Log In Sign Up

Kylan Reece's Birth Story

Forum: 2010 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2010, 08:40 AM
♥susan♥'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,280
My contractions started Tuesday June 1st around 11:30pm. They weren't super strong so I went to bed to try and sleep. I slept until midnight and then had to get up to move around because they were getting stronger. I walked the house, bounced on the ball, took a warm bath, and walked more until 4am and then decided we better call the doctor. The on call doctor said to get the contractions a little closer and then head to the hospital. We arrived just before 6am on June 2nd and were taken up to labor and delivery and given a room. At my first check I was still 2cm and 100% effaced (where I had been for two weeks). We walked the halls for awhile and tried to get some rest but I was too excited to sleep! I had horrible back labor and ended up getting some pain meds in my IV for that. Around noon, my husband went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch with our neighbor who works at the hospital. The nurse had just checked my about 30min before he left and I had progressed to 3cm so nothing major. Right after he left the doctor came in and did her check. I was now at 5cm! I have no clue if the nurse didn't check right or if I really progressed that quickly. The doctor went ahead and broke my water and called for the epidural. I figured it would take a little bit to get the epidural so I wasn't too worried about DH not being back yet. Well not even five mins later the man walked in to do the epidural! I of course freaked out and called DH cell phone and told him to get back to the room because I was not getting an epi by myself. He came back carrying this wonderful smelling taco salad that of course I could have none of! I got the epidural and was surprised that it did not hurt as bad as I thought it would. After that, I was able to rest a little until they told me it was time to start pushing. I started pushing at 5pm and Kylan was born at 7:08pm. I was having trouble feeling to push so they turned the epidural off and said there was plenty of medicine left in it to get me through...well they were wrong! The epidural ran out and the last 45mins of the delivery was very painful. After it was over, the nurses told me that my doctor was pretty sure I was going to end up being a C-section because of the way he was stuck behind my pelvis so I am very proud of myself for being able to push him out. DH cut the cord and did all of that fun stuff but I was so worn out and just in a daze that I really don't remember it. Kylan had pooped on his way out but they were able to suction it before he inhaled anything so he did not have to go to NICU. It was by far the best day of my life and worth every ounce of pain!!
Reply With Quote
June 23rd, 2010, 01:40 PM
leahmariv's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 707
congrats on your little man! and im so glad they were able to suction it before he inhaled it!! yay!!
Reply With Quote
June 28th, 2010, 02:30 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 60,398
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Getting an epidural by yourself would suck. I needed dh to hold my hand, and do more than that the second time I got one, but having food in the room, bad dh, lol.


Reply With Quote
June 29th, 2010, 12:15 AM
ma9321's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 335
Glad your DH got to be with you while you got your Epi. We don't get that privelege here. Congrats!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0