Journaling

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm SCARED!!!

Spill the beans on how you feel about journaling.

Do you like to journal?

If so have you always like to journal?

I know pictures bring us certain emotions how much of that do you put into your journaling or do you just stick to the facts?

Any tips to make me feel more comfortable with doing it?

What % of your pages have a title?

What % have journaling?

June 22nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Spill the beans on how you feel about journaling.

Do you like to journal? not really it is a necessary evil

If so have you always like to journal?the reason I don't scrapbook chronologically kind of goes back to journaling. For me the fresher the pictures the more I have to say about them. I got the camera, printed the picture, but two years later I have no clue why that was so special at that moment and then they are scrapbooker, but have lost their specialness. The scrapbook pages from when I moved out to OK and when Scarlett was born had much more much more meaningful journaling and the pictures were scrapped the day or week they were taken. That season is past and my pages are completely different

I know pictures bring us certain emotions how much of that do you put into your journaling or do you just stick to the facts? i have pages with raw emotion, but generally I hide that journaling. Front side is anything I'd let my kids and MIL read.

Any tips to make me feel more comfortable with doing it? just do it, there is no wrong way to do it. A computer is helpful if you dislike your hand writing or you want to be sure your journaling fits. If you like you can start by writing on the back of the page

What % of your pages have a title? 99.9% or three out of 2900 are titleless.

What % have journaling??? 10% has meaningful journaling, heartfelt. 40% have the basics, 50% are self explanatory, and I'd like to imagine 100% have who and when. I know my older ones don't but even if the baby in the picture is quite obvious to me me in twenty, or forty years it might not be so easy to tell the little boogers apart. Especially if Beau is wearing purple pjs.
June 22nd, 2013, 07:41 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Do you like to journal? yes

If so have you always like to journal? no. i hate my handwritting and on some pages I actually typed some of the journaling, but that doesnt work on all pages

I know pictures bring us certain emotions how much of that do you put into your journaling or do you just stick to the facts? i usually stick to facts but also sometimes add in other details that arnt in the pics

Any tips to make me feel more comfortable with doing it? just let it flow

What % of your pages have a title? most all.. Well since I double page scrap sometimes only one side has the title

What % have journaling?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
June 22nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you like to journal? No
, I really dislike journaling. Never have really liked to do it.

If so have you always like to journal?

I know pictures bring us certain emotions how much of that do you put into your journaling or do you just stick to the facts? If it is something that I don't want everyone to know they I will do it as hidden journaling or put it on a paper to put behind the page. If it is pretty basic, I will put it on the page. Or, if there is a story that they picture doesn't really tell much about (like my un-stuffed monkey page) then I will try to put it on the page.

Any tips to make me feel more comfortable with doing it? I agree about printing it on the computer if you don't like your handwriting. I find the easier ones to do journaling on are pictures that have a story to go with them.

What % of your pages have a title? Probably all of them (2+ page layouts only have the title on one page)

What % have journaling? Maybe 50%? I think I am going to go back and at least write stuff on the back or on a piece of paper to stick in the sleeve for the pages that don't have journaling. I might know who everyone is, but who's to say down the road that I will remember or if anyone else in my family will.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 22nd, 2013, 08:17 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Do you like to journal? Yes and no

If so have you always like to journal? Yes and No. lol

I know pictures bring us certain emotions how much of that do you put into your journaling or do you just stick to the facts? When it's really positive, when it's not, I don't. The only way I could get through the pages of my sister's last visit before we stopped talking were to not have any journaling. Plus, they were my kids' books, so I didn't want them to have the negativity between me and her on their pages.

Any tips to make me feel more comfortable with doing it? I'm the opposite from Nicole, I have to scrap chronologically. But I generally put pictures on my blog right when it happens, so I have my blog post about the event for the immediate explanation. So when I scrap them, I'll read through the post about them and then write a little blurb. It doesn't have to be much. And most of my pictures aren't of "big" events anyway, they were just being cute, so they don't need really anything in-depth explanations. I guess my tip is it doesn't have to be anything long or profound. Many times a simple explanation if it isn't self-explanatory is okay.

What % of your pages have a title? most

What % have journaling? most

June 23rd, 2013, 12:00 AM
So since I am jealous that Brittanie has a blog with all her pictures and details I thought I'd look at my old unscrapped pictures. They date from As far back as 1999 but I am happy to report that most of the events had been scrapped. Also I don't feel a huge drive to scrapbook the older pictures with the kids that are gone and the family I don't talk to, when I have a huge abundance of new pictures.

I think when it comes down to it I am just not organized enough to get my pages in order.
June 23rd, 2013, 10:02 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Spill the beans on how you feel about journaling. I'm not a huge fan, but I like to give some info about the event captured in the pictures

Do you like to journal? eh so so

If so have you always like to journal? no

I know pictures bring us certain emotions how much of that do you put into your journaling or do you just stick to the facts? mostly the facts and maybe a little of my own input on it

Any tips to make me feel more comfortable with doing it? Just state the facts of the event and go with what you feel

What % of your pages have a title? hmmm not sure maybe 70%. Sometimes i do and sometimes I don't

What % have journaling? oh geeze um 40%...not sure

June 23rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies!

I'm not yet ready to get into journaling but I am leaving some spots on my pages for when I get around to it. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

June 23rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
So since I am jealous that Brittanie has a blog with all her pictures and details I thought I'd look at my old unscrapped pictures.
I've been super duper bad at updating it lately!

June 25th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Sasix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you like to journal? Not really, I try to do it though as I know it's important to tell the story.

If so have you always like to journal? nope, my first pages (wedding album) have very little journaling in them. I'm trying to get better at it now.

I know pictures bring us certain emotions how much of that do you put into your journaling or do you just stick to the facts? I have a couple of pages with hidden journaling, and a few others that I journaled on the back.

Any tips to make me feel more comfortable with doing it? I find lists, bullets, on paper strips are a quick way to get in journaling without feeling like you have to fill in an entire square of words. And if you don't like your handwriting (I don't like mine at all), then the computer is a great tool.

What % of your pages have a title? Most of them do, I think. I don't think I've left many untitlted, journaling & dates are what most of my unfinished pages need.

What % have journaling? I would have to look, but probably about 50%

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
June 25th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I have been looking at my old old pages and finding a lot of emply hidden journaling. But since I don't have any albums right now there are alot of pages stacked up. But when I do put a page in an album I find that the perfect time to check everything. This means added a subtle name and year at least on the front in tiny letters by the picture if the childs name is not mentioned in journaling on the face of the page. And adding any journaling that i have left blank wether on the front, hidden or it needs to be added on the back. If the page is lumpy write it on paper and glue it on the back.

Good Luck!

ETA: even with Ashley's pages I'd add her name and year tiny on the front you would be amazed how much my grandson looks like his father!

Last edited by Happy Song; June 25th, 2013 at 10:13 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search