Don't know if I like that

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2008, 11:26 AM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
So I finally used my Xyron sticker maker for a flower that I made. When you pull the tape to get the sticker out there is about 1/2" of tape that is wasted. I haven't checked how much the refills are but that seems like money in the trash

Anyone else have one??

April 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM
~.Sally.~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No I have not got one but it does seem like a waste.
April 18th, 2008, 06:13 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I don't have one either but that does seem like a waste. I have thought about about buying one but now I think I won't.
April 18th, 2008, 07:33 PM
lizard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't like that it does that either. One thing that I have done is wait until I have several things to make into stickers and then put them in one after another (put the next one in when you can no longer see the top of the first one). That way I don't waste as much. I also don't use it THAT much. I do prefer to use it when I have smaller or thinner letters that are a pain to use other adhesive on...I find it really useful then. However, when I have larger embellishments, I use other adhesive.

10/31/05 (EDD 5/15/06), 4/17/06 (EDD 11/13/06)
Chemical p/g 1/11/08

April 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Quote:
I don't like that it does that either. One thing that I have done is wait until I have several things to make into stickers and then put them in one after another (put the next one in when you can no longer see the top of the first one). That way I don't waste as much. I also don't use it THAT much. I do prefer to use it when I have smaller or thinner letters that are a pain to use other adhesive on...I find it really useful then. However, when I have larger embellishments, I use other adhesive.[/b]
Since it was the first time I used I hadn't a clue, that is a very good idea!! I plan on using it for sure on skinny letters

April 18th, 2008, 09:15 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the baby one...and I only used it at the last 12 hour crop I was at. The gal sitting next to me is a huge thrifty scrapper, and she was trying to see if you could reuse that left over because she thought of it as a waste too. And I mean she tried everything.

The blinky is clickable!!
April 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That does seem like a waste. I'm still going to have a look at it though. It sounds like it would make life a lot easier when it comes to skinny letters.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

April 19th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've noticed the same thing with my 250 - and the refills are expensive. I ended up buying a 150 (the small one) to use for ribbon since I use my sticker maker a lot for ribbons, and the refill for the 150 is more reasonable.

I also wait until I have several things to run though the sticker maker and then I'll use the Michaels/Joann coupons to buy the refills.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
April 20th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Quote:
I've noticed the same thing with my 250 - and the refills are expensive. I ended up buying a 150 (the small one) to use for ribbon since I use my sticker maker a lot for ribbons, and the refill for the 150 is more reasonable.

I also wait until I have several things to run though the sticker maker and then I'll use the Michaels/Joann coupons to buy the refills.[/b]
I have the 150 to!

I had two 50% off coupons and made Kimber use one for a refill(I didn't want to waste a 50% coupon again!!)It was 5.99 reg. price at JoAnn's.

April 20th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Chatterbox's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never used one, are they great other than that waste? It sounds like the ladies have some good suggestions. I would be a little aggravated too at it wasting that much.

April 20th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you get any sticky residue on the top of what you are putting adhesive on? I had that problem when I used my 500 last. I don't use it very often either, but it is great for the thin letters and things.
April 21st, 2008, 11:02 AM
3girlz4me's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i love mine LOL i have the small x shaped one and the 500.
the refills are only 3.99 for the small and 9.99 for the big one. it wastes a littel , but for teh convience i am willing to waste a small amount
lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search