This whole pelvic rest thing stinks!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2010, 10:11 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I have a very active sex life and now we can't have sex bc of pelvic rest. I know it's for the sake of our babies but it just stinks! Has anybody else been on pelvic rest? How long did they make you stay on for? How did you come up with new ways to be intimate with your dh? I know if I am taken off pelvic rest I will just worry the whole time we are doing it any way that it won't be like normal until after the babies are here (and I am sure we will have plenty of time after their arrival to make love) Thanks for letting me vent!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
July 14th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh that does stink...I was on it with DS from week 30-37. Due to early contractions Then when we "could" DTD, I didn't want to b/c it hurt lol! Are you allowed to do things that get you excited too? Just asking b/c sometimes the docs don't want you to experience an "O" due to possible contractions. I know others who when pregnant with multiples weren't allowed to do ANYTHING that would even stimulate the women...I hope that's not the case with you.
July 14th, 2010, 10:49 AM
blessedx7's Avatar I <3 my big family!
Yes it stinks....wait, what am I saying? I loved it! LOL I was on it from 24-36 weeks with ds #1 (and complete bedrest from 25-36 weeks) due to preterm labor. On and off with unexplained spotting with dd #1, and 12-22 weeks with dd #2 because of a complete placenta previa. Pretty much the intimacy was gone during that time but it didn't seem wrong. We were both so focused on getting our baby here safe and sound. We had lots of cuddle time and spent more quality one and one time together, but not much beyond that.
ages 15, 13, 11, 8, 8, 4 & Kerrigan born 1-14-11
Our Family Blog: www.thecashcrew.blogspot.com

Kerrigan Elizabeth born on her duedate- 100% natural, hypnobabies, VBA2C

Last edited by blessedx7; July 14th, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
July 14th, 2010, 11:17 AM
MommyMelissa's Avatar *Melissa*
Sorry.. Im opposite though! I dont have a wonderful sex drive when Im pregnant! I wish I did though because we know our men get... nasty if it's been to long lol. I am sure you guys will find other ways of intimacy, it all depends on what you enjoy! Good luck and rest those babies!
July 14th, 2010, 11:27 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive been on it with my 2DD.. becuz of bleeding.. i was on it for two weeks at a time.. and then finally was in the clear around 12 weeks ...

now i know thats like nothing compares to the length that someone with multiples might have to be on it.. but it still sucked.

and yes.. sucking was something i did to help keep him happy.. haha.. You asked! also i did hand jobs... and as for myself i really was to nervous to left anything really stimulate me.. but i told him i still enjoyed him touching me and grabbing me .. etc.. During that time we did a LOT more making out... which was actually fantastic..

i hope you wont have to be on it for much longer.. but in the meantime get creative and enjoy the extra kisses..

~Em

July 14th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
I'd pleasure him in other ways if I couldn't dtd (we call af week bj week ). And we'd definitely have lots of make out time, etc.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
July 14th, 2010, 11:52 AM
CartersMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been on full pelvic rest for my entire pregnancy with DS and now with this baby! This time we knew I would be on it, it honestly does not bother me that much. DH knows that it is best for the baby with all my uterine issues. There are lots of other ways to be intimate!
July 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I was to embarrassed to ask my ob yesterday if I was allowed to have outside sitmulation I think it was bc dh was in the room and he would have fainted if I asked lol. I have pleased DH a couple since I have been on rest. I'm just going enjoy pleasing him and making out

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
July 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Erikajo's Avatar Mommy to 4 Blessings
Aww that's frustrating. I'm sorry.

Erika, mommy to 4 blessings -
Nathan (8), Emily (4), Joshua (22 months) and Luke (1.9.11)

My Blog - Musings From a SAHM

July 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been on pelvic rest for 4 weeks now since I started bleeding. My doc said to continue pelvic rest until two weeks after the bleeding stops. It's very frustrating! I stopped bleeding sometime last week and I've just had some mild spotting since then, so I guess we're not good to go until next week sometime.

We haven't been very intimate since pelvic rest started because "fooling around" always leads to DTD. So, we've just been snuggling.
July 14th, 2010, 12:56 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Oh, I'm so sorry. This is really awful and I hope you aren't affected by it the whole time. It seems like whenever I think I've heard the worst parts about pregnancy, there are more... BOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaeph View Post
(we call af week bj week ).
LOL!! My slushie almost came out my nose from that and that would have been painful. That's hilarious!

July 14th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Miracle BabyBlessing's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been on pelvic rest since before 4 weeks when found out pregnant. DH thinks it is the end of the world! There is a good chance I will be whole pregnancy as I have had several bleeding issues. I just do "other things" for him if and when I have the energy.

Welcome to our Baby Girl Born January 19th, 2011!!!

(07/04, 02/06, 08/07, 12/07, 01/08, 09/09, 03/10)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search