Wwyd? Ot

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2009, 11:20 AM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a conundrum, and I need some female insight. I've been sort of window shopping a lot over the last few weeks...sometimes for clothes...and to give you some background, me and clothes shopping do NOT agree. I can never find anything I like. But now I have! The problem is, it is not pregnancy clothes. It would be stuff that I could wear after Logan was born (a few weeks down the road, because I know it takes that long for your belly to shrink, etc).

However, the problem is in the sizing of the clothes. Before getting pregnant, I was one size, but I was trying to lose weight, and ideally, I would be down a whole size by the time I hit goal. I'm determined to get back on that after Logan is born. So if I were to buy these clothes in the size that I was before getting pregnant, I would be able to wear them after baby was born and for atleast however long it took me to get to goal. If I buy them in my goal size, I can wear them AFTER I hit goal....BUT what if I never hit goal? I have never talked to a dietician about my goal size, and even though it's not tiny by any means and I've actually lost weight down to a SMALLER size before, it may not even be something that I can do, in the end. When I was a smaller size then my current goal, I wasn't very healthy. So I'm concerned that at my goal size, I may not be healthy. That's why my overall plan for after I have Logan is to just eat healthy and stay active, and wherever my body ends up is wherever I'm meant to be.

So, if you were in my situation, would you buy the clothes at all? I just really like them, and it's so rare to find something that I like, and I know they will be gone by the time I'm ready to buy them in the future. If you would buy them, would you buy them in the size I would be after having the baby, or in the goal size?

Thank you for your input!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
November 23rd, 2009, 11:33 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I wouldn't buy anything now to wear after Logan is born. Honestly, you'll simply be a different shape than you were before. For instance, I wore an 18 when I got pregnant with Kaija and all during my pregnancy. When she was born I was down 25 lb. and STILL wore an 18. A 16 was too tight on my legs and wouldn't go over my hips. One would think that a 25 lb. weight loss would mean I could wear smaller clothes, but it didn't. So, I would wait for sure. Remember, April will be Spring and new lines will be out again! You don't wait to be wearing fall/winter clothes then
November 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
It all depends. Before I had my son I was a size 5 and 125 lbs. My oldest son that is. After him I got down to 113 lbs but a size 7! Before this pregnancy I was 113 lbs and a size 3. So weight really has nothing to do with size shaping.
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
November 23rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
~Claudia~'s Avatar mommy to Nico & Seba
I agree with Mylene, your body shape may change after you give birth ... I would wait, just my 2 cents
November 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
homeschooling mom of 2
I wouldn't... I've done that before (or at least bought something I loved in a smaller size because I knew I was dieting/exercising and would fit into it....) needless to say I still have those outfits hanging in the back of my closet with the tags on YEARS later. Before DD I was a size 5, I did gain over 60lbs with that first pregnancy and in the last 5 yrs the smallest I've gotten was a 9/10. I'd still love to get back into my packed away size 5's but I'm not holding out my breath... heck a size 8 sometime before this baby is one would be awesome, as would staying a 10 through the pregnancy for that matter!
November 23rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldnt. But isnt it ironic how you find things you like when you cant wear them lol. I have run into that QUITE OFTEN!!! And its very annoying. I have no idea how I'd look and be and how long it will take for me to get back to my old self. Shoot the week or so before I found out I was prego, I bought all of these sexy dresses that I wanted to want but cant! I'm so HOT at that b/c I lost the receipt!

But definitely wait!

Everytime you find an outfit that you really want to buy for yourself like right hten and there thats non maternity, you should just go and buy your son an outfit lol. I think I might do that.
TTC #2 (6/2015): Sept 2015 - EP @ 5 weeks, lost right tube
Mar 2016 - EP, MTX
July 2016 - CP
IVF - Jan/Feb 2017
ER (2/2)- 14 retrieved ALL mature; 12 fertilized normally
ET (2/7) - xfer 1 5AA blast, 8 5AA/5AB frozen
BFP @ 3.5dp5dt **Stick Baby Stick***
1st Beta (2/21) ): 3768!!!2nd Beta (2/23): 7313!!!U/S (3/3): 1 Bop @ 111bpm! U/S (3/13): 150bpm Baby Boy Due Date: 10/26/17
November 23rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
lilflower
I've never worn anything bigger than a 5. So I'm not sure. I have a few pairs of Levi's in a 7 that I just got so I'd still have pants to wear without them getting snug and something comfy to wear after the baby comes. I didn't change size or shape after either of my other two births. But I know women do change more often than not.
November 23rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't either.

I don't know if you plan on breastfeeding or bottle feeding. People put a lot of stock into loosing weight quickly while breastfeeding, whereas I gained weight while breastfeeding. I was trying to breastfeed and exercise on a normal amount of food, but I wasn't eating enough calories. I think I needed around 2500 calories to support both and I just couldn't eat that much. Instead my body clung to everything I ate and I put on weight.

As others said, sometimes your body changes shape. I'm the same size I was now as I was while pregnant with Max but I needed new pants because my thighs got bigger. Meanwhile, other areas are smaller. I'm just shaped different.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

November 23rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
frankie's Avatar Proud Mommy
I agree with the other ladies... I wouldn't buy it for afterwards.. But mainly because by the time you have Logan and you hit your GOAL weight which you will.. You may not even like the cloths on or at all they may not be your taste anymore..

i would wait till after and then pick out the clothing..

trying for~~~Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer~~~~ Marcia Wieder
November 23rd, 2009, 02:16 PM
Love_the_Shoes's Avatar Love my girls!!
I understand Penelope. I was thinking about buying some cute lounge sets (pants and jacket) from NY&C (they make pants for tall people) for when she's born and I can feel comfortable in comfy clothes, but they still look nice, so if people come over, or I run out to the store, I look decent. It's so hard to find yoga/lounge pants for tall, except for capris, which it will be too chilly in April for that.

I know now is the time to get stuff like that, but I don't know if I should.

What do you ladies think?? They are elastic, so maybe that makes a difference?

But Penelope--I'd hold off too...maybe buy one outfit as your "inspiration outfit"

November 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Definitely wait. So many people change shape and you won't be able to predict how your body will react after being pregnant. With my sister, her preggo hips never went away. She was stick straight before, but now she has some curves. For me, my hips have always been wide, but it took me longer than I expected to lose most of my weight on my belly. Also, my boobs changed so much that shirts I had before wouldn't fit even though I'd lost all my preggo weight. Save some money to spend on yourself several months after Logan is born so that you can get something that will fit great and look great!

November 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your advice makes me sad but it makes sense. Thank you!

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
November 24th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would wait also. I've bought things before thinking I'd wear them later and then when later came they were too tight or too loose and I ended up just wasting my money.

November 25th, 2009, 08:36 AM
CuteName's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's sooo much more fun to wait and buy new clothes as your body goes back to it's normal size. Then it's like a little treat to yourself! You can get all excited that you're getting smaller and buy new clothes as a reward.

If you need clothes to cheer up as I do lately go shopping for now! I found the most adorable maternity tops at Old Navy on clearance last week for only $4! My neighbor who is super thin and NOT pregnant even said she wanted to go buy some because they looked like normal cute tops.

So I'd go hunt for some tops like that. Ones that don't LOOK maternity. I even have some that aren't maternity that allow a little more room and are pretty that work for now since I"m not huge, and will work for after baby too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search