Easter questions :

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 08:22 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you celebrate Easter? If not do you celebrate something else this time of year?

Are you going to be coloring Easter Eggs?
Making Easter Baskets?
if so, what are you putting in them?
Do you hide the baskets?
Have you been or going to any Egg Hunts?
Did you go see the Easter Bunny as a child?
Do your kids, or will you take this LO to see the Easter Bunny?
Will your kids get new Easter clothes?
What's for dinner on Easter Sunday?
What's for Dessert?
Is it a big family affair? Or do you keep it simple?
Are you traveling?

Any other traditions you want to share?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 3rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I'm an atheist and dh is a non=practicing reformed Jew, so we don't get into all the religious parts of the holiday. We do love the bunny related stuff though!

Every year we have an Easter basket and an egg hunt for our son. We usually catch a community easter egg hunt if we come across one. This year we are living near some of my family (about 3 hours away) so we might go visit them. I'm undecided as gas is expensive and I'm not really close to my family anyhow.

My son was born about a week before easter, so every year we have taken a picture of him in an easter basket. The last few years we had to use a laundry basket I'm not sure I can get him to do it again this year, lol.

April 3rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you celebrate Easter? If not do you celebrate something else this time of year?

We do Celebrate Easter in the commercial and religious ways. Growing up we also helped my Dad celebrate Passover.

Are you going to be coloring Easter Eggs? Of course! We got a Phineas and Ferb kit!

Making Easter Baskets? I am gonna make one basket for the whole family

if so, what are you putting in them? a toy for the boys to share, new tooth brushes for them, then peeps and reeses (for DH) Mini cadbury eggs and creme eggs for me, kisses and jelly beans for the boys.

Do you hide the baskets? probably not, just set it on the table.
Have you been or going to any Egg Hunts? yep! A Church Easter Egg hunt this last weekend.

Did you go see the Easter Bunny as a child? I think I went a few times.

Do your kids, or will you take this LO to see the Easter Bunny? we take the kids for the first year, then skip it...

Will your kids get new Easter clothes? nah... DH won't go to church with me, and I can't watch them and be in the choir at the same time and there is no nursery or children's church on holidays. So who are they going to dress up for?

What's for dinner on Easter Sunday? I'm making a ham steak and mac n cheese

What's for Dessert? making a chocolate pie with peanut butter cups

Is it a big family affair? Or do you keep it simple? My family is too far away, and we haven't been invited to DH's family Easter Dinner in years, so it will just be the 4.5 of us.

Are you traveling? nope

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 3rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes, we celebrate Easter, but not really the religious aspect of it.

We won't be decorating eggs, doing baskets, egg hunt, etc. because my step-daughter is at her mom's this year.

SD is too old for the Easter Bunny thing now, but I will definitely be taking this LO to see the Easter Bunny next year!

For dinner on Sunday, my mom does most of the cooking: ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, veggies, rolls, the whole sha-bang!

For dessert, homemade peach pie from my step-dad's mom.

There will be 8 of us for dinner on Sunday: mom, step-dad, me, Brian, my 2 brothers, step-dad's parents and sister.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 3rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Do you celebrate Easter? If not do you celebrate something else this time of year? We do celebrate Easter.

Are you going to be coloring Easter Eggs? Yup! My son has been asking how many more days until we can do it haha.

Making Easter Baskets? Yes.
if so, what are you putting in them? Usually books, Veggie Tales DVD or a movie they might want, a toy or two for outdoor use. A little bit of candy.
Do you hide the baskets? No
Have you been or going to any Egg Hunts? We haven't but we will be having a hunt at my mom's house.
Did you go see the Easter Bunny as a child? Yes
Do your kids, or will you take this LO to see the Easter Bunny? We do but my dd is afraid of it at this point, so kind of a waste to go. DS is ok with not seeing him.
Will your kids get new Easter clothes? Yes but something they can wear again. Like shorts/polo for Joey and a new sun dress for Bayleigh.
What's for dinner on Easter Sunday? No clue! It's at my mom's house, so whatever they cook. It's always amazing though!!
What's for Dessert? Probably a cake/pie or something like that.
Is it a big family affair? Or do you keep it simple? HUGE family affair.
Are you traveling? Only about 45 minutes to my parent's farm.

April 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes we do. We don't make a big deal about the bunny stuff but we have fun with it and talk about Jesus' resurrection.

