095
My first c/s was a pretty tough recovery, but that was because of the long labor and 5+ hours of pushing. My c-section with Harper was a much easier/quicker recovery. I agree that moving around as soon as possible (but not pushing yourself) helps the recovery process.
LadyBugMommyof1 likes this.
Reply With Quote
June 2nd, 2012, 06:13 AM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Wild and Wonderful
Posts: 4,844
My recover was fairly easy. I was sore and you will need help up off the potty for a week or so but other than that it was easy. Getting up and moving is the key.
LadyBugMommyof1 likes this.
Me: B 28
DF: S 29

DSD:S 12
DD: A 6 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

Getting Married 6/11/16!!!

Reply With Quote
June 2nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
MommaTrish's Avatar bless your heart
Join Date: May 2007
Location: the South East USA
Posts: 36,708
Send a message via Yahoo to MommaTrish
Got no c-section experience, but good luck! I just can't believe how well you've managed the twins this far.
LadyBugMommyof1 likes this.
mom of: Zach (10), Ryan (8), Bella (5), Mason (2), and pollywog #5 due 12/04/14
Reply With Quote
June 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Delhi, India
Posts: 2,755
My c-section recovery was great. I got up and about as soon as I was allowed to do so and felt pretty much back to my normal self after about 2 weeks.
ForestJenn likes this.

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

Reply With Quote
June 2nd, 2012, 12:16 PM
ForestJenn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,312
My c-section recovery was like Kristianna's. Getting up and moving around makes a big difference. I don't remember any significant pain other than when I would try to get up out of bed quickly.

It sounds like you have a lot of variables that affect the decision, but it sounds like you're getting some good advice and your doctors are watching out for you!
LadyBugMommyof1 likes this.

Loving every minute of being a mommy!
Reply With Quote
June 3rd, 2012, 12:01 AM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 11,218
As much as I didn't want a c/s, the recoveries were never terrible. It was harder with Hannah, but like Kristen mentioned, I had gone through 30+ hrs of labor in pitocin first. With Kenzie, I was moving normally after about 4 days (within reason of course...no heavy lifting, etc). When I was admitted back into the hospital at 6 days PP, none of the staff could believe that I had a c/s only 6 days prior. Besides my complications after Kenzie (which are so rare), it was not a big deal at all. I 100% agree that getting up and moving as soon as possible is the best thing. The longer you sit, the sorer and tighter you get.

Whatever you decide, as long as your babies get here safely, the method they come into the world will not matter. <3
LadyBugMommyof1 likes this.
♥ Siggy credit goes to Pattyandthemoos, thank you! ♥

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!
Reply With Quote
June 3rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Granada, Spain
Posts: 5,533
Well said Katie!
What you don´t want is to deliver Twin A and then end up with a CS because baby 2 didn´t cooperate. What are the possibilities of baby 2 going head down?

Out of interest, how much do the girls weigh now? Here 36 weeks is considered term for twins, anything after 34 weeks is good.

Hopefully she will turn and you can make it to 37+ weeks.

Reply With Quote
June 6th, 2012, 01:53 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,211
Reply With Quote
June 6th, 2012, 01:58 PM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,629
Wow!! I hope everything goes as planned! HUGS!
LadyBugMommyof1 likes this.

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0