Log In Sign Up

Welcoming Alaina Renae

Forum: 2014 Playroom


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By fmlbulridr018

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: WY
Posts: 2,760
Alaina Renae Wilmoth Birth Story

Well it all started New Years Eve. I had been having contractions all day long, and called my doc., in which they told me take Tylenol, and a warm shower and see if they subsided. Well they didn't and got worse and closer so off to the hospital we went. When we got there they hooked me up to monitors and all and my contractions were anywhere from 1 minute – 7 minutes apart. Well after 3 hours of monitoring I was only dilated 1 cm and 50 % effaced, so they sent me home. Next day same thing, contractions, couldn't sleep BC they hurt, and they weren't going away. Again I called docs and they had me come back down. Checked me again and was still only 1 cm and 50%, so they had me start walking, after an hr and half of walking no progress was made. Docs figured it was because I bowled league Monday night and then not much sleep since then, so they sent me home on Ambian. The contractions had subsided only getting a few here and there and nothing strong or intense like they were.

Then the following Monday, 6th, I went to my 38 week appt. Doc checked me and said I was still 1 cm but now 80-90% effaced. I said to doc “ I ain't making my next appt, this baby will be here this week, if not today.” Well of course doc says “probably not gonna make your c section date, but we will see.” Well he scheduled me to come see him the following Monday and said we will see you next Monday if you make it that far. I came home and was fine, of course NO bowling because they told me NO MORE BOWLING at the hospital that Wednesday before.

Well Tuesday AM I woke up, feeling fine, no problems. Contractions again started later that morning, but were 20-30 minutes apart, but they were strong enough they put me on the ground in tears and crying. I was trying everything to soothe them, but they were painful and ALL in my back. There was no front contractions it was straight back contractions. Again I called the docs, but they said to try Tylenol and a shower, in which did not work, but since the contractions were so far apart they didn't want me to come in.. WELL THAT WAS STUPID! They told me to take an ambian at bed time and see if I could get some sleep and if they subsided. Well again, bad idea, because the ambian did not knock me out like it had before. I was wide awake on all 4's crying through every contraction, but still closest one I had was 10 minutes apart, for the most part they were still 15-30 minutes apart. But each and every one knocked me down on all 4's and I would scream/cry through each and every one.

Around 1am Wednesday am, I woke up to a HORRIBLE contraction and made my way to the bathroom where I ended up puking my guts out, for some reason my pants were down and as I was in between puking I remember looking down and blood. Yep blood everywhere. I knew that was it, and we were having a baby. I crawled my way to the bedroom and by now my contractions were no longer 20-30 minutes apart, but now 1-2 minutes apart. They never slowly got closer and closer they hit and they hit then and hard. I got to the bedroom and was screaming at my husband to get up, we needed to get to the hospital NOW! Of course he looks at me, I again said CALL YOUR MOM WE NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL NOW I AM BLEEDING! He calls his mom real fast while throwing clothes on while running out the door to start the car. He was not gonna go and was just gonna have his mom and brother run me down because he had to work at 630 the next morning and he didn’t want to miss work for a false alarm. While he was on the phone with his mom I am on the phone screaming at the doc BC I am in so much pain. Doc told me “GET HERE NOW! I will see you in the OR!” I knew that was it we were having this baby tonight, doc was taking her as soon as we got there. Well hubby came back in and said mom told him to go because this was it and she was coming, well I looked at him and of course between contractions said, doc said she will c us in OR. I lastly remember grabbing the baby book off the table. I do not remember getting in our car or anything. Hubby and I headed for the hospital of course its a blizzard out, roads are icy and im screaming and can't get comfy. Hubby's brother and mom met us at the gas station down the street and through me in his brothers car and hubby got in passenger seat and his mom took our car. The reason hubby's brother took us was so hubby could try and help keep me calm.. HA funny! Calm was no where near what I needed. I needed pain killers. I guess the whole way to the hospital, we could go no faster than 45 mph, and most the time 30mph the roads were that bad. WHO FIGURES! I said the day I go into labor, it will be a blizzard out and we won't be able to make the hospital. What should have taken us 30 minutes, took us an hr and 15 minutes. I couldn't get comfy in back seat, at times I was up in the back window, I was sweating like a pig, freezing the boys out with the back windows down. I was screaming and the boys said it looked like someone off the exorcist was in the back seat. My brother in law was timing my contractions and they were now 30 seconds to a minute apart. When we got within 5 miles of hospital he had hubby call the hospital and let them know we were almost there and they needed to be ready. When we finally hit went to turn onto the street to the hospital, I remember telling hubby, you need to go in and get a da*n wheel chair and nurse BC hunny this baby is HERE! Of course he ran in and his brother is trying to get me out of the car. I said baby is here! We ain't making NO OR, because I am holding her head in.

