Organization

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's talk about organization, and share some tips for organizing our scrap area/supplies.

I need help with my ribbon storage, it's a mess right now. (you can see in Janessa's post about showing our ribbon stash)

My best organizing thing is the peg board. I have all my decorative edge scissors hanging, my hole punches, my stickers, some baskets, etc. It's great that I can see it all at a glance and find what I'm looking for quickly. For my cricut carts right now, I grabbed some of those locker shelves from walmart when they were on sale for school, and stacked them up. The carts fit good on them and they stack on top of each other too. In my small space, going vertical is the only way I can go.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
November 16th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Mine is terrible, I need to take a picture. I don't actually have a whole *lot* so I guess it's okay. But it's all just thrown into a ziploc bag all together. lol

November 16th, 2010, 10:45 AM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Mine isn't very organized! The onlt tip I have is using perscription bottles for random little things. I've got buttons in one (I have a very small collection) and corners in another.

I love the peg board idea. I saw that online a few months ago and really want to do it! Does peg board do any major damage to the wall? I'm hoping that if we move, I'll be able to set it up like that and get more organized in general.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 16th, 2010, 11:02 AM
The peg board shouldn't damage your wall. Mine is on a concrete wall (I'm a basement dweller ). For a regular wall, you'll want to put some spacers in so you're not flush against the wall (or you can't put the pegs in) and find the studs for extra support. I got my peg board at Home Depot. You can buy unfinished and paint whatever color you want. I went with a white for me. I got the pegs & baskets and things also from Home Depot - in the tool section for organizing.

November 16th, 2010, 11:28 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My stuff isn't very organized either! I am planning on buying a whole bunch of clear storage containers at walmart to store punches, buttons, brads, eyelets, flowers, etc in. I am also going to buy a couple 3 ring binders to keep all the crop challenges I have printed off in, my card tutorials in another, stamp sets (for quick reference) in another, and techniques in yet another. Ribbon and fibers are my biggest challenge too. I was thinking of trying some ribbon cards and storing them in the same clear containers as everything else.

Ribbon cards: CropperHopper.com is your destination for all your scrapbooks needs and accessories. From embellishments to paper holders to storage containers. (this is the 1 3/4 by 3 - there is also a 3 by 3 and clips to hold the ribbon in place)

For my cricut carts I really liked Alycia's idea of using a VHS/DVD shelf.

And stamps sets - my mom told me that you can turn your wood block stamps into acrylic cling stamps and store them in the DVD type cases that SU sells (2 dvd cases = the depth of 1 block stamp case). It is a lot of work, but if one is short on space it might be worth it. As of right now I am debating on doing it or not. It would be nice to just have them on a VHS/DVD shelf as well.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

November 17th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Those are great suggestions!! I'll have to check out some of those as possible solutions for some of my "messy" stuff.

November 17th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ended up separating my ribbon by color and storing it in small plastic storage bins and they are on a bookshelf under my cricut carts. Maybe today I'll run down and snap a few pics though I need to see how to get the pics off my camera since this computer doesn't have a card reader.

for the rest of my stuff I have shelves, a cropper hopper and then something similar to a cropper hopper I bought at Sam's but it is white with bigger drawers, I have 6 of the white cubes from michaeles, and then a wire storage shelf for cardstock. I need to tidy things up and I'm still always looking for better ways to organize!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
November 17th, 2010, 11:05 AM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
What's a cropper hopper?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

November 17th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is the cropper hopper cart I have, only it has the smaller drawers -
CropperHopper.com is your destination for all your scrapbooks needs and accessories. From embellishments to paper holders to storage containers.

You can get something very similar only the drawers aren't colorful at Sam's - I think I paid $25 or $26 for it and it has the large drawers that can fit 12x12

cropper hopper has a bunch of different storage solutions

Oh and Becky - how do you have the peg board hung on the concrete and what dept is it in?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
November 18th, 2010, 05:40 AM
I love that cart. I have a Costco membership, so will check there to see if they have it.

With my pegboard, we got it in the tool section of Home Depot or Lowes (can't remember which store). Used special bolts from the hardware section that are made to go into concrete. Then DH just installed it. He had to make sure he left wiggle room (not install flat against the wall) so I had room to insert the hooks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search