Gypsy

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2010, 08:16 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When this first came out I absolutely no interest in it, and never checked into it any further though I have thought that it would be nice to have instead of having to drag my laptop downstairs. I noticed in the $200 thread though a lot of you have it listed as a want - so sell me on it! Why do you want it?
(trying to see if there is something I missed )

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
November 4th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Captain Pieffle
I'm glad you are posted this because I don't even really know what it does....lol But I'm interested to see how come so many people feel they "need" it...LOL

Thanks to leecat for making my Awesome siggy!
November 4th, 2010, 12:23 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still don't really know what it does either! Maybe everyone can sell me on it too!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

November 4th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just think it's so cool and very portable. I haven't used it myself yet, but this is what I like about it as far as what I think it'll do. You can load lots of carts in it (software looks like, not the actual carts like a jukebox) and then you can design things with it using all the carts and then when you're back home with the cricut plug it in and cut out your designs. It would be very cool for me during my lunch break or wherever when I get inspired and then when I get home that part of the scrapping can go faster since I'll have the embellies, titles, etc. already done.

Here's a cool link for it with more info and better descriptions then what I can come up with.

Gypsy? Product Details

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
I've seen everyone post about it too and didn't know what it was! So now I'm looking into it. Is there also something for Cricut like that that isn't portable? Because I move my laptop around anyway.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Watched the video.... want it. lol. I would be sitting in bed designing.. hehehe

Follow Me!

November 4th, 2010, 07:12 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Haha, yeah, pretty much what Becky said I just think it would be nice to be able to work on scrapbooking anywhere! Although I'm sure SO would be annoyed
November 5th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Oh yeah, I'm sure DH wouldn't be that happy if I sit up in bed, but then again at least I'd be going to bed with him. When I get to scrapping, he complains at times when I stay up late and finish pages.

November 6th, 2010, 08:25 PM
hmm I see they've come down in price a lot, too - I might have to keep an eye out for good deals and send DH out on black friday for my christmas gift, hehe (I stay home and send DH to do my black friday bidding instead )

November 6th, 2010, 08:53 PM
ToonTownGirl's Avatar Super Mommy
I just got my expression last week, so I have no interest in the Gypsy... I think that if I were doing this for a living, then something like that I could justify (DF bought me the expression, I didn't buy it, I was like it's wayyyyyy too much money).

Thank you
*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!

1st Miscarriage - not planned - June 29, 2010

Saskatoon Scrappin'
- visit my blog!

November 6th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie429 View Post
hmm I see they've come down in price a lot, too - I might have to keep an eye out for good deals and send DH out on black friday for my christmas gift, hehe (I stay home and send DH to do my black friday bidding instead )
How do you get him to do that?! I couldn't see my hubby doing that! But I don't mind it much so I guess it works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonTownGirl View Post
I just got my expression last week, so I have no interest in the Gypsy... I think that if I were doing this for a living, then something like that I could justify (DF bought me the expression, I didn't buy it, I was like it's wayyyyyy too much money).
I wish I could make a living scrapbooking!!
haha... I kinda do... I don't work, and DH gives me his paycheck.. Course, scrapping isn't all I do..

Follow Me!

November 7th, 2010, 05:59 AM
You're lucky Carrie, my DH would just give me "the look" if I suggested he go shopping on Black Friday.

November 7th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Janessa you can use the cricut design studio on the computer and it can do the same things, i want the gypsy because i refuse to hook up the design studio to my expression, my little bug never worked right after i hooked it up to the studio, i want the gypsy so i can weld letters together and make my own words

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

November 8th, 2010, 05:07 AM
I thought about the design studio, but had heard there were so often "issues" after hooking it up. I don't want to mess up my little bug.

November 8th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I never had issues after hooking up DS, though mine did eventually start acting weird and not powering up right and such so I bought the expression. Once I bought the E, my baby bug started working perfectly again so now my mom has it (but doesn't use it lol - I was afraid to sell it though due to the problems I was having).

I have DS but I've never hooked it up to my E.... actually... I have for a christmas gift last year. Never any issues since but its a pita to drag my laptop downstairs so I never use it.

Can you search carts on the gypsy like you can with DS? I suppose I could just look this up myself but I'm lazy

November 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
I'm not sure if you can search carts. I've only looked at the gypsy longingly, as I know I can't justify buying it right now. Hopefully one of our ladies here will get it soon and can provide more details.

November 9th, 2010, 03:57 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When it first came out, there was no way I would spend the money. Now that it's come down in price, it's more appealing. Right now you can get the entire bundle for 189, plus 10% off and free shipping at OMC. So tempting!!

November 9th, 2010, 05:21 AM
that is such a good price. I'm trying to be good right now though.

November 9th, 2010, 04:45 PM
If you buy and register a gypsy by December 31st, you get 5 free cart downloads, plus the two carts that come on the gypsy...

Gypsy? Special Offers

They aren't my fav carts and I already have tags bags boxes and more, but still nice! You are also able to search carts by key word.

I think I've been sold... Design studio is a pain to use and I hate dragging my laptop downstairs anyway. I've suggested this as a gift to DH

November 9th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Captain Pieffle
I just bought my cricut this year if I was to suggest to dh that I needed this gypsy as well I think he'd hang me up by my toes! LOL

Thanks to leecat for making my Awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search