Our scrappy table/desk/space

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since we have that fun thread of what is on our desk right now, it's got me wondering about our habits:

Do you clean up after you scrap each time?

Once a week clean up?

Put things/tools back where they go?

Or do you shove things around and just make yourself a clean spot to scrap the next time?

Any tips/suggestions to share on keeping our space organized?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 19th, 2013, 01:36 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go through spurts of making myself clean up after each scrappy period and other times of just clearing a spot big enough for me to work. Right now I am actually making myself clean up after each page/card I do so that the mess doesn't just accumulate.

My best tip is to start by organizing everything and making sure everything has a "home". That way it has somewhere to go when you are done using it and doesn't just end up lying around tempting you to leave other stuff out.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 19th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Since we have that fun thread of what is on our desk right now, it's got me wondering about our habits:

Do you clean up after you scrap each time? Yes, when I am done scrapping my desk is clean.

Once a week clean up? before scrapping I have to clean off the other stuff... But I get my pages set up and they are on a shelf, when I am done the used papers go on a shelf to be put away as does the finished page. Once I have finished all the pages set up then I put up the papers, and I'd put up pages if I had albums.

Put things/tools back where they go? always.

Or do you shove things around and just make yourself a clean spot to scrap the next time? D not for a long time, but I have been there...

I have a small table, there is not enough room to scrapbook with clutter. My bigger desks were way messier. My table is pressed right into my scrapbooking cubes, meaning every thing is within reach, easy to get it out easy to put it back.
June 20th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you clean up after you scrap each time? Yes I do it on our dinning room table

Once a week clean up?

Put things/tools back where they go?I just have a bucket they go in so YES

Or do you shove things around and just make yourself a clean spot to scrap the next time?

Any tips/suggestions to share on keeping our space organized? I need to get a new house so I can have my own space

June 20th, 2013, 04:42 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you clean up after you scrap each time? currently yes

Once a week clean up?

Put things/tools back where they go? yes

if you put things away when you are done using them there is no mess to clean up

June 20th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you clean up after you scrap each time? Lately, I've been trying to clean up after each time. Put up the scraps, misc tools, etc and especially put back the paper I pulled out to try but didn't use.

Once a week clean up?
If I don't do it everytime, on weekends when I'm doing an overall picking things up, I'll put back the stragglers

Put things/tools back where they go?
I'm am usually pretty good at this, it's only when Mark "borrows" them that I have to search.

Or do you shove things around and just make yourself a clean spot to scrap the next time?Oh, yes, I've done this a time or two.

Any tips/suggestions to share on keeping our space organized? Having everything have a home really helps. Their homes do change from time to time depending on what I'm doing/using so the things I use the most are closest and easier to reach and things I don't use as often go higher up.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 21st, 2013, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you clean up after you scrap each time? Sort of....I clean off my scrappy table, my tools are put away but my loose scraps and papers not used get stacked up until I spend time putting them away where they belong.

Once a week clean up? No, just when I get around to putting all of the miscellaneous stuff that gets stacked up on my desk.

Put things/tools back where they go? Always....not enough room otherwise.

Or do you shove things around and just make yourself a clean spot to scrap the next time? I have done that if I'm on a roll.

Any tips/suggestions to share on keeping our space organized? Everyone has their own organization tips and ideas that work for them. I think the thing that has helped me most was doing the Get Organized Challenge thru ScrapRack. I got lots of ideas that I changed up that work for me without having to buy a bunch of new stuff. Her ScrapRack stuff is really really cool but really really expensive too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search