Hip pain and baby head down

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma
has anyone been having really bad hip pain if your baby is head down?

my dr. says that abby is still head down. in the words of my dr. she says that abby's at the starting gate just waiting for the gate to open. she could come anytime and that my dr. expects abby to come early. we are hoping that she bakes for another 4 weeks and that will put me at 37 weeks.

please tell me im not alone with the hip pain since she's head down. is there a possibility since shes head down and the hip pain is associated with that her maybe dropping more? just curious on that one.

the hip pain started at 1:30 am this morning. its just seems to be the worst on my right hip.

thanks

April 23rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure about hip pain being associated with labor, but pelvic pain could be associated with baby dropping. Could the pain come from you laying on your side during the night?

My Ovulation Chart
April 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM
nuclearwife82's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to nuclearwife82
I know I have a lot of pressure on my left hip because I think Rhiannon is resting her head on it.

April 23rd, 2010, 09:58 AM
LM1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dunno about the correlation either, but I can say that I've had hip pain for a very long time, and my baby is head down as well. All I can do is just try stretching my hips - helps sometimes.

April 23rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have had really REALLY bad hip pain to the point that it hurts to move, let alone walk a few times. The most recent we're fairly certain it was due to the baby's position (I think baby is head down, and I think had the back of the head against the left side). The other times though, have been due to my sacrum bone thingy being completely out of place. I went to the chiropractor for it, and the pain hasn't returned!! I'm going every 2 weeks until this baby comes, to make sure that stupid bone stays put-- it keeps shifting out of place, lol... my chiropractor said it's quite common for this issue to occur in pregnancies, and for the pelvic region to need adjusting every 2-3 weeks, especially in late pregnancy, so I guess I'm not weird to have all these issues, but Rebecca's birth was the original cause of the problem for me...
April 23rd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Morgan2006's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm having teerrriibbllleee hip pain this time around, and never had it with DS. Haven't really heard it was a sign of labor.

Question: Why does your doctor think your baby will be early? I've heard a lot of the first time mom's on here say the same thing, but I'm really not seeing the reasoning behind it. The arrival of 1st babies are pretty hard to predict...even for a dr.! Just curious, that's all. :0)
April 23rd, 2010, 10:47 AM
LM1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've wondered the same thing...even with me measuring ahead my Dr. said that doesn't necessarily mean baby will come earlier...so that confuses me as well.

April 23rd, 2010, 11:37 AM
jewelsgurl23's Avatar Abby and Amber's Momma
she really didn't give a good reasoning about it. all she said that she thinks shes coming early since im measuring ahead and that she's already head down and in position.

April 23rd, 2010, 12:16 PM
ipsa's Avatar Mommy Times Two
My baby has been head down since at least 29 weeks. I get a lot of pelvic pressure and pain when I walk around and especially when I am lying down at night. A pillow between the knees really helps, but doesn't take it away entirely. I'm always achy.

thanks to Jenn for this beautiful siggy

[/url]
April 23rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
sunnyc212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sunnyc212
Yeah don't read much into her prediction that she will come early. Dr's are known to say that to first time Mom's only to have them go to 41 weeks.

Anyway, I have severe hip and pelvic pain. Kaitlyn is also very very very low. I don't know how much you know about stations but Kate is at a +1 already which is crazy. +4 is crowning depending on who's scale you use. My closed cervix is all that's keeping her in. Again though, it doesn't mean much right now.

Pelvic pain is more likely then hip pain to be caused by the lowering of baby. Hip pain can be any number of things including relaxing joints, stress from supporting a big belly, or plain sleeping wrong.

April 23rd, 2010, 01:26 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also have a lot of hip pain, my little man is head down and ready to go he has been for a while, no idea if that is why I have the hip pain though? I do get that pressure feeling like he might fall out when I walk a lot too.....my daughter was head down and in position for a long time before delivery too and she was born on her due date exactly!
April 23rd, 2010, 03:59 PM
josie_24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had really bad hip pain and pubic pain for a while. Babe's been head down since 30 weeks as well. Dr. told kme the pain is just from the cartilidge stuff going on in my pelvis. My yoga teacher did an "adjustment" on me for my pubic bone (just pushing on my legs and letting go while I resisted) and it helped for a few days. She suggested making sure I'm not doing too much moving my legs in opposite directions too much (I know that sounds weird) but that's why my pubic bone is shifting so much. But it hurts so bad some days I can't walk at ALL.

Thank you Kellarazzi for my siggie!!
April 23rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rebecca was head down by 28 weeks and stayed that way through to the end. While I measured on time the whole way through, she did sit at about -1 for the last 8 weeks I was pregnant, and she came at 41w4d, lol... don't believe anyone who tells you that baby being in position means ANYTHING about an early delivery.
April 23rd, 2010, 05:07 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Emersyn is head down & I haven't really noticed an increase in hip pain since that happened (around 28 weeks).... it is normal to have hip pain toward the end though, because everything is spreading, to make way for babies head

April 23rd, 2010, 05:34 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've got the bad hip pain, along with every other joint in my body. I have no idea if Harleigh is head down or not though...
April 24th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think hip pain is pretty much just par for the course at this point in our pregnancies.

I agree with the other mamas, positioning at this point has no bearing on when you're going to deliver. Heck, I've known a few moms who have been several centimeters dilated with babies head down a few weeks before dates and their drs telling them to be ready to go at any moment, only to go to a full 42 weeks....

August 14th, 2017, 02:36 PM
I'm 35 weeks and I started having hip pains for about 2 days now and these pains don't play, you're definitely not alone

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search