Log In Sign Up

Baby K

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Skye10
  • 1 Post By Skye10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
From the moment I found out we were expecting our second child I knew I did not want to be induced again unless I had to. I did everything that I thought was safe to help her make her way into this world and I had tons of false labor but it just wasn't happening.
At 39 weeks 4 days I went in for a check up. My belly had grown 2 cm in 6 days, i had just recovered from yet another UTI and my cervix was favorable so my doctor suggested we induce. I think I could have talked him out of it but I was miserable and she was running out of room. So, he called the hospital and set up for me to go in the following morning at 2 AM. I went home, did some last minute packing and cleaning, spent some quality time with my toddler and then took him to his grandparent's. It was tough leaving him. Then hubs and I went home and thought about sleeping but decided to just stay up and we would rest during the mild contrActions after the induction started.
So we got to the hospital, filled out all the crazy paperwork and pitocin was started shortly before 3am.

I almost immediately started contracting 2-3 minutes apart but they weren't painful at all. (I was a 2 when I got there but I can't remember them telling my effacement ever.) They also did a sono just to make sure the baby was head down before they started the pit.

These practically painless contractions went on for hours. My doctor came in at 10 and I hadn't had any changes! Didn't surprise him since I wasn't hurting. He told me he would give me until noon and then take me off pit to see what my body would do. That meant I would get to eat so I was almost excited! Lol

At 11:30 my nurse had another nurse check me because she had longer fingers and could get around babies head to strip my membranes anyway my water broke as she was checking me and she declared that I was at a 3 and baby would be coming before shift change at 7.
That's when things got intense. Contractions picked up and started to hurt, not long after I asked for some demoral. The nurse reminded me that I had to have a bag of fluids before they could do my epi but I told her I wasn't sure I needed it. The demoral took the edge off and I was able to have conversations through the contractions so my hubby brought our son in to see me. I wasn't expecting it though and I got very emotional. That's when I lost control and couldn't stay on top of my pain. I was at a 5 then and the nurse quickly gave me my bag of fluids so I could get the epi. Had a chatty NA who administered the epi which helped me stay distracted while waiting for her to prep, she did a great epi I wasn't too numb!

After my epi I was at a 7! And in no time I was at a 10. I kept asking her to check me because I felt sooo much pressure. My back hurt even with the epi but I had back labor with my son so I didn't think much of it. Anyway around 3:30 is when I started pushing. My son was out in about 5 pushes.
When they couldn't see her head after push 3 I knew something was up.
I said "umm I think this baby weighs 10 lbs! I know what I'm
Doing she should be here by now!" I pushed and pushed and pushed for almost 2 hours!! I was exhausted and discouraged I didn't know what the heck was wrong. My husband prayed for me asking for strength.
(I forgot to mention that they turned my epi off when I started pushing which ended up being great because I could finally feel myself pushing well towards the end) then my doctor came in to see what was going on. I remember him saying he thought her chin might be caught on my pelvic bone so they had me sit back more. He was really encouraging telling me I was doing a great job and if I just had one more good push she would be here. I was exhausted but I gave it all I had and just as he said he didn't think I would tear this time her head came out I winced, my husband turned white and my doc said "oh gosh! Sunny side up! Bless your heart no wonder you were having trouble and you'll need a few stitches"
She came out screaming! With a head of hair! 8lbs exactly and 20 in long! 5:30.
I'm not sure how many stitched I got, doctor said it was just a "second degree midline" I know it took him 30 minutes to sew me up. My poor husband was traumatized he kept asking me if I was ok. And my doctor kept telling me how great I did.
Baby k latched right on! She was a hungry thing. She also pooped before we left the delivery room and she pooped 3 times during her bath.
Big brother loves her! And I think he is adjusting great for not being 2 yet!
I'm recovering well. My bottom is still sore but doc said it is healing fine.
I feel blessed to have added another healthy child to our family.
mirdeemrlvs likes this.

Last edited by Skye10; September 8th, 2013 at 12:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
September 8th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Near the land of cream cheese
Posts: 5,617
Congratulations again! I'm glad you and LO are doing well.

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
Reply With Quote
September 8th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,023
Beautiful birth story, thank you for sharing.
Reply With Quote
September 9th, 2013, 08:24 PM
mirdeemrlvs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,464
Congrats!! Can't wait to see pictures!
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him. Psalm 127:3

Reply With Quote
September 10th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20
I won't be sharing pictures. This has been a great support group but I just can't feel comfortable about posting pics of her on a public forum. I'm sorry
justmcurious likes this.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0