October Chat

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2010, 08:12 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Looks like the scrappy bug has been biting everyone but me!

I've been MIA soooo much lately, but it's been a mess here between sick kids, house guests all but one weekend for the last 5 weeks, we found a stray dog, and everything else. DH's schedule still stinks, so it's just me juggling the girls. This morning Kate broke out in hives from head to toe for no apparent reason. Carrie starts elem school (at 3 years old) in 2 weeks... ONE of us is SOOO not ready for that!!

I have some great new pictures from the last few weeks though that I CAN'T WAIT to scrap!! Also things should be slowing down a bit, so I'm really looking forward to getting most (I'm shooting for ALL) of the LOAD pages done to get my mojo back.

"Disability is not a brave struggle or Ďcourage in the face of adversity.í Disability is an art. Itís an ingenious way to live."
October 11th, 2010, 09:50 PM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have pie.... yummy!

October 11th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
lol Emily, we had pumpkin cheesecake yesterday and wow was it good

Alycia, i hear you on the house guests, thankfully mine left Friday but i was in a scrappy mood the whole time they were here and couldn't do any. Sorry your DH's schedule still stinks and poor Kate, i hope she is doing ok now. I wouldn't be ready for Tristan starting elementary school at 3, what a brave mama you are, Carrie will do wonderful. is a pre-school type program?

we have been busy since the end of september. The boys baptism went really well, Tristan did great and so did Holden, he was so concerned about the little baby beside her, and kept trying to twist around and see her, very cute. We had some friends and their kids over for thanksgiving supper last night and it went quite well.

i am really excited to get our family pictures back, we got a great deal for outdoor family shots and had prefect weather from it and there are a few poses i can't wait to see. Looking forward to the mini LOAD challenge that starts tomorrow

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

October 12th, 2010, 04:42 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like we have all been busy.

Alycia, I hope Carrie enjoys school! It was hard for me to send Xavier to full-day preschool, but he has really blossomed since starting.

Mmmm, pie, yum.

Tamara, can't wait to see some layouts from you. Hope things calm down for you!!

I have been battling a sinus infection. I hope it goes away soon. I am so tired of the constant pounding in my head. Xavier came home early from school yesterday because he had a constant cough. Poor guy.

Last edited by mandalyn; October 12th, 2010 at 04:45 AM.
October 12th, 2010, 05:28 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
It's been busy couple of weeks for us as well, but it's starting to slow down now. I'm really looking forward to LOAD!
October 12th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to see you back, Alycia! I was wondering where you went but knew you must be busy - sounds like a lot going on but Iím glad things are hopefully calming down for a little bit Do you know how much longer your DH will be on that schedule?

Emily - Pie is yummy What kind?

Tamara - Glad the baptisim and Thanksgiving went well! Hope you had a good time with all your family visiting but yay for being able to scrap again!

Amanda - sorry to hear about the sinus infection. Everyone in my house has been sick for the past 2 weeks, I have a feeling its going to be a snotty winter!

Iím beat - Parker has been a major fussy butt recently. I think he must be teething but ugh, I feel bad for the little guy but at the same time I just want my happy baby back. Probably doesnít help that he has had a snotty nose since shortly after we got back - his 9mo check up is coming up soon so Iíll bring it up then.

Speaking of which I need to make his 9 and take his photo and foot prints today, Iím a day late!

Big things are done around here for the time being but the days are still so, so busy. Tonight we have dinner with my inlaws which will be nice but at the same time there is so much I wanted to get done today that Iím not sure Iíll have time to do. Hoping I can get some scrapping in as itís the first LOAD. Yesterday I bought a new organizer cart full of drawers (found it at Samís for $29! And it has lots of big drawers) so I want to start working on re-organizing my scrap space, too. I also bough a bunch of stuff to make ghosts for outside that Iím hoping to get to today. Once Parker goes down for his nap I think Iíll head downstairs to work on at least my LOAD layout. We still have house ďguestsĒ - they were supposed to leave the 1st but that didnít happen though they should be leaving soon. They are invading my scrap space! I have so much to do for the holidays and Iíve been feeling crafty/scrappy so theyíll have to deal!

Caden is doing well - he has become such a happy/funny little guy. There are times I canít believe how big he has grown and I miss my little baby that he was, but I love the little boy he has grown into and how fun and sweet he is.

Saturday weíre going to the pumpkin patch!! I canít wait to take Parker for the 1st time and hoping he is in a better mood for it. Then Saturday night is the judging for the city wide Halloween decorating contest so I think weíre going to print out the maps and check out all the decorations. Iíve been walking 4-5 miles a night trying to lose weight and there is a house about a mile away that went all out. They had everything set up 2 nights ago when I walked by (most down last night, I assume until judging) and it scared me - did not like walking past that house!!! Some of the houses have live actors so I was sure something was going to grab me lol.

