Advice on feeding issue

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
When the boys transitioned from formula to solids and whole milk I just bought the gerber meals and side ALL the time. They ate that until they were ready to transition to what we eat. But this time, with Lily I just cant afford to buy all gerber, its so expensive! I am trying to come up with ideas on what she can eat.

So now that Lily is nearing 12 months Im starting to panic. Im having a hard time with solids for her. She is very tiny, only about 17 pounds, and still very babyish. I looked online for advice and one tip that I thought she could eat was peanut butter toast so I made her peanut butter and jelly and tore it into teeny pieces and she had a hard time with it and kept choking. I also gave her some gerber banana puffs with it and she does great with those. I havent tried eggs yet but Im trying that tomorrow. She loves cheese, cheerios, bread, puffs, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes. I have decided to keep her on formula for another month or two instead of cows milk because she still has problems with it.

Any other ideas?

Im also having a hard time with her schedule. It doesnt leave room for lunch because she still sleeps so much. Here is her schedule right now:

Wake up at 9am- breakfast usually oatmeal/fruit/cereal and 4oz bottle

Nap from 11:30am-3:30pm with 6oz bottle (wont eat lunch shes too tired and cranky)

3:30 wake up drinks a 4oz bottle (too late for lunch too early for dinner)

5:00pm dinner with juice/water no bottle

8pm bedtime with 8oz bottle

The only option I see is her eating lunch at 3:30 then a realllly late dinner in which case I have to make 2 lunches and 2 dinners which is difficult. Im trying to get her on our schedule as much as possible. Or I can keep doing what Im doing until shes ready to eat lunch at 11:30 or noon. I have tried feeding her lunch before she lays down but shes just too cranky and tired and wants to go to bed NOW.

What do you think? And thank you for any suggestions I know this was long! Im just stressing about it!

January 6th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Veteran
Wow! That is some nap! I won't be much help to you. I have decided to keep Britney on baby food for a bit longer. She chokes quite easily too. I'm just to scared to try any real food with her (she eats puffs, cheese and that's about it for real food). I figure she will eventually move on to real food (hopefully before college, ha ha).
January 6th, 2012, 06:58 PM
midwifemama's Avatar Veteran
I make a really easy slow cooker meal. I take two cans of condensed chicken or mushroom soup, add about a cup or so of dried rice, add about a cup of water or milk, throw in some whole frozen chicken breasts, cut up carrots and add them and cook on high for 4 hrs, right before its done I throw in some peas. DD loves it and it is almost like one of those older gerber meals once you cut up the chicken into bits. I go really heavy on the veggies. Its not the most exciting meal for an adult, but she really, really likes it and I think it would be easy for any baby to eat as everything is soft.
January 6th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Crystal713's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal713
Icole- Its nice to see Im not the only one with a baby that has a hard time with food! If she liked baby food I would do that. She wont eat it though, she wants table food and she wants it all! She just has a hard time getting it down.

Midwifemama- thats a great idea I did not think of a slow cooker! I could make and freeze. Perfect! Im going to check some out on Amazon Im sure they make smaller type ones. Thanks for the idea.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search