need some neat scrapbooking projects

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Ashtyns_mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to come up with 5 new, neat scrapbooking projects. I am going to teach classes again this fall and I want to have some brand new cool techniques. We dont get a lot of new ideas in the town where I live and so I feel out of the loop a lot when I read some of the techniques and ideas that you guys talk about.

Right now I am going to be teaching
1. iris folding
2. waterfall folds
3. paper piecing

but I am at a loss as for the next three. If you ladies can think of anything that would be neat please let me know! I will searching the internet looking for new ideas....

September 19th, 2007, 06:27 PM
http://techniques.scrapbooking.com/patterned_papers.htm

This is pretty neat! I have a lot of 8x10 paper that I dont use b/c it is not 12x12.

September 19th, 2007, 06:39 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
Hey on DIY this afternoon they did landscapes, it was very cool!!!

DIY Landscapes

September 19th, 2007, 08:30 PM
that is pretty cool! I will be adding it to my list Thanks!

September 20th, 2007, 07:02 AM
jbc0827
Quote:
http://techniques.scrapbooking.com/patterned_papers.htm

This is pretty neat! I have a lot of 8x10 paper that I dont use b/c it is not 12x12.[/b]
That is neat. I may have to try that soon.

Quote:
Hey on DIY this afternoon they did landscapes, it was very cool!!!

DIY Landscapes[/b]
This is neat too and I think I can use this when I do a beach page.
September 20th, 2007, 07:38 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are they all beginners?

See I was suprised when our LSS had an "advanced" scrapbooking class where they did eyelets and brads and distressing. And I didn't really think that as an advance thing. But yet when I talk to a lot of gals that want to get started but don't know where, many get hung up on where to use the brads and eyelets, and just stick the the basic's of using them to attach vellum.

So maybe show them creative ways to use the brads. (like the swing one I did where I used them as the design element on the page)

Also maybe you can incorporate on one of your pages how to make a hidden journaling pocket behind a pic or an embellishment.

Maybe the faux stitching technique?

In the latest Scrapbook ect. They have different ways on how to use puffy paint that you would use on fabric or T-shirts. It is the latest on the stands right now.

How to use transparencies in your Layouts?

The blinky is clickable!!
September 20th, 2007, 09:36 AM
jbc0827
Quote:
Are they all beginners?

See I was suprised when our LSS had an "advanced" scrapbooking class where they did eyelets and brads and distressing. And I didn't really think that as an advance thing. But yet when I talk to a lot of gals that want to get started but don't know where, many get hung up on where to use the brads and eyelets, and just stick the the basic's of using them to attach vellum.

So maybe show them creative ways to use the brads. (like the swing one I did where I used them as the design element on the page)

Also maybe you can incorporate on one of your pages how to make a hidden journaling pocket behind a pic or an embellishment.

Maybe the faux stitching technique?

In the latest Scrapbook ect. They have different ways on how to use puffy paint that you would use on fabric or T-shirts. It is the latest on the stands right now.

How to use transparencies in your Layouts?[/b]
Alrighty, when are you two going to teach us a class on these? I would sign up in a heartbeat.

These are things I struggle with now. I know we have used the technique in some of our challenges but I personally rather watch someone do it and pick it up that way.
September 20th, 2007, 04:01 PM
LOL Thanks Chanda. Yes the class is for beginners. But this summer I had beginners to advanced students so I would like to have a variety of lessons for them.

September 20th, 2007, 04:37 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I absolutely love www.crafttvweekly.com Check out the archives and I'm sure you'll get lots of cool technique ideas for your classes. Here's one that I've been wanting to try for cards, but haven't had the time to sit down and do it. It might be a good one for your class.

pop-ups

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search