How many different loads of laundry?

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2008, 10:22 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When you divide up your laundry, how many different loads do you end up with?

I have six - that would be lights, darks, towels, Amelia's clothes (in Dreft), cloth diapers and DH's work clothes (which get truly nasty.) I feel like I am *constantly* doing laundry. I was just thinking (while thinking of how to arrange a cleaning schedule) that I have a load for every day of the week except Sunday...
March 6th, 2008, 04:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't sort by color, isn't that awful? I usually do 2 loads a day, though...1 in the morning, 1 before bed. My machine washes and dries in the same unit so I don't have to switch to dry. My so-called seperation entails seperating heavy towels and jeans from lighter fabrics, like undies and t-shirts. Most all of it gets washed in cold water.
March 6th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
one load! and thats just once a week, thank you jumbo washer at the laundry mat

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 6th, 2008, 06:41 AM
tonyarn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do whites, medium colors, and darks, but I have many laods of each every week. I usually do one load per day and somewhere during the week I have to find the time to do 3 or 4 loads on one day so I don't fall behind.

Benjamin 2/2/09

***site contains pictures***
I have 3 angels waiting for me in heaven.
March 6th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I seperate my colors, whites & towels. I usually do 2 loads a day.

<div align='center'></div>Siggy made by dettmer26- thank you!</div>
March 6th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Bluebunnygirl1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do one load every day into which i go ahead and throw everything. I only separate colors if there is a new red shirt. If I am washing a sweater or two, the whole load gets done on delicate. I do wash sheets and towels in separate, extra loads.

March 6th, 2008, 09:42 AM
MandiK's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Among the trees and stars, the drum beat never fades ...
At my house ...

Lights, Darks, Delicates (sweaters, mostly, which I save up until there's a full load), Towels, and Kitchen/Cleaning. I won't wash the kitchen towels or cleaning clothes with the clothes. DH did once and they transferred grease to darn near everything else in the load. So, no more for me. They just go in a crate next to the washer until there's at least 1/2 a load of them.

Everyone here does their own laundry, so I don't worry about it so much. They're big people. I do towels when I clean the bathroom (we reuse them by person) and the kitchen laundry as well as mine.
March 6th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do whites, lights&darks, jeans, towels, dish towels, and bedsheets. So, 6 loads. And I usually end up doing 2 or 3 loads a day... sometimes more. I have no clue where it all comes from lol

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”~ Anton LaVey
March 7th, 2008, 09:48 AM
MommyLovesLauren's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do almost 20 loads of laundry per week. I'm pretty particular about my laundry being perfect LOL. I divide by:

dark colors
light colors
whites
towels/washcloths/kitchen towels
delicates(my underwear)

once weekly loads:

sofa slipcovers(2)
sheet sets(3)
throw blankets
Lauren's pillow(always manages to get filthy!)
w/e stuffed animals are washable and are dirty

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search