November Scrap and Post Challenge Starts today!!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For the month of November, starting today and running until the 30th, were going to have a scrapping and post challenge! The winner will be decided by whoever has the most points as of 11:59pm on November 30th. There will be a prize for this challenge that Ive been collecting for here and I plan to add more to during the challenge

There will be 2 ways for you to earn points - posting and scrapping! Point values are outlined below. There will be a scoreboard posted to keep track of points but were asking that you keep track of your points as well. Tamara and I will do our best but were bound to miss something so if we do, just send us a PM so you are sure to get all of your points. Ill post on the scoreboard when the point values have been updated. Tamara and I will be playing along and tracking our scrapping points, too, but wont be in the running for the prize.

Each post can only earn points for one time, either scrapping or the post, we'll assign the highest value to your post (ex: If you make a post in the nov pages with your layouts posted, you'll get points for the layouts but not the actual post. If you post in that thread leaving comments but posting no layouts, you'll get points for the post. Same goes with posting a new topic - you'll get the 3 topic points for the initial post only, but any additional posts in that thread will earn you posting points).

Here is how you can earn points:

Posting
  • 1 point per post/reply
  • 3 points per new topic started

Scrapping
  • 3 Points per layout/card/project completed in November and posted in the November Pages thread
  • 5 Points for completing the weekly challenge
  • 4 Points for completing one of the techniques posted in the technique and inspiration forum, or for posting a new technique
  • 1 point for finishing each crop challenge
  • 25 points for finishing all Novembers crop challenges

Have fun!!!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
November 2nd, 2010, 06:11 AM
sunny's Avatar It's all in the Hips!
ooh super fun and just what I need!
November 6th, 2010, 09:57 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
I've got a couple questions:

1- Do we get points for the weekly challenge AND again for posting it in the Nov thread, even though it's the same LO? (Same question for the crop challenges)

2- Can we do more than one of the techniques? And should we post it in the Nov thread with a note that it was one of the techniques or post as a reply to the technique thread or what?

3- Do I overthink things?

Thanks! So far this is lots of fun!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 6th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I was also wondering whether all 30 (so far) of my Christmas cards count as one project. lol

November 6th, 2010, 10:08 PM
1. No - you can only earn points on posts/layouts once - the weekly challenge layouts should be posted in the weekly challenge thread and will get more points there. Nov. Pages is for all the pages/cards/projects you complete on your own (or past challenges and the like that you want to post currently). Crop challenges for the nov. crop should be posted in their respective thread. If youre looking to complete old crop challenges Id post them in the Nov thread so you can earn the points on them, though you can post them in the challenge thread, too.

2. You can complete as many techniques as youd like!!! Those should be posted in the respective technique thread since they will get more points there. You can also earn points by posting a new technique.

3. Nope!

November 6th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
I was also wondering whether all 30 (so far) of my Christmas cards count as one project. lol
This is a tough one! Are they all the same design?

I guess we'll have to go by the photos as I never thought of this - if they are all different requiring different photos posted, then you'll get points for each posted photo but if its all one design and only 1 photo is posted, then points will be given for just the one pic.

But, you get my respect for making 30 of them regardless!!! I have yet to tackle making our christmas cards.

November 6th, 2010, 10:17 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Thanks! There's a couple techniques I wanna try!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 18th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Bumping this up for new members!!!

Also remember you can earn points by posting previously complteted cards in the card gallery (2 pts per card) and sketches in the sketch subforum (1 pt per sketch). And of course chances for bonus points along the way!

November 18th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
This looks fun... I am so behind in scrapping this might get me going.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search