Log In Sign Up

Bella Lue's birth story

Forum: 2010 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Galveston, In
Posts: 204
For about 3 weeks I had been contracting on and off, with two trips to labor and delivery, and a few extra trips to the doctor for non-stress test. My cervix just wouldn't progress any, every time I would get checked I was always at a 1 and still pretty thick and high.

My last trip to labor and delivery was on Labor Day. I was having pretty strong contractions every 5 minutes. They weren't to the point where they were incredibly painful, just very uncomfortable and mildly painful. They kept me for a few hours and checked me twice, and of course, no change in cervix. I had an appointment for Tuesday with the OB doctor, it was suppose to be my 40 week appointment just a few days early. So, since there was no change in cervix they sent me home once again and told me he would see me at my appointment in the morning.

So now it is Tuesday. I go to my OB appointment thinking he is gonna tell me that he'll see me back next week if I don't go on my own before then. Well, he checked me and of course no change. He then tells me that since I've been in a few times due to contractions that we can do one of two things. We can either wait it out for a few days and see what happens or he can induce me in the morning. Of course I say lets do the induction!!

Now its Wednesday. We arrive at the hospital just before 6am. They get me in a room and do all the usual admission stuff. And she starts an IV. The first try she exploded my vein...ouch! She gets it on the second try tho. The nurse checks me and still no change, 1cm and 25% effaced. By 8am I'm now starting the pitocin. Then nothing but painful contractions from there on. They up my pitocin every 20 minutes until they are at the max. They kept checking me throughout the day and still no change in cervix. The doctor decided about 6 pm that they would stop the pitocin, let the contractions back off or stop completely and give me Cytotec (cervix softner) overnight and start the pitocin back up at 6 in the morning.

Contractions never stopped overnight after taking me off the pitocin. They started the pitocin back up at 6am, contractions came on stronger and lasted all day long. They kept checking me throughout the day and the only change was that I had thinned out to 50%, but still at a 1. By about 5pm the doctor decided that he was gonna watch me for a bit long and then we would have to make the decision to have a c-section or not. Shortly after he checked me, my water broke. Things progressed so quickly from that point. Contractions got stronger and I started to dilate. I was finally able to get my epidural. And this guy was awesome! They had everything set-up for him before he got up there. He came in and saw that my contractions were pretty close together (1 1/2 to 2 minutes apart), waited for my contraction that I was having to pass, had me hunch over, did his thing and by the time I started my next contraction, he was done. After that I wasn't feeling any pain, but suddenly became very nauseous. I took a drink of water and really didn't feel it til that drink. Told DH that I was gonna get sick and he grabbed the trash can, lol, instead of the little hotdog shaped sputum thing. Apparently we should have gone with the trash can....poor DH. After getting sick I started feeling pressure down there. The nurse came in to check me and I was at a nine and fully effaced. A few minutes later, I called her back in again and told her I had tons of pressure now. This time the doctor was there and told me to push. I pushed for 15 mintues and then......finally, Bella Lue was born! After 34 hours and 11 minutes of labor, she was finally here!!

Born on September 9th, 2010 at 6:11 pm. 8lbs 4oz and 20.5 inches long. She is just perfect and healthy as can be.

I guess my family out in the waiting room heard me scream....that would be when the shoulders came out. Lexi was a small baby compared to Bella about 2 lbs less.
Well that's Bella's birth story.
Holly~DH Jason~Mommy to Alexis Leina and Bella Lue

Reply With Quote
September 16th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,629
Wow that was a loonnnggg labor but I'm glad everyone is healthy and happy!!!

Reply With Quote
September 19th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 32,940
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0