Can we discuss diaper changing?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These days it is like an Olympic sport! He rolls over and crawls away taking his poopy butt with him! I have to restrain him practically to get the diaper on! Whats it like at your house?

Here is a picture from today. He flipped over, crawled over the edge of the changing, knocked over all the lotions and things with one swipe and went right for the fan!

October 10th, 2011, 08:28 PM
MomtoParker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, that seems about right! We have many diaper changes that look like that. Either he is rolling and sitting up or he is crying. Oh, mobility!

October 10th, 2011, 09:59 PM
kdmommie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just laughed when I read this Jaime. That's exactly what Logan does too. I usually change him on the bed though. I got the diaper off and turn to get the wipe and he up crawling away and all I see is his little poopy hinny and balls.

October 10th, 2011, 10:06 PM
azrunningmom's Avatar Julie S
Are you sure you aren't here changing Taylor, because that sounds like her! I have to strap her down on the changing table sometimes!! I now have teddy bear that she really likes, but she can only play with on the changing table. That seems to help a little, but I still have to be quick.
Baby Taylor arrived on 01/04/2011 at 9:26pm weighing 7lbs 8oz and 19 inches long

October 11th, 2011, 04:50 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
She rarely does it while I'm changing her. Most of the time she does it when I'm trying to get her in her sleeper. You'd think I was trying to get her in a straight jacket....sheesh!

October 11th, 2011, 11:25 AM
keekopeeko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
isnt it FUN... haha.. i actually dont change zeke on his table right now because i know one of these days he is just gonna flip himself right off it.. so we change diapers on the floor for now.

~Em

October 11th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Alv07's Avatar Veteran
That picture has be cracking up. I have to try to restrain Adeline when I am trying to change her. I've also become quite good at changing her standing up.
October 11th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Love this picture! I found that if I give Finn something to play with when I'm changing him, he USUALLY lays still long enough for me to at least wipe his butt! Sometimes, I will even luck out and he will lay still long enough to get a clean diaper on. It all depends on what toy I give him. I find it works best if I give him something that is new to him. Also, with getting him dressed, because he likes to stand so much, I gave in and I just let him stand while I put the clothes on him. Makes life so much easier.
October 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every now and then Natalie will grab her feet and hold them out of the way which is super helpful. Usually she's trying to squirm away and putting her foot in the messy diaper. I also give her something to hold to try to keep her sitting still. I gave her the Desitin today and then just hoped and prayed I got her changed before she figured out how to open the lid and take a diaper cream shot. Ick!
October 12th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Veteran
Same thing here. I usually change Em on the floor or on the couch. I seems like it is a little easier if I am some what on the same level as her. I usually give her something to hold like an empty infant tylenol bottle with uncooked rice in it. It works about half the time.

October 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Jennyt13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiley-emmalyn View Post
Same thing here. I usually change Em on the floor or on the couch. I seems like it is a little easier if I am some what on the same level as her. I usually give her something to hold like an empty infant tylenol bottle with uncooked rice in it. It works about half the time.
I read this 3 or 4 times - and saw "I usually change Em on the floor of the church" I'm like - she goes to church every time she changes her? I think I need to wake up!

Michael has an empty paprika bottle, with unpopped popcorn in it

He does the same crazy stuff yours all do! Tries to flip over every time. Its much easier when dh is there to distract him - but I normally have to give him a big stuffed animal that sings - and that gets in the way too - but it makes it easier than if he were to flip!

Michael Joseph Born 1/14/11 at 2:46pm
Baby Christian - born into heaven at 22 weeks gestation - 7/14/12

Starting IVF/PGD - September 2012
47 eggs retrieved (OUCH!)
38 eggs mature
26 eggs fertilized
10 embryos biopsied
3 embryos - 2 boys, 1 girl are waiting to be transferred - transferring 1 boy 1 girl on first FET!!!

2/12/13 - FET - Cancelled due to fluid in the uterus
2/20/13 - Hysteroscopy scheduled - 1 polyp removed.

4/10/13 - FET - 2 embies transferred as planned! 1 boy 1 girl!
4/22/13 - Trying to wait to test - Beta scheduled!! -
7/31/13 - FET - 1 embie transferred - 1 boy
8/7/13 - 7dp5dt - - but very light
8/9/13 - 9dp5dt - - no mistaking this one!
8/12/13 - 1st Beta scheduled - 64
8/14/13 - 2nd Beta scheduled - only 10
03/03/14 - FET #3 - 1 embie transferred - 1 girl
3/11/14 - FAINT BFP
3/13/14 - HCG only 20.2
3/17/14 - HCG rose to 151!!!
3/20/14 - HCG rose again - 630! Nurse was in shock!
3/27/14 - Ultrasound scheduled - HB Found! 6w1d 124bpm
4/3/14 - Second Ultrasound - Still doing well!
4/14/14 - First OB appointment - looking good!
October 14th, 2011, 11:37 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
Send a message via AIM to MandiK
This is Sofie exactly. Drives me flippin' crazy.
October 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
jaime9's Avatar Veteran
LOL thats what it looks like changing Anthony
I have to search the house for a really fun thing he can hold onto while I change him.His usual toys just don't do it
October 14th, 2011, 02:30 PM
blessedx7's Avatar I <3 my big family!
hey I've nursed in that room! lol
ages 15, 13, 11, 8, 8, 4 & Kerrigan born 1-14-11
Our Family Blog: www.thecashcrew.blogspot.com

Kerrigan Elizabeth born on her duedate- 100% natural, hypnobabies, VBA2C

October 14th, 2011, 02:42 PM
AprylLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ya that sounds familiar. i have a mini shelf above the changer so i normally give her a comb or thermometer cover to play with while i change her. it lasts til i wipe the butt then she throws it and back to trying to hold her down lol
October 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Rockstarmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha! Yeah you have a different perspective now looking at my photos, Kelly!! Can't wait to see you again someday!

October 18th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Veteran
Gotta change from velcro to snaps because Mere has learned how to remove the tabs and I regularly "discover" her with a diaper squatting to pee/poop in the floor and clap....almost as if she is proud of this errr acomplishment.

Mackey, wife to Rah and Mom to
Micah, Michaela,Matthew,Mason,Miles,Macauley,Mireya and Meredith

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search