Surprise Swap

Forum: Paper Scrapbooking

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Paper Scrapbooking LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just wondering if anyone was interested in a surprise swap. It could be a lot of fun, if we had some willing participants. Here is how it works:

1. Sign-up and post a Likes/Dislikes list.
2. PM your addresses to me.
3. I will send each person an address.
4. You will be required to send that person at least $5-10 worth of items from their list.
5. If you would like to send to someone else who signed up for the swap, you are free to as well.
6. We can keep this going as long as everyone wants to. It could be just once, it could be monthly, whatever you think would be best.
7. The person will not know when they will be getting their package from you, but you will have to keep me updated through pms when you are sending their stuff out so no one gets left out and to avoid disappointments since we all know that they have happened in the past.

You will need to pm a week after we start with the date you are going to send your Surprise Scrapper their gift because I want to make sure everyone gets something in the end. I will need you to keep in contact with me to let me know how your gift is coming along.

Also, if you are going to send something to another Scrapper other than your designated scrapper, let me know who, and I will pm you their address.

You MUST be an active member of the Paper Scrapbooking board here at JM or I will NOT accept you. Sorry to be rude, but hopefully this will mean everyone who signs up actually receives something.

If you think this sounds like fun, please sign up!

March 30th, 2008, 07:36 PM
SAHM and scrappymommy
I think it sounds like a neat idea. I have some reservations though as the last one I participated in I never did receive my package. There have been other exchanges I have done as well where I did not recieve the package. I am not sure why I just don't recieve things.

I am going to PM you to ask you a question.
March 31st, 2008, 06:33 AM
jellybeaninhk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I'm just too far away for a swap. Shipping would be too much and most of my stuff comes from the States anyways. I would have loved to otherwise.

Thank you to .hoodihoo.this. for my beautiful siggie

March 31st, 2008, 08:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I like this idea a lot. I missed out on the last one so I would love to join in on this one.
March 31st, 2008, 09:11 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like this idea a lot too! I hope I've been a member long enough to be considered. But I have been actively posting since I joined.

Oh and just to be clear... a swap means stuff we already have, extra flower embellishments, things like that?

March 31st, 2008, 10:14 AM
^ That would be up to the person that you are assigned to. We could make this a "garage sale" swap where we just use extras and give away things like that OR we could purchase them new. I like that idea, though, since I am sure that there are tons of things I have that I won't use!

March 31st, 2008, 10:15 AM
SamSoon2beMomOf3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i would love to sign up i just need to see what i dont need . so after i look at my stuff ill post if im goign to swap

March 31st, 2008, 11:30 AM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think it sounds like a neat idea. I have some reservations though as the last one I participated in I never did receive my package. There have been other exchanges I have done as well where I did not recieve the package. I am not sure why I just don't recieve things.

I am going to PM you to ask you a question.[/b]
I would like to as well, but like Jen, i never did receive the kit from our last kit swap and that was about 10 months ago, but sign me up again anyway

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

April 1st, 2008, 04:38 AM
3girlz4me's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would love to do this

Quote:

i have been sending pm's t o the person every week. but i feel bad she has not responded. i can get a pckage together for you since i was the one who set it up.
April 1st, 2008, 11:15 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Quote:
i would love to do this

Quote:

i have been sending pm's t o the person every week. but i feel bad she has not responded. i can get a pckage together for you since i was the one who set it up.
[/b]
Don't feel bad about it. Things happen and you don't have to send me something. You have your hands full right now. It wasn't a big deal but I just worry that it will happen all of the time. You should have to be out things just because I didn't receive mine.
April 1st, 2008, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I am assuming that we will post the items here. So here goes

I can always use just about anything and I am willing to try anything outside of the "box" so to say
- Ribbon (any color but keep in mind I have boys )
- Buttons
- Embellishnents of any kind really
- Stickers (Sports, School, Outdoors, Holidays, etc.)
- A girl can never have too much paper

** I am not hard to shop for, I will like and appreciate anything.
April 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rusha, can you let me know the qualifications for being an active member?

I'd love to participate, but completely understand if you need to have people who have been a part of the board longer than I have.

April 1st, 2008, 07:23 PM
moms_soccer_team's Avatar Hoping 4 a happy 2010
I was thinking of our December swap and was hoping another would happen soon!!

I'm all about paper lol

Any size, color or print. Also anything boyish or would be good for teenagers. Plus Army, track or soccer.

Yeah I can't wait to get somebody!!!

April 1st, 2008, 07:56 PM
As long as you are here once a week and post once a week, that is okay with me. What do you guys think? I want you ALL to check in so we know where the packages are so no one gets left out.

I will leave the sing up til the end of the week and then on Friday I will assign partners. Post your likes and dislikes here.

Oh, and I need y'all to vote on whether or not you want this to be a "garage sale" swap where we just send off things that we have but won't use or if you want to have new stuff. So I will post that out on the main forum.

Hope that helps.

April 2nd, 2008, 07:50 AM
SAHM and scrappymommy
Here is my list of "wish" items

Chalk
Embellishments (flowers, brads, buttons)
boy papers
Rub on words
any other letters for titles
April 2nd, 2008, 08:04 AM
I have two boys and that is pretty much what I scrap - so anything boyish I will love. I have a really hard time finding boyish papers and embellishments though, so they would be my major things I would love. Otherwise, I am totally up for anything!

April 2nd, 2008, 09:53 AM
mama~kat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This sounds like fun! I love surprises... that's why i like getting "grab bag" lots on eBay

I'd love to sign up. Once I finally get ink for my printer (today! ) I'll be back in business!! I don't like putting together layouts until I have the sctual pics to work with

I can always use ribbons & embellishments (flowers, brads, buttons)
Stickers & rub-ons
Die cuts and things to journal on/in
and i love paper!

What's the best way to safely ship 12x12 paper? I've never seen envelopes that size.

JellybeanJunction - My Etsy Shop Kat Scrap Fever (blog)
</div>
April 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Tamaralynnb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have boys to, i could always use rub ons i am really liking them, and title letters, i love ribbons and paper to, i'm easy to please

Thank you bokkechick for my fantastic Siggy

April 3rd, 2008, 02:30 PM
~.Sally.~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think this is a great idea and would love to join in, however I will understand if you would prefer me not to as my surprise scrapper will have to post to the UK, which I know will be more expensive than within the UK.

I am happy to post wherever so if you will have me I am in.

Anything would be great, I can always use ribbons and buttons. I have a little girl.
April 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
Roni's Avatar Super Mommy
I would like to join in... i'm new to this board, not scrapping, but the bug has bitten me.

Also, I wanted to ask, to avoid missing packages... why don't we make delivery confirmation mandatory? It's about 45 cents more (i think) but so worth it. I participated in a baby shower swap and my person didn't get thier gift - i had to file a missing package claim with USPS and she finally got it like 2 months later. Sad. But since i've been using delivery confirmation, that hasn't been a problem. Then we can pm Rusha the # so if there is a case of missing package, we can track it??? What do you all think?

My wants and desires:

Girl - Anything
- Eyelets (spelling?) Any colors - would like hearts or flowers
- Brads
- Stickers
- Embellishments
- Paper Any size

If you have the invamouse cricut machine- I would like some titles like:
- 1st month through 12th month
- First Bath
- First Swim
- Isabella Lee
- Isaac Elijah
- Soccer
- Birth Story
- Ultrasound

I have tons of boy stuff (baby boy) I can pass around
I also have some military items (Navy, Army, Marines) I don't need.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search