Log In Sign Up

Zoey Elizabeth 4/16

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 543
Because of my escalating blood pressure I was induced on Monday 4/16 @ exactly 39 weeks. The night before I could not sleep, I was very anxious about the induction. When I had my first I labored for 21 hours with over 2 hours of pushing and he was finally born with the help of a vacumn. I then ended up with a lazy uterus that caused post-partum hemorraging. Because of this, I was at increased risk of it occurring again. So this was at the fore front of my mind all night and all Monday.

Got to the hospital at 6 am, checked in got my room and then they started the IV. Well, I'm petrified of needles so I was not looking forward to this at all. Well, the lovely nurse could not get it in, she kept pushing the needle and said she was hitting a valve. So she tries another spot in the same arm only to end up with the exact same issue. It hurt really bad and at this point I'm crying and shaking and petrified of her trying again. So they give me a break and send in another nurse who got the IV in the other arm, it was quick and painless.

At 8:30 the dr came in, checked me I was 1.5 cm dilated and broke my water. Uhhh, I hate the feeling of the water gushing out! And pitocin was started. I also found out I was Strep B positive so antibotics were started. So then we sat there and waited. At about 2:00 I was still laughing and talking and feeling only a little crampy. By 2:30, I was getting really worried that this was going to be a failed induction because I was not in pain at all! Well, come 3:00 it hit me hard and the pain kicked in. Dr. checked me at 3:30 and I was a 3. I was hoping to be a little further dilated but dr was happy with it since she said I was now going to progress faster since my contractions had picked up. She said let them know when I want the epidural. My plan was to hold off as long as possible because it drastically slowed down my labor with my son ( 2 cm in 7 hours) By 4:30 I was in a lot of pain, told nurse to order the epidural in 15 min so I would get it after 5. Anestologist came up, got the epidural started (I was petrified but it didn't hurt) Waited for it to start working and by 6 I was feeling really good! At around 7, I told the nurse that I was starting to have pressure in my vaginal area but didn't really feel like I needed to push, she said she would check me in a little while. Then she noticed I had blood in my catheter and decided to check me right away, well wouldn't you know I was fully dilated and babies head was right there. So dr gets called and we are waiting for her to come and the pressure is getting stronger I actually wonder if she will get here in time. Dr. finally arrives around 8, gets things ready and I push my beautiful girl out in 3 pushes! When she came out I heard the dr say "Wow" and it turns out that the cord was around her neck 3 times (she never showed any distress or heart rate decelerations, they think because the cord was very long) Well, she got the cord off and she cried and was put on my stomach! I was so in love but then started to worry about the bleeding since this is where things went south last time. No hemorrage! Ahhh, I could finally relax. DH cut the cord, which he didn't get to do before since my son was whisked away when the hemorrage began. Then I spent the next few minutes getting sewed up (**** scar tissue tore in the same spot) and watching my baby get cleaned and taken care of by the nurse. I finally got to hold her and she began nursing!
This was an amazing experience for me this time around! I'm so in love with my little girl! My son has also showed the sweetest, most loving side of himself and any worry I had of him going from an only child at almost 7 to having a sister has faded away. I feel so grateful for my family!!!


Reply With Quote
April 20th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Posts: n/a
I'm so happy to hear you had such a great experience! There is nothing better than having a wonderful birth exerience to help you start the bond with your baby Congrats! and I'm glad your son seems to be adjusting well also! <3 can't wait to see more pics!
Reply With Quote
April 20th, 2012, 10:29 PM
abmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 806
Great story!! glad brother is happy too!!
Me 29
Dh 30
DS 5
DD 3
DS baby!

Reply With Quote
April 21st, 2012, 07:44 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 35,050
Congrats mama!!! She's a cutie!!

=May '05 and '11

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0