Are you going to be coloring Easter Eggs? I want to. I think its fun
Making Easter Baskets? Not this year due to money. I will probably do a small easter basket in the future for my kids
if so, what are you putting in them?
Do you hide the baskets? Nope
Have you been or going to any Egg Hunts? Yeah there's a community hunt we'll take DS to and then my family will have one at their house as well
Did you go see the Easter Bunny as a child? Yes
Do your kids, or will you take this LO to see the Easter Bunny? No i have no desire to take them, i don't want to make a big deal about fictional characters like the easter bunny and santa clause
Will your kids get new Easter clothes? I bought him a dress shirt for $3 at a consignment store
What's for dinner on Easter Sunday? Not sure what my mom will cook yet, probably turkey
What's for Dessert? Again, not sure. I might make a cheesecake
Is it a big family affair? Or do you keep it simple? Its pretty simple, usually just us my parents and my siblings
Are you traveling? Nope

April 3rd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Resurrection Sunday
Are you going to be coloring Easter Eggs?no
Making Easter Baskets?no
if so, what are you putting in them?no
Do you hide the baskets?no
Have you been or going to any Egg Hunts?no
Did you go see the Easter Bunny as a child?no
Do your kids, or will you take this LO to see the Easter Bunny?no
Will your kids get new Easter clothes?yes the girls got new dresses from their grandmother
What's for dinner on Easter Sunday?last two years we went to Hardees
What's for Dessert?I might make a pie.
Is it a big family affair? Or do you keep it simple?We have no family in the area.
Are you traveling?no

April 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you celebrate Easter? Yes

Are you going to be coloring Easter Eggs? Yes

Making Easter Baskets? Absolutely

if so, what are you putting in them? Candy, treats, plushies, small toys & novelties
age appropriate things for my teen girls (such as lip glosses, body sprays, stationary, etc)

Do you hide the baskets? Nope

Have you been or going to any Egg Hunts? Yes

Did you go see the Easter Bunny as a child? No

Do your kids, or will you take this LO to see the Easter Bunny? Not anymore (they are older now)

Will your kids get new Easter clothes? Yes

What's for dinner on Easter Sunday? Ham dinner! (mac & cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, deviled eggs, baked beans, dinner rolls, and more)

What's for Dessert? pies and cakes, maybe strawberry shortcake and cheesecake this year

Is it a big family affair? Or do you keep it simple? Not this year, we do not live close to many ppl in our family anymore, MIL will come over

Are you traveling? No

Any other traditions you want to share? We have an Easter egg hunt for our kids each year with plastic filled eggs and colored eggs and some of the plastic filled eggs have money inside or a paper with a number to claim a particular prize, sometimes I like to leave one colored egg un-boiled (lol)

April 3rd, 2012, 01:24 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you celebrate Easter? We celebrate it as a Christian holiday, not just bunnies and chocolates
Are you going to be coloring Easter Eggs? We are going to use the plastic eggs we used last year since none of us eat hard boiled eggs.
Making Easter Baskets? Yes, but just for DD
if so, what are you putting in them? Well I asked her what she thought the Easter Bunny brings and she said eggs filled with Candy, so thats what she's getting lol.
Do you hide the baskets? No
Have you been or going to any Egg Hunts? Not this year.
Did you go see the Easter Bunny as a child? Sometimes, but I can't remember.
Do your kids, or will you take this LO to see the Easter Bunny? No, DD hates all that stuff it scares the crap out of her.
Will your kids get new Easter clothes? Nope
What's for dinner on Easter Sunday? I think I'm going to do Ham, mashed potatoes, veggies, and crescent rolls, like usual.
What's for Dessert? Since it's just the 3 of us, nothing!
Is it a big family affair? Or do you keep it simple? Normally it's a big family affair, but since we moved and will be here by ourselves it will just be us.
Are you traveling? Nope!

We get up and go to Church to celebrate Easter. The fun stuff/food comes later! We also usually do cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Easter. It was something my mom always did, and I like to carry on!
April 3rd, 2012, 01:57 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you celebrate Easter? If not do you celebrate something else this time of year? YES...we celebrate the Christian holiday AND the easter bunny

Are you going to be coloring Easter Eggs? YES
Making Easter Baskets? YES
if so, what are you putting in them? Just as a little background we do not get them little gifts everytime we go to the store. Basically if it's not their b-day or a holiday they know not to even ask to buy something, so I go a little overboard on holidays. DS is getting a water sprinkler for this summer, a new baithing suit, A color book, a chocolate bunny, a (used) DS game, and some jelly beans inside of the plastic eggs. DD is getting summer PJs, a new baithing suit, a color book, a soccer ball (it's her first season playing soccer), a chocolate bunny, and jelly beans inside of the plastic eggs.
Do you hide the baskets? No, they will just be on the table
Have you been or going to any Egg Hunts? We will be going to a citywide egg hunt this Saturday, and we also usually have an egg hunt with the cousins at DH's family's house after we eat our dinner.
Did you go see the Easter Bunny as a child? No
Do your kids, or will you take this LO to see the Easter Bunny? No unless they have one at the egg hunt
Will your kids get new Easter clothes? Not this year because I already had nice outfits put back for them, but usually we do get a new dress (for DD) and shirt (for DS) for easter
What's for dinner on Easter Sunday? Ham, potatoes, rolls, casseroles...we do a HUGE potluck with DH's family and we have everything you could imagine there!!!
What's for Dessert? I don't know but it's always super good!!! The usually do have a "bunny cake" there though LOL
Is it a big family affair? Or do you keep it simple? HUGE...DH's entire family plus lots of family friends usually attend
Are you traveling? Just a mile down the road

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search