Had our first ER trip :(

Forum: Moms of Girls

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Brianna had her first ER trip today. I was carring her into the kitchen in her bouncer chair when I triped over the cat and dropped her!! she landed face first onto the linolium floor in the kitchen, she started screaming for a about a min then stoped and started to act really tired I checked her pupils and they where the size of a pen head and weren't reacting to the light. I called Craig and then the dayhome kids dad and both where here within 15 min (it is a 25 min drive from thier work places) then she started blacking out, she was in and out of conchesness while I waited for the guys to arrive then whike I was installing the carseats in the truck Craig had to borrow from work she passed out completely and he could't wake her up! we rushed to the hospital and the took her straight in and assesed her. She was starting to come too when the doctor started checking her over and her pupils started reacting to the light again, her vitals where good and she began crying so they let me nurse her and after she was done nursing she was doing her usual "talking and big smiles" they checked her over again an hour later and she was still doing fine so they sent us home. The doc told me to call back in 2 hours to let him know if she is still go or not and to bring her in if anything changes. She nursed again when we got home and is sleeping now. She has a good sized bruse and bump on the right side of her forhead I have never been so scared in my life!!! I feel so bad and so stupid!! I can't believe I dropped her....stupid cat!! I am just soo glad she is alright..

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

December 17th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
(((((((HUGS Tara)))))))

That must have been soooo scary. I am so glad she is ok. Don't beat yourself up, it was an accident. I've had some close calls like that myself.
December 17th, 2009, 03:34 PM
twingirls52905's Avatar loving my new baby boy
Send a message via Yahoo to twingirls52905
((hugs)) I am so glad everything is alright.

December 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM
LovinMyGirls's Avatar Proud Working Momma
awww..glad she is okay!

"
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." AA&NJ
December 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
I'm glad she's okay.

December 17th, 2009, 06:32 PM
fromGirltoMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my!! How scary, Im soooooo glad shes alright!! Dont beat yourself up honey, shes ok and like Melanie said it was an accident!
(( 01*21*14 ))

Thy will be done through me for the highest good of all and for the true manifestation of my purpose.

in this time and in the place, I try to live with love and grace
December 17th, 2009, 09:08 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh, that's terrifying! I'm so glad she's okay!!
December 17th, 2009, 09:20 PM
hopesNdreams's Avatar Proud BF'ing Mama!!!
Wow how scary! Thank God she is okay, your a great mom...Accidents happen sweetie!

December 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How scary, I'm glad she's ok!

December 18th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Taramomof3's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Thanks for the thoughts and hugs everyone. I still feel soo bad! but I know it was an accedent it is just hard to get that image out my head. She is still doing great, I set the cell phone to go off every 2 hours last night so I could wake her up and make sure she was still good, yesterday I was waking her up every 30 min to be sure. The bump has gone down a bit now but she is still bruised, I didn't get much sleep at all last night I had her sleeping in bed with me just to have her close, I am now feeling the affects of how hard I hit the floor, my hips are killing me. But I am just sooo glad she is still doing good.

Brianna Eve (09/12/09) Dillan Zarek (07/20/06) Chase Alexander (10/04/08)

December 18th, 2009, 08:39 AM
3xamommy's Avatar BFing, CDing mom of 3
How scary! Glad she is ok! When Anna was a baby I was holding her and trying to work in the kitchen and I turned quickly and bumped her head against a cabinet door that was open. So we have all been there. Dont feel bad!

THANKS *AMBER* FOR MY AWESOME SIGGIE!!!!!!
December 18th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*hugs* I'm so sorry...glad she is doing better!

December 18th, 2009, 10:43 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ooooh!! How scary is that! I'm SO glad she's okay. And yes, we have all been there. BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search