Diaper bag/what to pack for the hospital?

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Super Mommy
I just ordered this diaper bag.

Now to think about packing it. With my other girls I brought it filled of stuff plus the baby book. Besides my suitcase. But I never used anything because the hospital gave us so much. Is there anything that you can think to pack besides the picture and coming home outfit? Since I have to bottle feed should I have bottles ready and bring them? Thank you for your input!

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

April 12th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Spottts's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That bag is so cute! Nope, I'm bring the baby book so hopefully they'll put the footprints in it. There will be a coming home outfit and a little blanket in case the car feels cool.

I formula fed the twins starting at the hospital. They give you tiny bottles (2 oz maybe?) with a screw on nipple that are disposable. It's easier to see how much the baby has eaten with those and the nurses keep track of it. They sent me home with some extras.

Sept. 2013 3/10/15
April 12th, 2014, 06:47 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I remember that the hospital I'm going to had (sterile packed disposable) bottle feeding supplies and would think most hospitals would have something similar on hand. They also had just about everything baby I could think of (hats, kimono tops, blankets, pacifiers, burp cloths, diapers, etc.). For baby I'll just be bringing an option or two for a coming home outfit.

I'll be bringing extra toiletry stuff for me and DH (shampoo/conditioner, tooth brush/paste, deodorant) since I'll be having a c/s and will be there for longer than a day. I know the hospital provided some of that as well but I recall the shampoo smelling odd and really drying out my hair, so I'd prefer my own. Also a coming home outfit for me, obvious stuff like camera/phone/chargers, a reusable grocery bag for bringing home all the extras and some items for me to wear while at the hospital (slip on sandals, robe, sportsbras, etc.).

April 12th, 2014, 09:44 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
The hospital will have all the feeding supplies you'll need unless there is a specific formula you want to use. My birth center doesn't have clothes for baby since you're usually there less than 12 hours after baby is born. So, all I'll bring is the coming home outfit and some cloth diapers. I'll bring my ringsling, too. It's not like it's a far walk to the car but I can wear baby while we get packed up or wait for our pediatrician. My bag won't have much more than an outfit for afterwards, my birthing outfit, swim trunks for DH, camera (even though we are having a photographer), breast pump (in case I need to use nipple stimulation to get things moving), sleep mask, hypnobirthing tracks on my phone, tablet to entertain DD, and some comfy slippers.

April 13th, 2014, 02:00 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
What will be in my bag? Um, 800 tubes of chapstick because I have a serious chapstick addiction and I MUST HAVE IT!

No really, my normal toiletries, extra hair rubber bands and head bands, socks, comfy nursing jammies and robes (since I'll be there for several days), my laptop and charger, my phone and charger, the camera and charger, a picture of Betsy, a couple of different going home outfits for baby, blankets, and probably more that I'm just not thinking of right now.

Like the bag that you picked out!
April 14th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't even thought of my bags with stuff for hubby and my girls. I hope the hospital lets them stay the night. I always over pack for vacations. UGH... So much to do, so little time!!

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search