Nervous...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2010, 02:38 PM
prantastic4
Anyone here had an abnormal pap before?
July 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have. DH and I had dtd the day before so I am not sure if that is what caused it to come back abnormal, but I just had to have a follow up pap 3 months later and it came back fine.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
July 13th, 2010, 02:57 PM
prantastic4
I just got back from my MW, and it came back abnormal. I don't remember if we dtd before or not, but I remember her telling me my cervix was bleeding and inflamed a bit.
July 13th, 2010, 03:00 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by prantastic4 View Post
I just got back from my MW, and it came back abnormal. I don't remember if we dtd before or not, but I remember her telling me my cervix was bleeding and inflamed a bit.
I think I also remember reading somewhere that alot of women have their first abnormal pap while pregnant. What is her plan of action? Are they just going to do a follow up? I know it is easier said than done but try not to worry. I made myself sick with worry and there was no need too. I can be very common. ((((hugs))))

Oh and my cervix bled quite a bit when I had my pap done with this pregnancy also.
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
July 13th, 2010, 03:02 PM
prantastic4
We will be doing a test after the baby is born. She didn't seem too concerned. I looked it up, and all of the things that can go wrong are driving me nuts. Like, it said something about genital warts...I've never seen anything "Down there" but just the thought of it scares me. Then the biggie...cancer. ugh.
July 13th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Mommy2Aiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also had my first abnormal pap when I got pg with DS. If she does not seem concerned than I am sure everything is fine. If she thought it could be cervical cancer or related she would have you do a colpo within three months. I hope that calms your nerves a little bit.

July 13th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yep I had several...ended up having to have some tissues frozen on my cervix, that was back in 1996, and I haven't had any problems since.
July 13th, 2010, 03:45 PM
my4loves's Avatar Final score=Girls3 Boys2
I had an abnormal pap last year. I did dtd the day before my appt(wasn't even thinking this was a no-no) I had to have a colposcopy to get a closer look and make sure there was nothing cancerous. Everything turned out okay and my next pap 6 months later came back normal.

July 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM
sbobodalka's Avatar Super Mommy
I did and had the colposcopy done 2 times, and then I had some procedure done called the Leep procedure to remove any abnormal cells and have never had another one again.
July 13th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
I've heard a lot of women can get abnormal paps during pregnancy. Something about the cells changing naturally or something.

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

July 13th, 2010, 06:14 PM
famograham's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: Beautiful Parksville, BC, Canada (on Vancouver Island)
Me too. When I was 16 I had abnormal, precancerous cells. I had a colposcopy, and then cryotherapy/cryosurgery. That is when they use liquid nitrogen to freeze the area of abnormal cells. This kills the abnormal cells.

I had pap tests every six months for a few years, they all came back normal, and then I was switched back to regular once a year pap tests.

It was pretty scary as a teenager, but I was fine.

You'll be OK

July 13th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't, but I hope everything turns out okay
July 13th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope everything turns out ok. KUP!
July 13th, 2010, 07:09 PM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also had my first abnormal pap when I was pregnant with my first. They wanted to do a colposcopy (sp) right away, but I requested to wait and do repeat paps because my sister has had several colposcopies and nothing ever came back wrong. I repeated after I delivered and came back completely normal. Haven't had an abnormal one since.

July 13th, 2010, 07:52 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had an abnormal one in college. Did another, everything was fine. Don't worry too much.
July 13th, 2010, 08:01 PM
mauiamy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From what the other girls are posting it looks like your not a lone and everything should be ok! Hang in there hun and stay positive!

Annette Marcel born 1/22/11 8lbs 8oz
July 14th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Miracle BabyBlessing's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by famograham View Post
Me too. When I was 16 I had abnormal, precancerous cells. I had a colposcopy, and then cryotherapy/cryosurgery. That is when they use liquid nitrogen to freeze the area of abnormal cells. This kills the abnormal cells.

I had pap tests every six months for a few years, they all came back normal, and then I was switched back to regular once a year pap tests.

It was pretty scary as a teenager, but I was fine.

You'll be OK
I had this too. It is quite common my obgyn said at the time. They still ask at appts (diff dr.) if ever had an abnormal pap and when I yes, years ago when 14 they always shrug it off like no big deal. Of course back then too, they didn't know as much about it as now. I do know a few women who had them while pregnant and both after giving birth had the ab cells removed and everything was fine.

Welcome to our Baby Girl Born January 19th, 2011!!!

(07/04, 02/06, 08/07, 12/07, 01/08, 09/09, 03/10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search