20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 11:27 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls! this week is really dragging! I really cannot wait until Sat, actually until sometime tomorrow afternoon, once I know my papa is ok. he has to be there at 5:30am and who knows what time they will actually get him in the OR, the surgery will be 5 ish hrs they say, yikes! The teddy bear idea is super sweet! love it!

where would your brother be moving to? maybe Philadelphia? then you can visit him...and me!

This weekend we have no plans, I may go to see my dad, I am waiting to hear how everything goes, he will be pretty much sedated for 2 days straight so I don't know, I def do not want my kids to see him sedated with tubes in every avail space that would be bad. I will decide last minute my plan. If everything goes textbook we may just wait and visit once he is home and settled. The are only 2 1//2 hrs away but with kids and work it seems like a million miles sometimes! ugh

I also have to plan a Halloween/Dual 40th birthday party, it is going down on Nov 2, I however have nada done for it. ughhhhh not sure why I got myself into this!
October 17th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! You guys are back!

Kim, I have everything crossed that your dad will have a smooth surgery and all will be well tomorrow afternoon. It's amazing how long surgeries take, but I guess it's good that they are taking their time working on him. Maybe your DH could watch the kids and you could go see your dad on your own? I agree about not really wanting the kids to see him like that though.

If you're doing a Halloween themed party after Halloween, you could wait until November 1st to go out and get the decorations and stuff. Then they will be on sale. I'm doing that for Leah's birthday. She wants a Monster High theme, so I thought I'd collect stuff on sale after Halloween. That will go with her theme.

Michelle, good luck with the exams. You'll do great. Hopefully your brother will have good news for you on Saturday.

DH is coming home tonight, yay! He's been in Texas this week. Thanksgiving was great. Everyone was happy and well fed. Leah woke up really sick Sunday night and I made DH bring her to the ER cuz I was worried it was meningitis (a friend had it and Leah had the symptoms so I was freaking out). But she just had a virus and a strain in her neck. Was sick for a couple of days and no one else got it. So it's all good.
October 17th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Meningitis, how scary! Glad she's ok and that nobody else got it.

Kim, who is the party for?? You are a brave soul. I love hosting things/work myself up so much about it so that I always swear I'll never do it again.

First exam went well. And now I can't be bothered to stress myself out about the one tomorrow.

If my brother is moving I would guess it would be to Ottawa, so visits for Jennifer, not Kim But that's just a guess. I know he's looking for government or political or environmental watchdog type work (I think???) so our nation's capital seems like a safe bet...who knows.

I have so much to do between now and bedtime that I can't seem to get myself out of this chair.

Also, I might feed my kids nutella sandwiches and string cheese for supper tonight. Fact.

October 18th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, sending you and your family endless positive thoughts today. Let us know how things go for your dad!
October 18th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Those are good vibes coming your way Kim

October 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
thanks ladies xoxo!...he is still in surgery, last update they said everything was stable and they were still working, they said they would update again right before they close him up, still waiting for that call.....waiting is a terrible thing!

Michelle the party is a 40th birthday party for my DH who turns 40 on Halloween and his best friend who turns for 1 week later. We figured since we have all the same friends why not combine the party? sounded good at the time loll...also we are making it a Halloween party too because it is a kid friendly thing, figured it would be more fun. I don't know. I kinda wing it and hope everything falls into place, we'll see!

I will update when I know how my dad-io is!
October 18th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you gotten the final call yet?
October 18th, 2013, 04:05 PM
sorry I didn't update sooner, he was out of surgery at 1:15 I tried to post then but kept getting some error message...anyway it went well, textbook, no complications, he is still sedated but resting and all is ok. Thanks girls!! xoxo
~MamaTutu~ likes this.
October 21st, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Hurray, the surgery went well! How is he doing now? Did you end up seeing him over the weekend?

How is everyone's week looking? Mine's looking busy. Can't wait until this class is done!

Have a happy Monday. Is that a thing???

October 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi!

