Has Spring Sprung?

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 07:51 PM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Has Spring sprung yet where you live? Do you find you do more scrapping in the spring/summer or in the fall/winter?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
March 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
C&K'sMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
In 2010 I scrapped WAY more in the spring and hoping to pick it back up!.

Spring has definitely sprung here but I'm using it mostly to clean my poor poor house that has gotten out of control!

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
March 21st, 2011, 08:58 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is a little bit of green grass starting to break through. Starting to get a couple warm days, but still some chilly ones.

In the past I have scrapped more in the spring/summer - I just get a lot more done in a day during those seasons. Maybe it is the longer days or the warmer weather, but I just feel better so I accomplish more!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 21st, 2011, 10:19 PM
I took the trash out tonight and saw the "official" sign that spring has spring. I have this parasitic bush that grows right next to my front door and it grows FAST. In a month last year it went from a chopped down gnarled stump to a tree 6 foot tall and 4 foot wide...

anyways yesterday it was "dead" (brown with no sign of life) today there are at least a dozen shoots coming out of it with green leaves. I hate that thing (and have tried everything to kill it)... one good thing about moving is getting away from that THING

"Disability is not a brave struggle or ‘courage in the face of adversity.’ Disability is an art. It’s an ingenious way to live."
March 21st, 2011, 11:35 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Spring sprang a couple weeks ago, but has since gone back into hiding.

I probably scrap more in the winter time, because we do more in the summer. We love to be out enjoying the nice Arizona weather!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

March 22nd, 2011, 06:49 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're slowing getting warmer here & staying warmer and the grass is starting to green up. Also have some flowers popping up & the trees are budding. Yay!!! I'm so ready for spring.

I do tend to scrap more in the spring/summer. Part of that is due to MIL being in Greece. She's a sweetie, but it's hard to scrap or do anything crafty with her here. Of course, just having Mark around to now, makes it hard to get much done too but I'm hoping that since he's more & more a dada's boy lately I'll get more free time, especially since he won't be attached to my boob like he was last year.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
March 22nd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tamaralynnb
it is slowly coming here, not much green the trees aren't sprouting or anything. we had snow yesterday, but it is warming up a little only -1 today

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

March 22nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralynnb View Post
it is slowly coming here, not much green the trees aren't sprouting or anything. we had snow yesterday, but it is warming up a little only -1 today
only?? That's crazy. I'd never leave the house again if temps were that low here. I'm such a wimp in the cold

March 22nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
Quote:
I am so glad that those negative numbers are gone from this area for the year!

March 22nd, 2011, 08:18 PM
oh Alycia, if there is no wind -10 seems warm

March 22nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
oh Alycia, if there is no wind -10 seems warm
wow! you have one strange definition of "warm"

March 23rd, 2011, 06:32 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
It's starting to warm up a bit here, and the snow is finally melting

I get more scrapping done in the winter and spring, since we're usually so busy in the summer and fall.
March 23rd, 2011, 07:35 AM
Carrie429's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Carrie429
Pretty sure thats a -1 Celcius, right Tamara (about 30F) still cold, but not too bad. Wouldn't quite make the cut for spring here but I can see it doing so there!

We had some BEAUTIFUL weather, one day made it to the 70s I think. But alas, March is such a tease and we've chilled since (38 right now and it looks like we'll stay in the 30s for the most part for the next few days). But things are starting to green up again and the trees are starting to bud. Its nice! I'm hoping we get a nice, long spring instead of going from heat to AC in a week like normal.

In the past I've scrapped more in the spring as well and I'm hoping this year is the same. In theory with being inside all winter you'd think I'd scrap more then, but nope. The boys have a new swing set and all sorts of new outside toys so I think we're going to be spending a lot more time outside this year though.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy! ~*~ Blog ~*~bfp Chart
March 23rd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie429 View Post
Pretty sure thats a -1 Celcius, right Tamara (about 30F) still cold, but not too bad.
yep.

it is forecasted to be a colder then normal spring this year, i hope the boys sports aren't rained out to much this year, missed over half the soccer games last year because of rain and some of the baseball was awfully cold

March 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I thought Tamara was talking Feirenheit as well. Ooops! LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search