Log In Sign Up

the much anticipated arrival of Juliet Michelle. 4/20/12 <3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,824
We had been expecting her to come around 39wks. The whole pregnancy I felt she would be early, and my last 2 were born around 39wks. Well 39wks came and went and no baby. As I approached my due date, I felt she would never come and scared they would want to induce. The evening of 4/18, I started having a very watery discharge along with my usual contractions. It continued throughout the night, gushing when id get up to pee. By 7am it turned pinkish tinged and I thought my water was leaking. Contractions were more intense and as I drove my son to take a test, I thought I was going into labor. Still not 100% yet as I hadn't seen any bloody show. Later that morning I called to go see my midwife to see if my water had broken. It hadn't, but I was 3cm and 60%. She said it could either die down or progress and the next few hrs I should rest in case I went into active labor. I went home and rested, contracting every 12min, then every 9min throughout the day. During this time my 20 month old, who is very calm and well behaved decided to spaz out lol. She ran around from toy to toy for 6hrs! Kept handing me things, bringing me stuff I didn't want, and saying mama, mama over and over. I knew something was probably going to happen that night and she must have known too. Finally at midnight we put her in the car to try to get her to fall asleep. Right before I had bloody show and the contractions, which has died down, picked back up every 2 to 5min. Active labor! It got to the point I told DH to just take us home we needed to leave for the hospital. My daughter then calmed down, got her blanket and pillow and insisted on riding with us so my mom followed us to the hospital. I checked in and was 4cm and 90%. I was already having back labor, though Juliet was positioned fine, and I wanted to enjoy my last labor so I asked for an epi. I got it, my b.p. promptly dropped to 800 but went up with meds. About 2hrs later they came in saying my contractions were spacing out and I wasn't making any progress. I needed to pee but could not go on a bedpan so I had to get a catheter. That was the worst part of the whole labor. Ugh. This was about 6am. Started talking Pit which I told them wasn't going to happen. The whole time I could feel my cervix opening and could contract by getting in certain positions. When I wanted a break I just had to lay down lol. So at 8am my midwife came and I was a 6.5 and not much cervix, and she was +1. Had her break my water cos I knew I wouldn't progress if she didn't. 10am, 8cm and cervix almost gone. Thought for sure baby would be here by noon. Well noon came and no change. Contractions weren't close or strong enough to put enough head pressure on the cervix. I felt her turn and drop and was feeling lots of pressure but just wasn't getting to 10. So I could wait it out or start pushing with her lifting it over her head. Getting my cervix manually lifted was the whole reason I got an epi in the 1st place. That hurts! The epi had worn off by now, though the pain was fine since i had done it natural before. I really only felt my left back and cervix. But I had them redose before pushing. Well I started pushing at 12.42pm and she was born at 12:44! So I redosed for nothing lol, not to mention I still felt the pressure that I thought was pain before. But since I hadn't been feeling pain for 18hrs it was nothing. And I never am bothered by the ring of fire, just the back pain. She came out so fast she was blue but pinked up quickly. It was the most comfortable birth I've had and recovery has been amazing. Just like with my natural births:-) She was 7lbs, 2oz and 20.5inches long. Everyone is so in love with her.....
Amanda- Mom to Dylan 13yo, Mikayla 9yo, and Arielle 5yo, Juliet 4yo, Noelle 18 m

Reply With Quote
April 25th, 2012, 08:32 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,505
Great story, congrats!

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0