Aria Claire's birth story

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 8 Post By destiny2000
  • 4 Post By destiny2000
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2014, 04:56 PM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
Aria Claire Sheffer birth story
On Tuesday October 14,2014 I was scheduled for my weekly ultrasound at 1pm. Just like every Tuesday Maddox and I would go to conway early to have a lunch date and do any errands we may need to do at walmart. He picked the 99 to eat at. I hadn't been feeling great the last few days so I just got an onion soup for lunch. Not sick but I couldn't put my finger on it. I hadn't slept at all the night before but want having timeable connections and certainly wasn't going to call the Dr to say something is wrong but I can't tell what, only to be sent home. So after lunch we went to Walmart to get Matthew some new shoes. We picked them out and browsed the blankets on the baby section and then left. Maddox knows the routine so he was all ready for the ultrasound because he is allowed to play on my phone while it's getting done. We checked in and got taken back. The tech was not one I've had before and was very no nonsense, strict to the rules. I could definitely tell I wasn't getting a picture. I did ask if she could see my cervix and she told me that she couldn't look at it because it wasn't in the order. She quickly did the bpp and sent us on our way. We were headed out of the hospital and I told Maddox we were just going to stop in the drs really quick. I was still on the fence about going in and saying I feel off, but Thomas asked me to get checked out and I didn't want to have to drive back to conway later if it got worse. I told the receptionist I just wanted to speak with the nurse quickly, she said she was on lunch but would be back in a min. After a few min, the nurse Melissa called me into a room, she asked me how i was doing and i said well that's why I'm here, i was at my ultrasound and stopped in instead of calling, I just wasn't feeling right and want sure why. She said she was going to call over to l&d to speak with Erin and see what she would like to do. After a couple min she came back and said they would like to monitor me for a bit, so Maddox and I heard over to labor and delivery. At this time it was about 2pm, I honestly felt like I as wasting time and felt bad for Maddox but he was ok watching tv for a bit. Erin cane in and checked me and said I was 5cm outside abs 3 inside -2 station and 0% effaced. She did she would check in an hour and if there was a change she would like to keep me, if not I could go home. I got hooked up to the monitors and Maddox and I watched cartoons. An hour went by and she came back in, i was contracting but not regularly and didn't feel them. I assumed she would check me and I would go home. Well she checked and I was then 5cm outside, 4cm inside and 0 station. Both of us shocked she did she didn't feel comfortable sending me home bring 45 min away and told the nurse to admit me. I quickly called polly to come get Maddox and Thomas to leave work. They moved Maddox and I into a delivery room. He was starting to get a little anxious about wanting to leave because we had been there for so long. Erin came in and explained that she wasn't going to help labor but wouldn't stop it either, but that they were hoping to make it until Saturday when I would be 36 weeks. At this point my body started emptying itself and I made many trips to the bathroom and started getting quite the blody show.Polly made it an hour later and picked up Maddox, he was very excited to leave. They offered me supper but even though I wasn't in pain I still wasnt feeling great. I just wanted Thomas to get there. Erin came back in around 5pm to check me again. Asked how i was feeling, nothing for me had changed, imagine both the shock when she checked and I was a complete 6cm! Wow this was really happening. She said since it obviously was that once Thomas got there she would break my water. Finally after lots of stuff going on at home Thomas made it at 7:50 and my water was broken. It just kept going and going like crazy, and then we waited. .. I was 7cm, but then just kept waiting. I walked the halls, I sat on the ball, i laid on my sideI still couldnt get my contractions regular and I could feel her sick on the left side of my pelvis. Polly got the kids to sleep and came to visit, we walked some more, I did lose more water but that seemed to be about it. I think she left around 12 or 12:30 am. Thomas layed down as did i, still waiting. Contractions started to pick up. I tried waking Thomas up but couldn't just calling him so I finally got the button for the nurse. She came in and got the nitrous oxide started so I could use that for pain, Erin came in with Julie because they were switching off, but waited to check me to see. I was still the same 7cm but finally about 75% effaced. Julie and the nurse stayed my my side for awhile, the contractions were pretty strong at this point so we were all pretty excited. unfortunately heartburn/reflux also got bad, we tried taking meds but they didn't do a thing. At 3 am they checked me again and still nothing changed so we decided to start the pitocin. Well that the my body for a loop and confused it all to heck and ended up stopping the contractions. Finally about 5:15:am i decided I had enough and was in too much pain for it not to be doing anything. I called for Thomas but he was sleeping, I even tried throwing something at him but that didn't work either. I finally reached the button fit the nurse in between contractions. She came in, I told her I wanted the epidural because I needed rest at this point i had been up almost for 36hrs. Julie came in to check me to make sure they could call it in. She checked and I was now at 8cm almost fully effaced so said I couldn't have the epidural but I could have a baby lol. She had me try laying on my left side one more time as we could still tell Aria was still crooked. After 3 really big contractions I felt her slip part my bone finally. Julie checked me at 5:50 am and I just had a little lip left so said I could bear down last it. Mind you I'm still on my side and in the worst pain ever, Thomas is still sleeping! Next contraction started and I just knee she was coming, I said she's coming and that's when Thomas woke up, saw a head and jumped up to go to the side, poor Julie only had one glove on and no nurses were in the room but I was not on control and Aria was coming out. Aria Claire was born at 6:02am, they went to put her on my stomach bit the cord was too tight so the had to quickly cut it and then put her on. Because she was early and I was diabetic they then pulled her to the warmer to start accessing her. I don't know all the details from that but I do know that she needed oxygen and Thomas was pretty scared at what was going on. I was trying not to freak out myself as my placenta was not delivering like it should. Blood was flying everywhere and it just wasnt coming out. It finally did, and they got Aria stable. They put her right on my for skin to skin so I could help regulate her. After about 6hrs total, her breathing regulated and she had no more issues, she nursed like a champ. She weighed in at 5lbs 10oz, 17.75 in long and perfect
October 20th, 2014, 05:11 PM

October 20th, 2014, 05:15 PM
jellis82's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations Melissa! She is so sweet! Enjoy your little princess!
October 20th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats!!!!

One angel baby - 1/22/14
Rainbow baby due 11/13/14

Affiliate Photographer for Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep - Infant Remembrance Photography
October 20th, 2014, 06:07 PM
lizbitz16's Avatar Super Mommy
OH MY GOODNESS CONGRATS!!! So happy baby Aria is stable and breathing on her own and doing great! Such a precious little girl, and look at that hair!

October 20th, 2014, 07:37 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
awww precious! congrats!
DS3- Born 11/4/14
October 20th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Rose
She is so cute i can't stand it!! Awesome how your mommy intuition kicked in and you knew something was up. So happy for you.
October 21st, 2014, 04:25 AM
kixsgc's Avatar Veteran
Gorgeous!

Our Rainbow baby <3
Henry David- 11.11.14<3

October 21st, 2014, 05:23 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love love love. Congrats again, Melissa.

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

Expecting a Baby BOY early January 2017!
October 21st, 2014, 05:43 AM
BABY3.'s Avatar Veteran
AWWWWWWWW! YAY!!!! Congrats mama!! & what a CUTIE PATOOTIE!

The babies are arriving!! EEEEEEEEEEE!

#1 #2 #3 ALL BOYS!!
October 21st, 2014, 01:35 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Beautiful!
October 21st, 2014, 04:11 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!!
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
October 21st, 2014, 04:48 PM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
What a cutie pie and she has so much hair!
October 21st, 2014, 05:54 PM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Awe so sweet! Congrats

October 21st, 2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks everyone, she is just so amazing
October 22nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search