Log In Sign Up

Jessica Danielle...so nice of you to show...

Forum: 2010 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,125
I probably SHOULD have had a clue the night of September 23. It was Curriculum Night. About 8 pm, when I was allowed to leave, I started having mild cramping. Since mild is about as bad as anything ever got, that alone should have tipped me off. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20.

The next morning, I lost my plug. I was still cramping but I went to work, and after greeting the kids and starting our day, I forgot all about it and went upon my business at work.

On the way home, I called my dad to discuss my upcoming induction (that should have been on September 30). He informed me of some NEW developments, which completely thwarted my otherwise perfect birth plan. This was about 3:30. I called DH after that and ranted. DH was in agreement with my DAD...and I immediately fell into a state of depression after that. The last few weeks had been going okay and now I felt like the whole thing was going to be out of my control. The thing is, I WANTED my kids there for the labor and delivery...I DIDN'T want my inlaws there...and now my parents were saying they were too busy to watch my kids...so my in laws would have to, and my in laws ALSO didn't want my kids there. I imagined not being able to see my kids and they would be asking to see me and no one would let them...then BOOM, here's your little sister, now go away you grubby handed messes. I wanted Justin and Sierra to be the biggest part of it, along with Keith. Yep, they are kids. But they are my family, closer to me than anyone. And NO ONE was in agreement that my kids should be there, and what could I do, hooked up to wires and monitors from my bed and in pain? Nothing.

So I hung up with DH and continued to drive home while fuming...and upset. I picked the kids up from the babysitter (didn't even go in) and we went to dance.

While at dance I wrote a huge post in the Secret Garden...this one lady kept staring at me. She finally asked when I was due and I told her "tomorrow" and she started up a huge one hour conversation with me. Mostly about how great it was to be having a baby. Meanwhile, her 18 month old and 3 year old screamed and bugged the living heck out of me. But she was a nice lady and she was also a teacher. And we had a lot in common so it was nice to talk to someone. I was cramping again but talking to her kind of kept my mind off of it.

She left at 6, and my husband came up to dance at 6. Since Sierra was done, her and I decided to go home. Keith stayed with Justin at dance. I told Keith I'd get Sierra and I dinner on the way home, and he could get himself and Justin dinner on the way home.

So Sierra and I took off, and we decided on Arby's for dinner.

But first, I told her, I want to go to the bank. I had to deposit a check. And you never know when you won't have a chance to do it anymore!

I pull into the bank, and this is where it becomes comical and Ever So Angela.

There is a line about 12 cars long. There is a blonde behind the counter and you can tell by the faraway grin on her face that she can count about as far as THREE and that's it. And that's about exactly what she does.

Before long, there are about 7 cars behind me...and BOOM. Contraction #1 hits. I think "Ouch!" and I tell Sierra when it's over that I had a contraction. Sierra is living on the same planet that the bank teller is and doesn't acknowledge this. So 5 minutes later, during contraction #2, she starts asking a zillion questions. Again, I tell her "I just had another contraction...this might be it!" but alas, there is a party going on in that world, and I can't crash it.

I text Keith because I am annoyed.

Once I had contraction #3, I decide I need to get the fudge outta there.

But I'm wedged in between two cars.

Sooooooooo...I start the 3 point turn process in my Acadia, which is about as big as Texas. People are staring and yelling, I'm like whatever, freaks, I'm in labor...I finally get out of that hot mess but I think "Holy crap if I'm really in labor, I need this money in my account or my checks will bounce!" So I pull in at the ATM, do my business, and head about 10 doors down to Arby's.

I order food for Sierra and I and after they give it to me I realize that I better not eat chicken with buffalo sauce if I'm going to be bearing down in about 5 hours...so we go home, I get Sierra started eating, and I stick my stuff in the fridge and I go take a shower.

I texted Keith (tried to call him, he didn't answer his phone) and I told him look, contractions 5 minutes apart for 30 minutes...Sierra is eating, I am showering...get home, eat, make Justin eat...I am calling the OB and if we have to go, I want everyone DONE EATING before this happens. Also, I told him to make the kids do cat litter and feed the animals before we go!

So I get into the shower...I get out. Sierra comes upstairs in her dance leotard and I realize I can't take her to the hospital like that. So I tell her to change. Not having time to go WITH her and pick out her outfit and take time to dress her, I just tell her (knowing her) "WEAR SOMETHING NORMAL!!!"

Sierra and "normal" don't go in the same sentence. She comes up again a few minutes later wearing an evening gown. DH is downstairs checking his football league (priorities...feed animals, eat dinner, CHECK THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE????) and I am of no help to ANYONE at this point.

Then my son comes up with his hair JUST ALL HORRIDLY MESSED UP. I did not think dressing my kids for the hospital was going to be an issue. My son announces "I spiked my hair with MY OWN SWEAT!!!"

No time for HIM to shower...he's just going to have to sport the fro.

I make my daughter change...yelling at her through contractions...I can barely get them back downstairs...but I got my shower in and I was dressed (like a normal person with normal hair, at least one of us made it).

I call the OB at 8:15...he calls me back about 8:25. I tell him I'm having contractions every 5-7 minutes for 2 hours now...and he asks if they are stopping me from doing what I do.

Well, they WOULD be, but who else is going to control the weird kids???

I explain that they are coming with a lot of pressure...pain yes, but more pressure than anything.

Much to my surprise, he tells me to come in. I tell him I'm about 30 minutes out and he says he'll call ahead and tell them I am coming.

So we clean up from dinner, get the kids looking as normal as we can, grab our stuff, feed the animals, (check the football league ARGH) and head out the door.

We call my parents and Keith's parents and put them on alert...telling them NOT to freak out...we're just going to get monitored. We tell them we'll call them back in about an hour and let them know what's up.

Keith drops me off at the ER entrance. Then him and the kids walk in with my stuff. They ask if I want a wheelchair but I decline. We go up to L&D and get checked in.

They DO NOT put me in triage...they put me in a regular room. They give me a patient belongings bag and tell me to put on the gown. Then they tell me the kids can't stay through labor because it's nighttime.

I say "But I'm just here to get monitored!"

The nurse says "This is your third baby...I'm pretty sure you are staying." But they said my OB never called them and told them I was coming! Which is weird, he is usually really good about that.

So I get into the bed, and they hook me up to the monitors. Within about 3 minutes, an intern came in to check me. He checked me and I was 2.5 cms (up from 2) and 70% effaced (up from 60%).

This happened to me twice before, with both of the other kids. They send you home! So the intern says "Well, you are having contractions every 5-7 minutes, we'll call the OB and ask him what he wants to do." I pretty much figured he'd send me home and I'd labor until Thursday...and if not Thursday, it would probably be a miserable weekend. This progress was SLOW, not the "this is your third, you are going to go FAST" that I was told I'd be having.

Keith and I were talking about what we were going to do...and the intern came back in within about three minutes. He told me that the OB said that, since the progress was slow, and since I was due the next day anyway, just keep me, give me pitocin to help me along, and let's get this over with.

Oh goodness, baby needs boob...bbl.
Thanks Kiliki for the siggy!

Last edited by Justjessie; October 11th, 2010 at 05:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
October 10th, 2010, 07:41 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 2,313
oh man i was excited to read the ending
Reply With Quote
October 12th, 2010, 08:20 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,254
Ack! Where's the ending? Lol.
Thank you Alethia for my gorgeous siggy!!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0