new to scrapbooking, not new to JM

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2008, 03:37 PM
JMAC
Hi all!
I'm Jenn and a member of the March 06 PR. (Hi fellow members, I know a few of you are here). I have had very good intentions of scrapbooking for years now, and only 1 completed page to show for it. Now I'm at a point in my life where I'll have some more free time (yea, right "free" time lol) and want to really get some books done. This weekend I'm attending a National Scrapbook Day event that will be 12 hours of scrapbooking at a local hotel! I am beyond excited to attend and I wanted to know if any of you have attended these type of events? How many pages do you think I can expect to get done?

I am a newbie and not the most creative person. I'm excited to see others and get ideas and inspiration. I'm going with 3 girlfriends, 2 of which are former CM consultants and have the most beautiful pages I have ever seen. I'm hoping they can show me the ropes. I'll post some pics when I return! Thanks for having me, I hope to be able to post more often!

PS- One question for you all: Where do you find time to scrapbook? (daily, monthly, parties, events?) Thanks!
April 8th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome. My "free" time comes in spurts. An hour here or there. Most of mine gets done during the monthly crops here though.
April 8th, 2008, 03:52 PM
jbc0827
Hi Jenn! I am so glad Grace and I could lure you to the dark side. LOL I find my free time here and there. I am thinking about going with Grace and giving up sleeping!
April 8th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad to meet you! I am Jerusha, mommy to Aiden and Micah. I have only been scrapping for a year and a half so I am pretty new as well. I know you will LOVE scrapping for 12 hours, I am doing it too on Saturday and I can't wait! Should be a ton of fun! I usually find time to scrap after the kids are asleep if my husband is working in the evenings.

April 8th, 2008, 04:29 PM
JMAC
Jill- Sleep is over rated, you know that!

Hi everyone! Wow, in looking at your work I know I will get tons of inspiration here!
April 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM
SamSoon2beMomOf3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi im Sajma mom to denis & nadia . i`ve been scrapbooking for almost 4 yrs now & i scrapbook mostly at night and weekends thats when i get a chance im going to be starting Nadia album soon i hope. Denis is from newborn till 3 yrs old.

& yes you`ll find lots of ideas by looking at eachof our work.

April 8th, 2008, 05:35 PM
SweetOrchid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Glad you're out of lurkdom as most girls here would say
April 8th, 2008, 06:55 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome Jenn!!! Glad to have you. The 12 hour crops are so much fun! What I generally do is pre-plan my pages in advance. Now I am a talking which limits what I get done. But I still have a ton of fun. I think the most I have ever gotten done is 8 pages at a 12 hour. If there are vendors there, then bring some extra pics in case you get to the end of your pile of work to be done. Then you can buy a few things there.

Anything that you always find yourself grabing for bring too. But the embellishments you use on your pages, just limit those to what oages you plan to do.

I think up in the helpful links area there is a link to a place where you can get sketches. I always bring these with me on crops in case of brain creativty freeze.

As far as time to scrapbook. Well that is where I am suffering majoroly right now. I just cannot find the time to scrap.

Thanks for joining in on the fun...and just to let you know we are having a cyber crop the weekend of the 11th and 12th. Basically we'll have a couple sketches and then some challenges, like use certain colors, ribbon...ect. It is really fun, and if you can't make it, then it is a great chance to save those challenges to do later when you do have time.

We have ladies that are beginners to more advance, so you are certain to fit right on in. And learn new techniques. You'll find "your style" over time, and be more comfortable with your creativity, it just takes a little time to grow to that point.

Again welcome!!!!

The blinky is clickable!!
April 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Jenn!!!

I'm Michelle mom to 8 boys and 3 girls. My stuff is on a small table in the living room where everybody hangs out so I can scrapbook all the time. I've been scrapbooking for 8 years.

Hope you have a productive 12 hours, oh you are so lucky lol.

April 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hiya Jenn. So happy to see you on here. I guess Jill and I cast our nets well. LOL. The 12 hour SB session sounds really exciting. You're so lucky. Now you've come out of lurk mode, I expect to see your work on here often, OK?

Oh and you're right. Sleep is overated. How do you think I get all my scrapbooking done. I may be a zombie during the day, but hey, I have some nice pages to show for it.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

April 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jenn and welcome to our board! I'm pretty new here myself and have found lots of inspiration and motivation from these girls already! Scrapping for 12 hours sounds like a dream! I have been trying to scrap a little every day during my son's nap... sometimes that may mean planning a page, or picking out paper, or making a sketch... that doesn't mean I'm actually sitting down putting things on a page, but I try to be productive in some way scrapbooking-wise every day.

April 9th, 2008, 04:39 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome! I'm Michelle, mommy to David and Hailey. I get together locally with a group of ladies once a month to scrap. I also attend to 12 hour crops a year. I don't get a lot of free time and what little I do get, I'm usually too tired to do anything other than get on the computer and catch up on JM and other sites. I do manage to squeeze in a few hours throughout the month, usually late at night after the kids go to bed or on a weekend.

April 9th, 2008, 08:55 AM
JMAC
Wow, thanks for all the welcomes and ideas! Now I know if a mom of 8 can find time to scrap, I definitely can LOL. I love the idea of having a spot in the house where people all just hang out and I can scrap while we sit there. However, I have a 2 year old and a new puppy, so I think it might be a couple years until that happens!

Grace- You are a machine, woman! I am in awe of you daily, seriously.

I am so excited for Saturday. DH asked me last night if I was staying the entire time and I said "Uh yea!" LOL, I think he is scared ofbeing home alone with new puppy and Lindsay all day.

So, I'm packing my scrap bag Friday night and I will use the suggestions of pre-planning pages. I have had some ideas in my head for a year now, oops make that 2 years haha. So hopefully I will be super productive. Also, I think with my schedule (work, school, home stuff) I would be better off holding like a scrap session once a month where people can come over, (or just me) and work on projects. I'll chat with my friends and see what they think. Do you ladies do things like that?

April 9th, 2008, 09:21 AM
michaelswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!! I am Jaime, mom to Tatyahna (21 months) and AaLiyah (12 days)! I cant wait to see your pages and get to know you better!! I usually scrapbook during naptime or after everyone is in bed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search