Embelsihmnets

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By wefrogy
  • 1 Post By JanessaFaith
  • 1 Post By Happy Song
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK ladies I have tons of paper and very few embellishments. Can you show me pages where you used paper as an embellishment and how you did it. I have a little circle cutter....around somewhere and I know I can cut strips of paper so bring your A game. Bounce if its fast and easy.

June 16th, 2013, 06:02 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use to make all my embellishments. I use to go to crops where the people putting it on would let you use all their tools so I would stock up on making all sorts of things to use later. I had a cricut for a while, but sold it because I got out of scrapbooking for a while and wasn't using it. I still have a cuttlebug and xyron personal cutter. I just recently started getting back into scrapbooking, so I'm kinda starting over again.

I use stamps a lot and will cut out the stamped images out to use as embellishments. I also use brads, eyelets and ribbon as embellishments.

You can find paper piecing templates online, Scrapbook etc has some. You can print them and cut them out to make embellishments
Pupcake74 likes this.

June 16th, 2013, 07:33 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
I wish I felt like digging up links to all the flower tutorials that were posted here a few years ago! Let me see if I can find some pages where I used them....

Pinwheel:

I can't fine a tutorial for the kind that I made and I'm an awful explainer but I'll try! Start with a square of double sided paper and draw a line or fold diagonally both ways. Cut from each corner to the center of the paper. Poke a hole in the center of the paper then bend each corner to the center and poke a brad through all four corners and the center hole.

Lollipop Flower:

This one's easy.... Cut 3 or more circles of difference sizes. Papers should be close to the same color and can be lightly patterned. Wrinkle up each circle... I start by kinda folding them in half then in half again and just making them, well, wrinkly! Then take some ink and distress them. Place them on top of each other in size order and poke a brad through the center and ta-da!

Don't remember the name of this flower:

This ones pretty easy too. Cut 6 circles of the same size, one of them will be your base. Take the other 5 and kinda pinch an edge. Arrange the 5 petals on the base circle (you won't be able to see the base in the finished product. I use hot glue to adhere the petals. Glue a button (or whatever!) in the center and there ya go. You can ink the petals or use glitter glue or whatever to spice it up a little.

I bet some of the girls on here will be able to provide tutorials and better instructions but this is what I can offer!

I'm pretty sure that's all I've made of my own embellies other than using the cricut.
Pupcake74 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

June 16th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Janessa the pinwheel is too pretty and I would be afraid I would smash it. LOL

So brads would be good for me to get.

June 16th, 2013, 10:59 PM
JanessaFaith's Avatar Scrapaholic
Brads are great!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggie!!

Follow Me!

June 16th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Tiffany get a piece of binder paper a pen and a cup of coffee and go through the show me and uno topics and look at each page and see what was done with just paper.

This one has multi matted picture, a monogram from scraps and a turned down corner. I added a small square of scrap paper so I could turn down the corner.

If your computer savvy you can print stuff. I made these letters with a printer and corner rounder. FYI: you can get a free version of word.

This one is mostly paper, layered.

Crumpled hearts
Pupcake74 likes this.
June 16th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Nicole you always do a good job with layers.

I know there is stuff I can do with paper its just looking at it in pieces thats hard when its a picture online vs seeing in real life.

June 16th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Printing trick... print out what you want on white paper then cover it an use adhesive or tape to tape you scrap or tag or liable and run it through the printer again and you'll have an easy printed tag/scrap
June 17th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots of great tips here. I do a lot with paper embellishments and don't do many bumpy ones as I don't want them leaving indents on the other pages when albums are closed.

Here's a few of mine

title was cut from cricut, butterflies were a punch I had picked up. Used a marker for the butterfly trails and the paper ribbons under pic is scrap paper I cut ends to look like ribbon.

Stickers, strips of paper and marker to make butterfly trails again. #2 was a stencil I used to cut out the paper.

Triangles, banner, paper ribbons all cut from scraps. Added monkey felt sticker and stickers for quiet on banner.

Oops hit send post too soon, here's a few more.

paper strips, cut a sun and cloud from paper.

cut by hand the toothpaste & toothbrush. I typed up the journaling in 3 sizes with computer then printed on cardstock and cut out the toothpaste. rolled up edge to look like rolled up toothpaste.

scrap paper for strips. Kite was squares folded to make kite triangles and button for middle. I have a mini star punch that I punched all those stars to make the B and to make a star border on strip above pic. and then used markers for doodling - adding trail for kite, around clouds, etc.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!

Last edited by Sasix; June 17th, 2013 at 08:43 AM.
June 17th, 2013, 10:12 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lots of great ideas shared already!

You can also check out the Techniques and Tutorials subforum! There are links to threads there for different flowers, faux stitching, paper/ribbon pleating, scoring, pinwheels, etc there.

Paper piecing is also a great way to add embellishments to your page.

Stickers, buttons and brads are also quick embellishments.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search