Besides scrapbooking other crafts do you do?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2008, 07:55 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When you go to the big high end craft stores (Joann's, Michaels, AC Moore, Hobby lobby...or a local craft store)...it is amazing to see the huge sections they have devoted to scrapbooking, but when you look around the store, there are hundrends of other "crafts" that people do.

So besides scrappin what other areas of the crafts store have you shopped in? Do you have other regular hobbies besides scrapbooking?

I do floral arranging, I can sew...I also love interior design. So those areas of the store you might find me in.

The blinky is clickable!!
March 31st, 2008, 09:06 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love to learn to sew. The only other craft I do is card making. My goal is to never buy cards, and to make them all, but lots of times I need one last minute and just don't have the time.

March 31st, 2008, 10:17 AM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've not tried my hand at other crafts. I'd love to try cardmaking. Those handmade cards are super expensive and I reckon I could do it as well. I'd love to learn flower arranging too.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

March 31st, 2008, 10:21 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have done flower arranging in the past, but not for years and years. It was my hobby in high school. I only do scrapbooking and handmade cards now.

March 31st, 2008, 10:23 AM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like to cross stitch, crochet and cardmaking!

March 31st, 2008, 12:38 PM
mama~kat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I make dollhouse miniatures from polymer clay and other materials, I crochet, cross stitch, make jewelry, I try to do a little decorative painting. I would love to be able to paint with oils like my grandmother did, and I want to learn how to sew... even if I could only just make the simplest dress for McKenna

JellybeanJunction - My Etsy Shop Kat Scrap Fever (blog)
</div>
March 31st, 2008, 01:53 PM
LeedaRenee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I crochet and quilt.

April 1st, 2008, 07:00 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Besides scrapbooking, I do cardmaking, crosstitching, and I knit.. I'd love to learn to tole paint.. so that's next on my list.
April 2nd, 2008, 09:59 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I make hand-made quilts, have yet to finish the one I have been working on for 10 years I think lol.

I also am very good at cake decorating, at least the kids think so lol.

April 2nd, 2008, 11:17 AM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not really..I love baking , if that kinda counts? Not just making chocolate chip cookies but fancy cakes and cookies with frosting designs..Im still getting into it and when ur trying to lose weight its not the best hobbie
April 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
~.Sally.~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like to do cross stitch but don't get much time now adays.
April 3rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
Roni's Avatar Super Mommy
Gosh, I use to work at Michaels, so i dabble in alot!

- Sew
- Beading
- Painting (Acrylic)
- Crochet
- Cross Stitching
- Clay - Poly
- Invitation making
- Framing (I am a certified framer)

April 4th, 2008, 09:07 AM
jbc0827
I barely have time to scrap let alone anything else! LOL But I would like to do a cake decorating class and learn to sew.
April 4th, 2008, 10:48 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Would you guys believe that even though I know how to sew, when it comes down to actually sewing, I dislike it.

I like the thought that I can customize anything. Like I made everything in Hope's nursery, which is beautiful and so unique. I just did the main part of the kitchen curtains and but was misreable the whole time. I mean I know that I am very lucky to have grown up with an amazing Mom that was a whiz at sewing. And I am also proud of the fact that it is something Hope will just have in her life. My Mom was taught by her grandmother, then my Mom taught me, and I'll teach Hope. I just wish I loved it more.

I know exactly why I dislike it.....I am super ubber entirely impatient. And I just don't have the time to stitch slowly or rip out a mistake with care.

The blinky is clickable!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search