Log In Sign Up

Joseph's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 555
We went to the hospital around 5 am on February 1st for a scheduled c-section. Joseph Jerard was born at 7:32 am. He weighed 6 lbs 12 oz and was 21 1/2 inches. The c-section went well. My blood pressure was slightly elevated when I went in for surgery, but not too bad. They had the sheet up, but I could see what they were doing in the lights which was a little unnerving. DS came out screaming and he has been the healthiest baby I have had thus far. Once I was in the recovery room I was able to hold him for about 30 minutes before they took him back to the nursery. I can't honestly remember what they took him back for, I was a little out of it. That afternoon they decided to switch my blood pressure meds (I have chronic hypertension) which caused huge problems. My blood pressure was running in the 190/120 range for the first day. They kept adding meds and the meds weren't doing much. By the time I was released (4 days later) it was only down to 170/95. I ended up with the worst migraine ever on the second night. Joseph spent that night in the nursery b/c I was in so much pain. They gave me vicodin which made me sick. I also had ICU staff in my room in the middle of the night to start a new IV. After 6 tries, they finally got it but it was located in my arm right where they put the blood pressure cuff...not comfortable! Once we got home I had quite a bit of help. My SIL spent the night the first night so I was able to get a full night of sleep. A nurse came 3 days after we got home and my blood pressure was still really high. I went to my doctor a few days later and he added yet another medicine. Thankfully, that med worked and it is now in the normal range. Other than the blood pressure, it was a pretty uneventful c-section. DS is definitely a cutie and has been a pretty laid back baby!
Mom to:
Quinn - 10
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
Reply With Quote
March 21st, 2013, 09:08 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,139
Ohhhh he is such a cutie! Sorry to hear about the BP issues and glad its under control now! Congrats again!
my3sonsplus1 likes this.
Mommy to:

Ashley (02/18/94) Rhiana (08/20/02) Tierney (05/23/04)
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) Devlynn Grace (02/05/2016)

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0