Log In Sign Up

Londyn Ari 8/20/13

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By BabyT_heart_beat

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
BabyT_heart_beat's Avatar Baby girl Londyn 8/13
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 354
We are finally home and doing great!!

I'll start with:

On 8/19/13 at about 4am I awoke to a feeling that I had to use the bathroom but before I could get out of the bed it was already coming...fast. I was like OMG I'm using the bathroom on myself. I tried to run and get a pair of underwear and run to the bathroom(falling on my butt in the process) by the time I made it to the bathroom my shorts were soaked and it was running down my legs. I cleaned myself up and thought nothing of it. I layed back down in the bed but couldn't go back to sleep right away. I was having no contractions and was waiting to see if they would start. I eventually fell asleep and awoke to a wet and warm sensation about 30mins later. When I sat up the pillow I had between my legs was soaked and by the time I made it to the bathroom my undies were soaked again and I started noticing the cramps. I was like oh yea this is it. I woke DH and my mother and we began to pack for the hospital. While packing, my contractions were coming fast but not painful. Called the Dr. he said come on in. We beat morning traffic and made it to triage at about 7 am. I was checked and only 1 cm dilated. The midwife on call didn't want to send me home because my water had broken already but she asked me anyway and I said absolutely not. They admitted me and we immediately starting walking the halls. At about 145 I was checked and I was 5cm dilated. ( woo moving right along). I decided then that as much as I wanted unmedicated I was tired from no sleep and opted for the gas. When my nurse went to get the anesthesiologist I got hit with a whammy and called her back and said [email protected] the gas I want an epidural. They came immediately and inserted it and all was good.......

I slept most of the afternoon being checked periodically. I made it to 7 cm but stalled so they decided to start some Pitocin. As opposed to it as I was I just said ok I want to see my baby. After starting it my epi began to wear off even after pushing my self release button. They had to come and put medicine in directly like 4 times. After the 5th time one of the nurses noticed that the hub wasn't fully connected so i wasn't receiving the full dose. Once they got that all squared away I was happy again. About 6am I was fully dilated. The dr said she was still -2 station. (womp) I wasn't feeling any pressure to push so he said lets check in an hour. By this time I had been in labor for more than 24 hours and began to spike a low grade fever. They hooked me up to some antibiotics and told me to do a few practice pushes. That turned into 3 hours of pushing and she would not budge. She was stuck behind my pelvis and even with the epi the pressure was unbearable. I began to get nauseated and threw up everywhere. By then I was sleeping between pushes. I was exhausted. I simply said no more. I can't. The Dr said that after pushing this long forcing me to push any longer would not benefit me or my baby so C-section it is! . They prepped me and wheeled me down to the OR. That was bad.....

While prepping me in the OR they were checking to make sure I was numb but I was not numb on my left side. They tried different drugs several different times but I could still feel everything on my left side. By this time I'm already in tears from not being able to push my baby out but it reached an all time high when they told me I would have to be put under. I was shaking and crying uncontrollably and worst DH had to leave so I was alone and not going to be able to see/hear my daughter being born. That's the last I remember before waking up in my room. I saw my baby girl and was in awe. All 9 lbs 5oz of her. She was born with low blood sugar and they also had to hook her up to antibiotics because of my long labor but she was healthy, safe and in my arms. The 2nd day pp I began to spike a fever again but didn't know why. I felt fine. They drew blood and when my 3rd shift nurse noticed my temp and increased heart rate she got really alarmed. But again I felt fine. When the on call Dr. came he noticed that my blood count was low and immediately ordered a blood transfusion. (really??) . We were very carefully monitored the rest of our stay. All of our labs came back good. She passed all of her test and we were well on our way to recovery!!

Today 8/23/13 we were discharged. She weighed in at 8lbs 11oz. Breastfeeding is going good and I couldn't me more happy or blessed. Final stats*
****born 8/20/13 @ 12:48pm 9lbs 5oz 22inches long****


****Thank you*Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy****

Reply With Quote
August 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,464
Wow. That sounds rough. You are amazing and a good sport. Congratulations.
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

Reply With Quote
August 23rd, 2013, 07:02 PM
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,962
Great story sorry you had to go through so much but again Londyn is a doll baby!!!!!

Reply With Quote
August 23rd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,580
Wow you went through so much, but she's gorgeous. Beautiful hair!
~Thanks to Kiliki for my beautiful signature~

Reply With Quote
August 24th, 2013, 04:05 AM
MissCiara's Avatar 8/28/13
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 915
Amazing birth story! I am so sorry things didn't go as planned but I know it was worth it all! She is beautiful. :-)
Reply With Quote
August 24th, 2013, 09:27 AM
DeletedUser12345's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,668
What an ordeal..but she sure is worth it.. Love the name.
Reply With Quote
August 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 707
Sorry you had a rough time. What a beautiful baby! Congrats!
Reply With Quote
August 26th, 2013, 10:53 AM
alittlelost's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6,905
Sorry you went through that. It amazes me that they would cut you open before having you push in a more productive positition. They shouldn't have done that to you
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the beautiful siggy!
Check out the Attachment Parenting Board for Effective Parenting Solutions.
PM me if have questions about autism, TTC gender swaying, natural childbirth, going "vaccine-free", or if you are looking for gentle discipline advice.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0