Log In Sign Up

Miah Elizabeth's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Happy Song

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Grlsshp9's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 1,210
I went into the hospital on the night of August 27th to start the induction process. When I arrived the nurse checked me and my cervix was no longer hard, but it was soft and still closed, she started my cervix on a pill to dilate, and I was supposed to receive one at 11:30, 2:30, and 4:30 she said it would take about 30 minutes for the pill to start working and I might feel crampy and contractions, well like clock work at 12am I started having contractions, I started feeling so crampy that I couldn't sleep or even stand up to use the restroom. She gave me ambien to help me go to sleep but I was in so much pain that it didn't do anything except take my mind off of the pain a little bit, I did end up falling asleep but t 2:30 when she woke me up my contractions were so bad that I couldn't even stand it, she checked me and I was 1-2 cm dilated and 30% effaced I believe and my contractions were back to back. She called my OB to ask if she should give the other pill and he said no, so one pill was apparently enough. When she came back I asked for some pain meds and a sleeping pill, and she gave me something through my IV that had me completely dazed until like 3pm the next day! At 6:30am My doctor came in and stretched my cervix and broke my water (worst pain ever) then they started the pitocin. I don't remember much because of the meds she gave me but I remember the contractions were strong and consistent and I didn't start dilating again until around 12-1pm and I was only dilating 1cm every 2 hours, and the doctor was wanting 1cm every hour. & I don't remember when but I guess I was in so much pain they had the anesthesiologist come in and all I know is I signed that paper real quick and they started the epidural! I started feeling so much better and tried to stay up and socialize but the nurses kept telling me to go to sleep and well the pain meds she had given me still hadn't wore off so yeah I was tired and I went back to sleep. I woke up a while later to a crowded room and it was because monitors around the hospital were showing her heart rate was dropping too low and too often, so they had me flip on my right side then my left and so on until she was back to normal, and they stopped the pitocin..well an hour to a couple hours later her heart rate started to drop after each contraction and at this point I am 17 hours into labor and only 4cm dilated and I asked my doctor what he thought should occur at this point because I was dilating every 2hrs and I wouldn't have given birth until about midnight at the rate I was going, so we both agreed on a c-section. They were very quick getting me into the OR, everyone was talking to me at once, and I was trying to call people to hurry up and get to the hospital, and before I knew it I was kissing Nick and I was being prepped for surgery. The meds they gave me made me shake so bad that my jaws were sore for hours after surgery, I couldn't even talk, I was shaking so bad. The surgery didn't feel like it lasted an hour, and when they said congratulations and I heard her cry and saw her for the first time I cried so hard, and so did Nick. It was a beautiful moment and he recorded it! I had given birth to a beautiful baby girl at 6:47pm at 6lbs 9oz 20in long! The recovery lasted a week, and it was the hardest week of my life. I had horrible swelling in my legs to the point that I couldn't walk, I stopped breastfeeding so I had horrible engorged breasts, and I had an incision that limited my movement, I was very stressed out the first week, but I feel so much better, and the only thing I am dealing with now is slighty engorged breasts and the incision healing, but I feel great and I love my daughter. She had her first appointment yesterday and she is weighing 7lbs 2oz!

Reply With Quote
September 8th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,023
Glad you and Miah are doing well.
Grlsshp9 likes this.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0