Log In Sign Up

Alice's (super-belated) Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By slp2012

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2013 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2014, 01:56 PM
slp2012's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,880
If any of you remember, I was having absolutely zero progress at every appointment. I had my membranes stripped at my 39 week appointment Wed. November 6th. I had some cramping that evening, but it went away.

Thursday night at 11p. when hubby came to bed I got up to go to the bathroom. I wiped and there was TONS of blood and mucous. Right after the contractions just BAM started happening. I went back to bed shaking and crying hysterically and hugged DH for dear life haha. They were 3 to 5 minutes apart all night and I couldn't sleep.

Friday November 8th at 6am I called into work and I told Jason that we should go to the hospital. We got there and were taken up to a room for monitoring. Apparently I was only 1.5 cm dilated which blew my mind because they were so intense and close together all night. I told them I really didn't want to leave, and because the machine showed that they were intense and constant, they booked us in and told me to get walking.

Hubby and I walked around the hospital and I was contracting pretty much constantly. He was super supportive and comforting. When I wasn't making much progress they decided to go ahead and break my water, which REALLY ramped up the contractions. To make me comfortable they gave me an IV of pain medicine, which was AWESOME. I felt so relaxed and happy and I finally got some sleep.

Then they woke me up and asked me to change positions and wouldn't tell me why. Finally they said that Alice's heartbeat had dropped really low, and I immediately started crying hysterically. They had me move all sorts of ways and then her heartbeat sky rocketed. Finally she stabilized. They think it was because there was no fluid left in there for her to move and she may have been laying on the cord.

Not too long after things ramped up again and I got the epidural. I don't recall any pain with the epidural and it worked but I could still move and feel some pain in areas.

Finally it was time to push. I was so scared at first and wasn't pushing properly. Finally I went to town and I was encouraged by the progress updates they were giving me. Hubby was super amazing, and he ended up looking at the whole process, even though I originally hadn't wanted him to (but I didn't care at that point). After 45 minutes of pushing, baby Alice was born at 3:39pm and I cried hysterically (again) out of emotion and relief.

She had pooped in me, so they took her away right away to clean her out. I guess she then filled two diapers in a row. So much poop! They weighed and measured her (6 lbs 9 oz, 19.5 inches) and brought her to me. Everyone commented on how alert and chill she was.

Also apparently my in-laws were outside my room the whole time I was pushing and heard the whole thing, so that was interesting.

I had tore and once everything wore off, that hurt pretty badly. I have a pretty high pain tolerance and have never fainted in my life and when they had me get up to go to the bathroom, on the way back to the bed I almost passed out from the pain. The whole catheter things wasn't up my alley either.

Overall, it was a great experience and everything went smoothly. She was healthy and beautiful. I ended up with pretty bad anxiety shortly after he birth. I had constant shakes, couldn't eat or sleep and felt pretty scared and disconnected. It really hurts to think about it now. It took me a good month to properly bond, and it kills me. But I love her more than anything, I feel more for her than I ever thought possible.

Hopefully I won't be such a noob the next time around.
smileymom03 likes this.
My sunshine <3

It's a boy!!!

Last edited by slp2012; July 11th, 2014 at 01:59 PM.
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0