May Chat

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2012, 04:24 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thought we would try starting an ongoing chat thread for the month this month! Here we can talk about things going on in our lives, projects we are working on, etc (cleaning/decorating/organizing or not).

How is everyone doing?

Things are hopefully slowing down a little here. DH and I took off for a mini vacation over the weekend and we worked cows yesterday. My house is a bit of a mess right now after last weeks busyness. I have a lot of catching up to do. Saturday is my birthday. Not sure we will be doing much. Make myself a cake and that will probably be it. Saturday is also Kendra's last soccer game. After that we will just be down to preschool twice a week for trips into town. Hoping to get a fence put in around our back yard soon so that Josh is a little easier to watch outside. Hoping to get a good start on some bigger cleaning/organization projects this month!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 1st, 2012, 04:58 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're doing good. It has been a crazy two weeks around here, we just got back Texas and luckily got back in time for Dh to see his grandfather, who had cancer. His grandfather passed last Tuesday, 4 days after I had to take Dh down to south Texas for his training, and he wasn't able to come back for the funeral. Dd is having a kind of hard time with his death since this is the first time she has really experienced it. My MIL took her up to the casket before I could tell her I really didn't want her going and now Dd is really confused. She actually told her Memaw (great-grandma) "I thought Papa Thomas was in heaven, you didn't tell me he was just asleep." It broke all of our hearts.

We are super busy now too, we went on a field trip with my cousins Kindergarten class today, I am trying to get my observations scheduled for the class I am taking, we are going out of town to go shopping on Friday, and we are planning a couple small family vacations over the summer (including one trip to Idaho for my cousins wedding that will involve 11 family members, 14 days, three stops in Colorado for my Uncle's band to play shows, and all of this in one 15 passenger van...it will be insane!).

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Been having a rough few weeks actually, went off my meds and had a relapse of depression/ anxiety crap, so I'm back on the meds which make my hair fall out and make me sleepy all the time... I've been on and off the dang meds since I was a kid, keep thinking I will get better but every time I go off them there is hell to pay. Now I'm hoping that the problem is gluten intolerance so I'm getting tested for that. Plus my grandpa is kind of dying (he's recovered from pneumonia twice in the last couple months, he is 91 years old and it's not looking good for him)... Yeah I'm a ray of sunshine today...

But other than that, life is good I guess....
May 2nd, 2012, 04:19 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I had a rough April. After having an ectopic pregnancy, my cat of 18 years died. Then this past week, my oven went out and then my mini van broke down. And just Monday, my dh's truck was having problems...
My oven is fixed now and my van got towed to a dealership because the problem is a recalled part..
I am so ready for May. We hardly have problems like that, but when we do, they all come at the same time

May 2nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
It sounds like we all had a rough April, I hope that May is a lot better for all of us!

May 2nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
yeah! Dh's truck got fixed last night! Welcome May

May 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So how has everyone's May been treating them? I hope things are going much better for everyone than they did in April.

Things are keeping super busy here! DH is almost done planting corn and Kendra only has 3 more things to attend for preschool (preschool graduation today, last day of actual preschool Monday and then Preschool fun day on Tuesday). Trying to get swimming lessons lined up for Kendra this summer and trying to pin down a date for Josh's birthday party so I can get invites out for that.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 17th, 2012, 12:10 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing ok. My daughter's ballet recital is this weekend. I can't wait!!
May 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
It's been going pretty good here! I am just enjoying being home and spending time with family before we head to Hawaii. I have started cleaning my Aunt's house once a week so that I am making a little extra money on the side too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search