Kim, how is your dad feeling?

Michelle, how was your dinner Saturday? What was the big news?

Nothing exciting going on this week, which is fine. Everyone seems pretty healthy, so I'm just going to enjoy these few days before the next cold/flu comes to visit.
October 21st, 2013, 11:16 AM
Hi girls, my dad is doing really well, he was up and walking yesterday. He isn't one to complain so he says he is fine. All in all things seem good!

my week is full or work, work and more work. I am beginning to think working is overrated
October 21st, 2013, 05:33 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover

October 23rd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm lame. Watching the live feed of the Royals arriving for the christening. Except it's just a clock.

How is everyone's week going so far?

Kim, hopefully your dad is more open with your mom about how he's feeling.

Kelly, is that you?
October 23rd, 2013, 07:22 AM
My week is super busy, it's the norm lately, work is crazy busy and after work we always have some kind of something going on it seems!...my Dad is going to be discharged tomorrow, a day earlier than planned, he says he feels better every day and is anxious to get home. I think we will go this weekend to see him, probably stay with my sister so my kids don't make him too nuts
October 24th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Drive by giraffe pats from Kelly!

Kim, your Dad is a champ Now, for real this time, your family gets a pass from all things medically unpleasant for the next long while. K? You guys deserve a big, long break.

How did that christening go, Jennifer

Dh and I are essentially ships in the night these days because of our schedules and it's go go go all the time. Seems to be the the norm these days, as Kim says. Can't wait for weekend down time. Or at least to see my husband and parent as a team for a few minutes?

Ah, the rugrats are waking...have a good day!

October 24th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Hi ladies, my dad actually was able to come home yesterday! he is a rock star! He said he feels like a truck hit him but he was still glad to get home!

I have so much to do for this party, oh me oh my!

Glad you will get some hubby time Michelle! enjoy it!

So what are your kiddies being for Halloween? mine are a mermaid and a power ranger. fun stuff ha! I volunteered to help in Syd's class on Halloween, 22 5 year olds, God give me strength lol
October 30th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys!

Kim, you are a brave, brave soul. I always needed a drink after spending time in O's kindergarten class! How's your Dad doing? How was your visit?

Jennifer, how's it going? How is James making out in preschool? And the potty?

For Halloween Oscar is going as Super Mario and Holly as Rudolf the red nosed reindeer. I tried to cop out and buy O's costume but they had none left so I had had to piece it together myself. I find Holly's obsession with Rudolf kind of weird but sweet and the costume was easy enough to put together. Dh is out of town for Halloween so trick or treating and the candy fueled days after are mine alone. Jealous?

Happy Halloween eve!

October 31st, 2013, 01:49 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
Hi friends! It's 3:40am and I'm up feeding Mr. Crankypants.

How are you guys?!!

October 31st, 2013, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AMANDA! We miss you! Your baby is so beautiful, even if he is a cranky pants Keep fighting the good fight, You guys will get through it.

My kids were up at 5 am because of Halloween excitement. Thus doesn't bode well for Christmas morning...I finished up the details of O's costume last night and this morning he said "this costume fills up my heart!" so I guess it was worth the effort.

My Dad has decided to come and visit for a few days while dh is away. I was kind of looking forward to a few lazy days while he was gone, now I have to clean house and cook for him. Nuts.

Have a great Halloween, guys! Hope to see more of you, Amanda!
kimmiejo and ~MamaTutu~ like this.

October 31st, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amanda,

I remember those days with James. In fact, we called him Mr. Crankypants. Colic sucks!!!!!!!!!

Michelle, I love O's reaction. So sweet. Was he allowed to wear his costume to school?

Leah woke up at 3 with a nosebleed and then she came back every half hour or so asking if it was time to get up yet. It's raining and it's supposed to rain ALL day, so it will be a wet night. Leah doesn't care. She is set to go. I'm taking James to a mall nearby for afternoon trick or treating, in case he gets upset by the rain tonight.

Happy Halloween!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search