Parker has been jumping happily in his jumperoo while I write this so lets hope that means he is feeling better.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
October 12th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Hope Parker feels better! The pumpkin patch sounds fun, we're planning to go soon, won't be this weekend though as we're hoping to get to the zoo, if the weather cooperates.
October 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASailorsWife View Post
I have pie.... yummy!
YUM PIE!!

Carrie - Chris' schedule will be this way til Christmas, and after that we move to NC, we expect a deployment shortly after we get there, so I'm trying to wrap my head aroudn this schedule as a permanent thing (at least for a year or two). yay for reorganizing!! I've been on a look out for something with the bigger drawers, I'll have to check Sam's out! We went to a pumpkin patch on Saturday. I hope your little guys enjoy the one you're headed to! Our patch actually stunk, but the rest of the place had a petting zoo and lots of other stuff that the girls really enjoyed! I hope the teething get easier for Parker, Kate only gets fussy a day or two before each tooth pops through... but she makes up for fairly easy teething by the fact thatshe STILL doesn't sleep through the night

Tamara - I'm not brave at all. She has to start school because of her special needs status. We will lose her physical therapy if she doesn't. I personally am not ready at all to let her go, but it's only for 2.5 hours a day so I'm trying my best to cope. She'll be with other SN kids, most of them are more severe cases than she is, but there is a circle time everyday which she absolutely LOVES! Congrats on the baptism! That reminds me that I need to start looking into scheduling Kate's. Can't wait to see the family pics!!

Amanda - I hope you and Xavier feel better soon!

Just as things are supposed to start slowing down... Kate'd rash got worse and we had to take her to the doc. turns out she's got roseola (a rash in the measles family, but not as severe) and a double ear infection.... yippee!!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or Ďcourage in the face of adversity.í Disability is an art. Itís an ingenious way to live."
October 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Alycia - So glad to see you back!! I was wondering what had happened to you! So sorry for little Kate. I hope she gets to feeling better really soon!! I hope Carrie enjoys school! Sorry your DH's schedule still stinks too.

Emily - LOL!!

Tamara - Glad the baptism went well and that your pictures went well as well! Reminds me that I need to work on getting ours scheduled.

Amanda - I hope you and Xavier start feeling better soon!

Chantelle - I hope the weather cooperates for you so that you can go to the zoo! I can't wait to take Josh to the zoo...maybe next summer.

Carrie - I hope teething doesn't turn Parker into too much of a fussy butt! Josh has already got a tooth getting ready to come through...I can feel it through his gums. Glad Caden is doing well!! Hope you have fun at the Pumpkin Patch!!

Josh had his 4 month dr appointment today. I really can't believe that he is already 4 months old!! He is definitely a growing boy!! He weighed 16 pounds 11 ounces and was 26 inches long. I really need to go clothes shopping for him as he has outgrown his 3-6 month clothes - I really thought he would stay in that size a little longer. Started giving him some solids today too....rice cereal.

Totally forgot today was the first day of LOAD. Will have to get the kids down for a nap so I can get a page done!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

October 12th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Just finished my LOAD layout
October 15th, 2010, 06:07 PM
I'm having a GREAT time with the LOAD challenges!!! I have managed to get all of them done the day of the challenge.....it's been tough but got them done. Sunday will be a challenge. May not get that one done the day it is posted as we are having Kendra's birthday party that day. It's going to be a long day so we will see if I have enough time....or energy for that matter....to get it done. Anyway, can't wait to see what tomorrows challenge is!!

I'm NOT having a great time with Kodak Gallery however!!! Faster uploads my big toe!!! I had faster uploads when I was using the original software that came with my camera and their old site. Now it takes me 30 minutes just to log in (I keep getting "There was a problem with the server. Please try again." messages.) And it seriously just took 3 hours to upload 5 pictures! I seriously think the site has gotten worse since the last time I uploaded pictures. I love the quality of their pictures but may have to sacrifice that and use a different site. Oh....and you can't open another internet tab to do other internet stuff while you are on Kodak Gallery because it bogs down the internet and won't let your pages open properly! UGH!!! Okay....sorry about that.....just had to vent.

Other news: We are going full speed on corn harvest right now. Jason hasn't been home much to help with the kids. Kendra has the sniffles and they are keeping her from sleeping well at night. Team that with her not taking a nap and it makes for one very fussy girl who doesn't like to listen to Mommy. Spent all day yesterday cleaning and don't feel like doing any cleaning today even though I have a ton of stuff that needs done. I really hate when that happens. I suppose I should get off of here and at least try to get my dishes done.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

October 15th, 2010, 07:40 PM
That sucks about Kodak Gallery. I was just thinking about trying them out cause I've had some problems with snapfish editing photos of mine that don't need editing.

