Should she tell him?

Forum: Interracial Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Interracial Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Hi Everyone!

I was just passing through, and needed opinions on a situation my sister is currently going through. She is African American and her ex is white. She is a mom of 3 kids already, and is currently pregnant (17 wks). Well the father had already started talking to an attorney to try and take the baby..so she told him she had an abortion just to get him out the picture.
Well so far it worked! Now she is starting to feel bad about it because this would be his first child, and he feels like she ripped apart of him out of him.
So she is wondering if she should tell him she never had the abortion or to continue with her story of having the abortion.
Apparently, she has been told that there is a good chance of him taking the baby due to her having 3 other children and him being a white man trying to get his only child. She is financially ok, and has a lot of support from us (her family). What are your opinions on this situation. I told her to keep it to herself, but I'm not exactly sure I gave her the right advice. Sorry so long..Thanks!
July 2nd, 2015, 10:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just because he's white doesn't mean he will get the child. That's a racist comment for sure. The number of kids she has is irrelevant as long as she can take care of them. Most courts will give them joint legal custody with her having custodial custody at least until the baby is older - then it may switch to 50/50.

Courts are very loath to take a baby away from its mother no matter what the race. Actually in this case, they are more likely to side with the mother. They will argue that a white man can't raise a black child.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search