Some random questions

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a few questions about scrapbooking supplies and even a few tips that I thought I might throw out there if anyone can answer them. Thanks!

1. How do you get eyelets onto a page? Is there some special tool? How much does it cost?
2. Do you use a gluestick or some other kind of adhesive?
3. How do you get ribbon onto a page? Do you sew or stick?
4. Any tips on sewing on your pages?
5. Where do you purchase your ebellishments?
6. How often do you use tags and where do you buy them?

I think that is it...for now.

September 30th, 2007, 05:20 AM
jbc0827
1. How do you get eyelets onto a page? Is there some special tool? How much does it cost? I do not have the answer to this, I still haven't figured that out.
2. Do you use a gluestick or some other kind of adhesive? I use the tape runner from Creative Memories, I personally do not like the gluestick, it gets too gunky for me.
3. How do you get ribbon onto a page? Do you sew or stick? I have't done this but I plan on sticking the ribbon on.
4. Any tips on sewing on your pages? Look in the subform on technques, Chanda did a topic on thesewing technique
5. Where do you purchase your ebellishments? I go to either Michaels, WalMart, or my LSS
6. How often do you use tags and where do you buy them? I haven't done tags yet and this post has shown me I need to get on the ball with the different techniques

September 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How do you get eyelets onto a page? Is there some special tool? How much does it cost? I use the old tool set by Memory Makers. It has a hammer, hole setter, eyelet setter. Recently they upgraded this set. It now has some glue in it too, but no paper piercer. The set didn't come with instructions either. But basically there is a tool that you use to cut the holes (thent hey have different size holes cutters that you just screw off and on, and hammer the top of it, piercing the paper. Then you put the eyelet through,turn over the page, put the eylet setter over the eyelet then hammer again...the set now at Joanne's is running 29.00, my neighbor just looked at it on Friday....so it is a good purchase to use a 40% off coupon on.

2. Do you use a gluestick or some other kind of adhesive? No glue sticks here. And I won't ever go back. I just switched my neighbor over to the tombrow runner. She loves it! Of course it means running out of adheisive a lot, so just stock up. Joann's right now is having a sale 30% off all adheisives.

3. How do you get ribbon onto a page? Do you sew or stick? I use glue dots or zips. You can find them also at Joann's on sale. They're in a white box and come in different sizes. Michaels also has them. Glue sticks are still a good option for sticking on large pieces of paper.

4. Any tips on sewing on your pages? The search function on JM is broken, but somewhere a long time ago I did a faux stitching technique...when I get back from church I'll try looking for it. But you can either use this technique (which is really easy, I just got to find it again)...or pierce the paper and sew with DMC floss, or rub on's, or stitch with a sewing machine.

5. Where do you purchase your ebellishments? Local Scrapbook stores and Joann's

6. How often do you use tags and where do you buy them? Not too much....I just bought a template (I think it was one of those orange fiskars ones, and just trace around that and hand cut them out of card stock when I do. That way you can customize the color. The tags that you buy really limit you to color and size.

Keep those questions coming...and I promise to find that old technique for faux sewing....if I can't find it, I am sure I'll use the technique soon and can re-take the pics and repost it.

The blinky is clickable!!
September 30th, 2007, 08:19 AM
berrygirll's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. How do you get eyelets onto a page? Is there some special tool? How much does it cost? I really don't use eyelets. On one of my pages I used something called "quicklets" that look like eyelets but work like brads.

2. Do you use a gluestick or some other kind of adhesive? I use glue dots or Zots for things like flowers, buttons... for everything else I use the Vario adhesive tab dispenser (from Michaels) & love it! You can also buy refills of 1000 I think, they're around $4. Love it, love it! It lasts quite awhile too. You can run them all in a line but that's overkill to me so I usually do a square tab in each corner & one in the middle. Or anywhere that looks like it needs it, lol.

3. How do you get ribbon onto a page? Do you sew or stick? I either use the tabs (torn in 1/2) or glue dots. Some ribbon already has adhesive on the back, just like a bunch of ric-rac I have. I think they're called Sticky Stitches.

4. Any tips on sewing on your pages? No, I don't sew! LOL I either use rub-on stitches or make holes with my paper piercer & thread embroidery floss or hemp through the holes.

5. Where do you purchase your ebellishments? From Michael's, sometimes AC Moore and ebay

6. How often do you use tags and where do you buy them? Not often. Some I have came in a kit that match the paper and I did buy a few different packs at Walmart--natural colored, brights, pastels, etc. They were maybe $1.50 per pack.
Jake (17)
Sam (13)
Layla (9)
stepmom to:
Kayleigh (20)
Emilee (19)
Madison (8)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search