I'm loving LOAD too! I might struggle to get tomorrow's done. not just cause I have no way to cut a star, but also we're going to a friends pumpkin patch for most of the day and my house very desperately needs to be cleaned. Scrapping will probably win though!

October 18th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Kelsey, sorry the Kodak gallery is giving you problems. Hope Kendra feels better soon!

I've managed to get all of the LOAD layouts done so far, and I'm loving it!
October 18th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I am having a blast with LOAD it is making me want to scrapbook and not just because i'm supposed to, i really really want to, i have been lacking the ambition lately and this is just the kick in the butt i needed. Thank you Jen for doing this for us. I got my MIL's cold now too and that is making me feel pretty horrible, DH has been great and has let me sleep in until 8:30 -9 and 10 on the weekends, but Ryland is back to school tomorrow so back to the 6:30 wake up.

Kelsey, Kodak Gallery has gone way down hill, they pretty much suck now, i haven't had my photo's printed in a year and that is mainly because i'm scared to try there again, i am going to order some from costco this week. they are the same price. Sorry Kendra had a cold and was being difficult for you.

October 18th, 2010, 09:25 PM
well LOAD did teach me that I get substantially more scrapping done on the weekdays than the weekend. Today of course I didn't, but we had Carrie's birthday party and it was an all day thing She had a great time.

Funny moment of the day

At Carrie's b-day party... Kylee (a good friend of hers) is minding her own business and Carrie decides that even though she has her own piece of cake, she wants Kylee's. She steals Kylee's fork first (insult to injury there) and stabs it into the cake, effectively stealing the whole piece in one move... then proceeds to eat it as one large piece... my kid is definately 3

We all (excluding Kylee, but including her mama were absolutely dying laughing!)

Today was her party, but tomorrow her actual birthday. My little baby is going to be 3 YEARS OLD!! Where does the time go?

October 18th, 2010, 10:24 PM
OMG Alycia that is hilarious, so glad you took pictures. Poor Kylee though, she looks devastated.

October 19th, 2010, 05:30 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love, love those cake stealing pics!! Can't wait to see the page you create from that.

Sorry Kodak Gallery is being such a pain, Kelsey!! I haven't uploaded to there in ages. I'm going to need to though because I haven't printed any pics since the beginning of August. Maybe just keep with Costco. I keep waiting for a .09 coupon, but I haven't seen one in a while. Sounds like Josh is doing well!

Most of us are feeling better, but now Trevor is sick with a cold. I swear, my kids keep passing the same cold back and forth between them. Ugh. I guess better to get it over with now rather then later.

October 19th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Alycia - Those are some great cake stealing pics!! They will make a great page!!

Tamara - I hope you get feeling better soon!

Amanda - I hope your kids get feeling better and that you don't pick up the bug from them.

Kendra is still sick and I am starting to get a little sniffley now too. I am hoping that it is just all the weather changes and the dust in the air from corn harvest that is making me sniffle and that I don't actually end up sick. We had Kendra's birthday party with the family on Sunday so I missed a day of LOAD but I still did a layout and posted it (challenge #6) and I definitely think it is one of my favorites. I need to go back and fix a typo on my journaling, but that won't be too bad as I printed it off my computer. I need to try and tidy up my scrappy room.....it is a mess!! My table got cluttered so I just moved to the floor. Now all my scrappy stuff has taken over the whole floor. We will see if I get to it today or not as I need to wash dishes and clean the main part of the house first. So I guess I better get off of here and get to work.

October 20th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls! Glad to see everyone getting so much accomplished with the LOAD challenges! I still plan to work on them but haven't been able to keep up as I've been really, really sick. Its terrible! Today I am feeling a million times better than the past few days but I still feel nasty. I also have some other fun issues I'm dealing with so in between feeling like hell I've been at my dr. Fun fun. Anyway, just wanted to drop in for a min - hopefully I'll get over this and be able to scrap soon!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
October 22nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
Carrie - Hope you get feeling better soon!!

I got a lot farther behind on LOAD than I wanted to. DH and I got into a fight on Tuesday and it just deflated me. I lost all my scrapping motivation that I had gained by participating in LOAD up to that point. Spent Wednesday and Thursday working hard on cleaning house (fight was about how he works so hard and how I have it so easy sitting up at the house taking care of the kids - little does he know that taking care of the kids is a job!). Anyway, after all that I got done yesterday I think I deserve to do some scrapping! Got challenge #11 done and have challenge #8 ready to assemble. That still leaves Challenges #9 and 10 for me to catch up on though. Hopefully I can get 2 done each day the next 2 days and get caught up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search