The one nurse came running out with the wheel chair and he asked how much pain you in? I said 10 is an understatement I give me a 100 and its all in my back. I told him I am holding this kids HEAD! He told me to move my hand and he put his hand just down on the outside of my sweats as we went through the ER doors. I then heard him say GET THEM ER DOORS OPEN AND A BEDOPEN NOW AND PAGE BIRTHING CENTER, THIS BABY IS HERE! I remember docs and nurses everywhere one over my head telling me to breathe and push, the helicopter nurse at my left side trying to get iv in my left hand, and I hear people telling me next contraction push, all I have left is her shoulders and body. The ER doc said “What do I do? I have never delivered a baby before?” The OB nurse pushed him out of the way I guess and told him “I will do it, just get out of my way”. My hubby by now had come in the room, he went with his brother to park the car and they were running up to L&D when the one ER person said to them “she didn't make it up there she is in here” I remember hubby getting there just as I started to push again. Of course I was so tired by now, that I couldn't do the full count to 10. All it took was 3 pushes and she was out and crying. I was just in tears and sweat. First thing I said to hubby was, “I want my mommy, I want my mommy.” he called my mom and I talked to her while I was pushing out the placenta, of course after he told her that we had her naturally in the ER, with NO drugs and told her what happened.

So at 2:21am on January 8th, 2014 we welcomed Miss Alaina Renae Wilmoth into the world. She weighed 4 lbs. 13 oz and was 19 ¼ inches long.

We did have to stay the mandatory 48 hrs, as they did not get the drugs into me for strep b, since I was positive.

The one OB nurse was downstairs waiting for me to arrive so they could knock me out as they rushed me into OR. The OB doc and other OB nurses never made it, til we were already holding her in our arms. They had the OR all prepped and were all in their operating outfits and running in to deliver her, when she was already here. From the time I said 'THIS BABY IS HERE” 1000 ft from the hospital til she was crying was 8 minutes. I guess I take after my mommy. I was in what they considered full blown active labor only 1 hr 20 minutes. I have NO idea when my water broke or nothing. The boys said it looked like an exorcist was in the back seat of the car. My hubby said he had never gotten dressed so fast. He was pulling his pants up, while starting the car up outside.. lol. As soon as he saw all the blood, it was like he went into oh sh*t mode.. he wasn't even fully dressed when we switched cars at the gas station.. he just had a coat, his slippers and jeans on. His shirt and socks were in his hands.. lol .

I must say my husband is amazing, he tried calming me and kept turning around in the seat rubbing my back, holding my hand, telling me to breathe, telling me to try and remain calm. Of course I don't remember it at all, his brother kept saying how calm and well he handled it and tried to keep me comfortable. His brother the whole way kept saying “Alisa (his fiance) must be nuts she thinks Im ever knocking her up!” haha I scarred him for life and scared the heck out of him. I guess there was so much I kept saying to them, like we were only 7 miles in to the trip, and the BIL said “Alyssa keep calm, I see the hospital” and of course I screamed back “SHUT THE F**K UP and STOP LIEING TO ME. NOW FIND THAT GAS PEDAL!” of course I don't remember anything from the time I grabbed her baby book til really she was born, I do remember telling them she was HERE and the nurse that SHE WAS HERE!

I guess I should have listened to my mommy. She told if I go into labor I wasn't making the hospital, well we were lucky, another 5 minutes she would have been delivered by her daddy and her uncle (who has training from the military on delivering a baby) in the back seat of her uncles car. I am so thankful that she is healthy and doing so well.

Its hard to believe she was scheduled to be here tomorrow via c section, and here I am holding my 1 week old beautiful daughter. I was so lucky she was so tiny that she didn't rebreak me. Doctors told me not to pull that stunt ever again, really in reality it was there fault for not having me come in and get checked again. I kept telling them, she would be here any minute once I hit 1cm dilated, and especially when I was 80-90% effaced, but they wouldn't believe me. They figure I went from 1 cm to 10 cm in the matter of that hr and 20 minutes I was in full blown labor. I must say I am so glad it was fast, and glad I was healthy and Alaina was healthy, but I never want to do it again. I said to my doc “so next time you tell me im 1 cm and over 50% effaced we go in that day?” he agreed. He is so shocked she came with no problems, but said that it is a miracle she was so small, if not she could have been injured and so could I. They will monitor me much closer next time than they did this time and they monitored me close.

So I guess all in all, I got my beautiful baby girl, who at 1 week old had finally broke 5 lbs. She is so perfect, so tiny, so beautiful and looks SO much like her daddy it is not funny. I would not trade her for the world.

We are still in preemie clothes and preemie diapers, as they are even big on her yet.

I must say that I do NOT want to have that bad of back labor EVER again, BC I felt no contractions in my front, it was all in my poor brokened back. I am still in pain in my pelvis, hips and back but that is normal for someone like me who was not to go naturally.

Welp here are some pictures of my amazing baby girl! I will post more pics when I get a chance. but heres some for now.


Daddy & Alaina Snuggle Time

daddys lil broncos fan

smiles for mommy

newborn pics taken at 6 days old

Faith=2xBlessed and sgh like this.

Last edited by fmlbulridr018; January 16th, 2014 at 10:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
January 16th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,888
she is beautiful!! so tiny
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take,
but by the moments that take your breath away!

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

Reply With Quote
January 17th, 2014, 03:12 AM
sgh's Avatar
sgh sgh is offline
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 3,337
Super cute sounds like quite the adventure, glad you are both well! Congrats!
Reply With Quote
January 18th, 2014, 04:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,020
Wow that is some birth story! Glad you are both doing well!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0