Holiday Secret Santa Gift Exchange!!!

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Gift exchange spending limit
$10 + Shipping 2 25.00%
$15 + Shipping 6 75.00%
$20 + Shipping 2 25.00%
not interested 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We posted about this earlier in the year and there was a lot of interest and Tamara and I think it could be a lot of fun, so lets give it a go!
(poll is multiple choice!)

How it works

Everyone will sign up and be assigned a buddy - remember this is secret! Upon signing up I値l PM each participate a questionnaire to fill out and send back to me - this will include questions such as your scrappy likes and dislikes, any die cutters and such you might have, projects you are or will be working on, etc.
Once sign ups are closed I値l assign everyone their buddy and you値l receive a PM with your buddy痴 name, address, and questionnaire so you have some hints for your shopping.

From then on is the fun part - shop for your buddy (spending amt determined by this poll), package it all up, and ship it out by the deadline (all dates are posted below). Upon shipping your gift you値l be required to send me an order number if shipping from an online site, or Delivery Confirmation number (or equivalent) if shipping yourself.

The shipping deadline is just that, a deadline - the last possible day to ship your gift. Earlier the better! If there is any reason you池e not going to be able to send your gift by that day, you値l need to let Tamara or I know ASAP. If you have concerns about shipping times, ship earlier to make sure your gift makes it to your buddy by opening day.

Once you receive your gift in the mail sorry, but you値l have to wait!! Torture, I know, but no peeking either! On the same day (December 23rd) we値l all open our gifts together and have a little virtual gift opening 菟arty.

Who
This is open to our regular posters - I don稚 want to put a post limit or rules on this, we have a pretty regular group of girls posting here and participating so you know who you are. If you池e posting a lot, been around, racking up the points, guest hosting, participated in previous swaps/exchanges, etc. you池e good to go! If you have any doubts then PM me or Tamara.

Your buddy will be assigned at random, though depending on who and how many sign up I値l try to keep people matched with people in the same country. I知 sure we won稚 have a perfect number so the questionnaire mentioned above will include a question as to if you池e willing to ship internationally. Tamara and I will be providing a list of online retailers in the US and in Canada and their shipping rates to get started so that if you do have an international buddy you can just order from a site in her country and avoid the expense of shipping internationally.

The Dates
These aren稚 written in stone, if something doesn稚 work or you have a suggestion I didn稚 think of, feel free to share!
  • November 12th - Last day for sign ups!
  • November 15th - Have your questionaire completed and PMed to me by this date as I値l be assigning buddies
  • December 13th - SHIPPING DEADLINE! You must have your gift shipped by now! Remember, earlier the better. We won稚 be opening gifts until everyone has received theirs
  • December 23rd - Gift opening
US Stores
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ret-santa.html

Canadian Stores
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ok-stores.html

If you池e interested in participating, consider this thread the sign up! Post that you池e signing up so I have names, and please vote on the price limit posted above.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart

Last edited by Carrie429; November 12th, 2010 at 10:40 AM.
November 8th, 2010, 03:19 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Count me in!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

November 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm in too! This will be fun, having to wait to open will be hard though.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 8th, 2010, 04:44 PM
ASailorsWife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me too!

November 9th, 2010, 03:38 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know I've been quiet lately, but after the LOAD, I'm all scrapped out!! Count me in.

November 9th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Glad you're joining in Amanda and hope to see you around! I can see why you've needed a break after LOAD though

I'm in! Tamara posted a link to Canadian online retailers and I have a list to post in a few, too - so I'll get those links added to the 1st post.

I'm hoping a few more ladies join in!

November 9th, 2010, 10:17 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Ahhhh! I would LOVE to do this. But I don't know if I can. Just because we're gonna be moving and money is so tight with that, and I'm not sure I'd get it shipped in time, and we haven't even started Christmas shopping for family yet. I think DH would kill me if I did this! But I might change my mind in the next couple days. Because I love love love this idea. But for now, cound me out.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 11th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Bumping this up - one more day to sign up! I'll get the questions out on Saturday and assign buddies on Monday

November 12th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay, can't wait! This will be alot of fun, I love shopping for others way more then shopping for me.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 12th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Last day to sign up if anyone still wants to join in!

November 12th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm in, sorry thought i had posted in this thread already

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search