OMG a banana gave me HEARTBURN!!!!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2009, 08:36 AM
We love Grace-Elizabeth
So last night I spent half the night in total pain from KILLER heartburn from a banana. I ate a banana right before bed to help with leg cramps and I got the worst heartburn. I wasnt even aware a banana could give you heartburn!!! I had already took zantac prior to eating the awful banana, anyone have any suggestions to help with the heartburn after you have already taken zantac? But the positive thing was I didnt have leg cramps last night....lol
November 25th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to say that your post kind of made me chuckle...I feel bad that you have heartburn, but I found it a bit funny because EVERYTHING gives me acid reflux. If I drink too much water-I get horrid acid reflux.

Anyway, I have no suggestions, just wanted you to know that I sympathize. I haven't had the actual heart burn, just acid-and Tums works fine for me for that...
Alexandra Eva is here! Born 1/17/10 at 5:55pm. Weighing in at 6lbs, 8oz and 20 Inches Long!
Secondary Infertility Blog*~*http://onemunchkin.blogspot.com/ *~*

November 25th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Someone told me to try bananas for heartburn...someone else said celery. There are so many things. I know milk personally helps me....a glass of skim milk is my preferrance. I have heartburn from breathing I think. Try milk maybe and try propping yourself up. I find that laying flat makes the heartburn worse. I typically take one 150 mg zantac pill a day...well try for one...but 80% of the time I end up having to take two of them (which the OB said is fine)
November 25th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Veteran
i am finding too that simple foods are giving me heartburn. I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich...the darn rasberrry jelly gave me heartburn. I couldnt believe it. And my husband wonders why i only eat cereal and other sweet stuff.

November 25th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It could have been the peanut butter also. Cause nuts are suppose to give heartburn. I actually started with peanut butter being my thing that would but I love peanut butter and eat it every other day. I just make sure not to have many other nut type products if any now so that I can.
November 25th, 2009, 02:44 PM
sunnikim's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
It could have been the peanut butter also. Cause nuts are suppose to give heartburn. I actually started with peanut butter being my thing that would but I love peanut butter and eat it every other day. I just make sure not to have many other nut type products if any now so that I can.
I never realized that nuts caused heartburn, but I get it pretty bad after having peanut butter. I love peanuts & peanut butter, so I'm just going to have to eat it in moderation.
Emergency cerclage placed 18w5d & on bedrest; removed 36w1d

November 25th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Riley & Landon's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get heartburn no matter what I eat! Sometimes I swear water will give me heartburn as well, ha ha. Ah, the perks of pregnancy.

**Thank you to BAM for this amazing siggy!!**
Whoever said, 'There's no use crying over spilled milk,' obviously didn't have a child on Alimentum

November 25th, 2009, 04:18 PM
We love Grace-Elizabeth
Yes I guess its just a perk of pregnancy! My hubby is now teasing me he is all "watch out for the evil bananas!" He is now getting dirty looks...lol!!! I am allergic to peanuts but I eat sunbutter instead which is made out of sunflowers seeds and taste just like peanut butter but I cant eat it right now cause it also gives me heartburn!!!
November 26th, 2009, 11:52 AM
mommymichael's Avatar I am strong.
i wonder... could baby's position be giving you heartburn?

when baby is up in my stomach is when i have heartburn. ugh it's so uncomfortable. feels like i swallowed a pill wrong or something.
Wife, Mommy to Roan, Willem, Trillian & Baby #4 Due Aug 2013
November 26th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if position plays a factor or not...maybe it could make it worse. I have had heartburn since Month 2 and never had it before I was pregnant. I personally hope to never have it again after when I am not pregnant either.
November 28th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Super Mommy
I had such horrible heartburn, that I was coughing all the time from it, thought I was going to puke. One night I had it so bad it made my ears hurt. I was taking Zantac 150mg over counter plus 9-12tums a day. I am now on prescription Prevacid and haven't had heartburn ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love not chocking on your own stomach acid. If it gets to bad I would look into a prescript. Yes taking tums you are makin sure you get your calcium, but you can take to much calcium and that is what my Dr was afraid I was doing. Good luck.

I should mention also, Prevacid stops the stomach from producing alot of stomach acid, so a side effect is/can be constipation. So stock up on prunes & fiber stuff.

Exclusively nursing my handsome son!!!
November 22nd, 2017, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Someone told me to try bananas for heartburn...someone else said celery. There are so many things. I know milk personally helps me....a glass of skim milk is my preferrance. I have heartburn from breathing I think. Try milk maybe and try propping yourself up. I find that laying flat makes the heartburn worse. I typically take one 150 mg zantac pill a day...well try for one...but 80% of the time I end up having to take two of them (which the OB said is fine)
I was just checking on here because bananas are one of the few things that give me heartburn and I thought it was weird. No one else I know has that problem. As far as heartburn all the time goes, try mixing a half teaspoon of baking soda in about half a cup of water. Instant relief for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search