What do i have to do to get a big fat baby????

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2011, 10:56 AM
pikcstick's Avatar Veteran
i just had my 34 week appointment and they scheduled me for an ultrasound next week to check her size. the dr is thinking she is small, in the six pound range. i want a nice fat good size baby. i eat constantly. i don't know why i can't get a good size kid. i gained 58 pounds my first pregnancy which gave me a 7lb 11 ozer. then i gained 45 the second time and i got a 6lb 10 ozer. this time for some inexplicable reason i only gained 28 lbs and i am wondering if that is why she will be small. i am a little sad. my quinn was such a tiny chicken butt.
October 25th, 2011, 11:38 AM
jessicab25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to jessicab25
Weight gain really has nothig to do with babys weight... at least for me it doesnt lol. I had two 8+ lbers and a 6lber. You just make smaller babys.
October 25th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Weight gain had nothing to do with my babies weights either.

I gained 40lbs with DS1 and he was 7lbs, 1oz (at 40 weeks)

I gained 35lbs with DS2 and he was 8lbs, 15oz (at 40 week, 1 day)
October 25th, 2011, 12:25 PM
jojow
Weight gain doesn't necessarily play a role in how big the baby is, but what you are eating does. I am following the Brewer's pregnancy diet. It is supposed to produce chunky babies. The basics are 80-120 grams of protein, 2600 calories, and unrestricted weight gain. Here's the site. The Brewer Pregnancy Diet All of my other babies were 7lbs1oz, 7lbs11oz, and 6lbs5oz. I ate poorly (but gained a lot with each pregnancy). We will see if this way of eating gives me a bigger baby!
October 25th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Momsince06's Avatar Mommy Since 2006
i hope you dont take this as rude, but why do you want a huge baby? babies come in all sizes.. id much rather have a lighter weight baby than a big 9 pounder. My first was 4lbs 4oz my second was 7lbs on the dot and my daughter was 9lbs 9.5 oz and id much rather have a smaller healthy baby than one who is big.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

October 25th, 2011, 12:36 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My two were smaller than yours! 6.3 pounds the first time and 7.3 pounds the second. And I gained 28 pounds and 40 pounds, respectively. I think some people just don't make big babies. Can be genetic, diet, really anything. I think your babies' sizes are perfectly normal.
October 25th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My largest baby was was 8.2 pounds and he was my first. My second was only 6.9 and my 3rd was 7.9. My midwife said maybe I just don't make huge babies and that's okay. I really hope this one is at least 7 pounds. Having my DD be so tiny at 6.9 was a little scary.

Thank you *Julka* for my beautiful siggy
October 25th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~* View Post
i hope you dont take this as rude, but why do you want a huge baby? babies come in all sizes.. id much rather have a lighter weight baby than a big 9 pounder. My first was 4lbs 4oz my second was 7lbs on the dot and my daughter was 9lbs 9.5 oz and id much rather have a smaller healthy baby than one who is big.
no of course i don't find your comment rude. my second one was just soooo small. i like a hardy baby with some weight to it. i wish i knew about the brewer diet before now, but i do eat a high protein diet, as i did with my other children. maybe i do just make small babies. I am a petite person ( i am barely 5'3 about 125 lbs not pregnant) but I was so enormous with my first pregnancy and they said he would be 9 or 10 lbs and he was about 7.5 He was a good size.

if i gain 28 lbs it would be nice if eight pounds of that were baby lol. the other thing is I see all these nice chunky newborns and my kids always start out skinny. i want a little pudge ball. they just look healthier to me. thanks. my mom was on my case because her kids got bigger each time and mine seem to be getting smaller. she insists that I am dieting,but my co worker will tell you that i am definetly not. thank you girls
October 25th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to heartsleeve71
Yah i think a lot of it is just genetics. My first was induced at 39 weeks, i gained 30 and she was 9 lbs, 10 oz, my second i gained about the same and she was induced at 37 weeks and was 8 lbs, and this one i started overweight so I have gained 12 lbs and he is already 5 lbs on the trail to being a 9 lber.

I ate differently with eat one and still had big babies but never gained..."too much" weight so it was't that! Just keep trying to be healthy and whatever will be will be!!!
October 25th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Momsince06's Avatar Mommy Since 2006
i think alot has to do with you being a smaller woman... and i hear ya, my 7lber was a tiny little fellow.. he had to wear preemie diapers becasue newborns leaked cuz they were too big on his little waist.. even now he has a tiny little waist. an hes the skinnist out of the 3 ive got lol.. an the other thing too is different genetic builds of ppl. like my first and third are solid builds.. not fat but they are bigger kids, solid and heavier and then my wafer middle child is 42lbs and skinny an cant put on weight lol.. his little sister who is 14 months younger than him wore bigger diapers than him for the longest time when they were little and he finally gained 2 lbs to get ahead of her cuz she weighed 40 lbs when he was only 38 lol

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

October 25th, 2011, 02:06 PM
MammaHutch
As long as baby is healthy, 6lbs is a nice size in my opinion. I was only 6 lbs. I would not worry too much honestly.
October 25th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree that it's probably more genetic than anything. I don't think you can really control how big your baby is. My first was 6lbs. 11 oz. and I gained 35 lbs. My second was 8lbs. 13 oz and I only gained 25 lbs.
October 26th, 2011, 08:15 AM
ok thanks girls. I am just afraid i am going to lose her in the blankets. plus, my husband is a very big guy and he looks very funny holding tiny babies, especially when he wears them in the baby bjorn baby carrier. now that i told you about it, i have to take a picture of him with her in it and post it if i can figure out how to upload photos lol
October 26th, 2011, 09:46 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
So when you mention how much weight gain you had, did you always go back to your original weight after having a baby?

October 26th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i don't think weight has anything to do with it, my first i gained either 30 or 35lbs for and he was 6lbs 8ozs. this baby i have only gained 6lbs and he is supposed to be average about 7lbs or so. and with cheyenne i gained 25lbs and she was 8lbs 12ozs.

October 26th, 2011, 01:29 PM
AprilJanellieBellie's Avatar Keepin Busy
Lol. I have small children as well, I'm just used to it I guess. Lol. Maybe you'll be surprised and baby will gain a few pounds before making their arrival.
October 26th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
So when you mention how much weight gain you had, did you always go back to your original weight after having a baby?
yes i do always go back to my original weight. i have gained the least this pregnancy and i have done everything exactly the same. i was actually more careful about what i ate and excersized religiously last time and gained 45. this time i had a major sweet tooth and haven't been able to get to the gym 5 days a week ( more like 3 days) and i only gained 28 so far. i hope to lose it. i nursed all my kids and that did help with weight loss, plus i banded my stomach after the last one and plan to do that again because it really worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilJanellieBellie View Post
Lol. I have small children as well, I'm just used to it I guess. Lol. Maybe you'll be surprised and baby will gain a few pounds before making their arrival.
that would be nice. i am not asking for a 13 pounder, but an 8 pounder would be nice. my quinn was so small and skinny when he was born. he is still a skinny mini, long and thin. my older boy is thin but super muscular, a thick linebacker build. i guess i will know soon enough. eeek i can't believe i am having a girl. she is making me be a massive ****** too. i hope that goes away after she is born lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search