being mean to dh

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By UrbanMomma
  • 2 Post By Sarah7181
  • 3 Post By Raunchero
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
I am totally over being pregnant. Hating how my body feels, hating my lack of sleep and hating not being able to be active.
It doesn't help that deer hunting just opened here and dh spends all his free time in the woods. In the past week he has left his phone at home, let it die, and the final straw he lost the phone completely last night.
I found my old iPhone and activated it for him. So atleast i can get ahold of him. But now to the part that is driving me nuts. Because he spends all his time in the woods i get no one on one time. I am home all alone basically waiting to go into labor. I told him this afternoon it makes me sad that we only have a few days left of it being just the two of us and i wished that i could occupy some of his time. He got upset and went out anyways.
So i half expected him to come home at sunset to hang with me. He didn't arrive until after 9. I'm pissed.
Sorry for the long vent. Just need some advice so i don't end up in jail the next couple days.

November 9th, 2014, 06:11 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 41+2 today, with nothing happening. I have told my dh a couple of times now to have bail money handy.

I completely agree about not being able to be active. Going downstairs to run a load of laundry feels like I ran a 10K. I am really over this now.

I got mad at my mom for texting me every.single.morning asking me if anything was going on yet. Trust me, Mom, you will be one of the very first to know. I won't forget, really.

As far as dh goes, he is a barber, he totally converted our garage into his shop/man cave. He is out there all the **** time. Now he isn't out in the woods hunting with no phone (which is definitely a BIG NO) but he feels like leaving me inside all day, every day with nine of the kids is a good idea. (He used to cut in our house, so he was some help).

So yeah, I am grouchy, can't sleep, bored with this now, would like to meet the baby, sore, etc. I feel your pain.
KellJoO likes this.
Nehemiaah Franklin 11/10/14 4:16am 9lbs 9oz
Welcome to the world lil' man!!
November 9th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe, I'm so sorry! ! I'm lurking, I hope you don't mind. I've been thru this before, and had friends go thru it too!!! When I was 8 months pregnant with wyatt, dh went hunting for the weekend and left me alone with our baby to care for and no family or friends within a 4 hour drive of us!! I tore a muscle in my lower stomach that weekend trying to get Ella a out of her highchair. She was 13 months old... it's such a common problem. The hubby's are viewing this as their last hurrah before the baby comes and they are strapped to the home base helping out with Al things baby.... and we want nothing more than for them to bundle down into this nest with us and cocoon before the baby gets here so that we feel calm and serene and cared for before baby makes his or her arrival. Generally, the pulling on both sides ends up with hurt feelings all around and nobody feels heard. Sound about right? ?
I'd suggest perhaps trying again, not when he's getting ready to run out and play bachelor hunter for the day lol. And start the conversation with how he probably feels like he needs to get all of these fun things out of the way now, and then explain how you are feeling. Or you could use the frying pan method?
KellJoO and Thirtyand1st like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 10th, 2014, 05:45 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rochelle-

As the wife of a hunter, I can COMPLETELY understand your frustration!!!

Wisconsin deer opener isn't until November 22, but I know if I haven't had Brooks yet, he will be out in the woods. He's that obsessed with it. Its just part of him. When we found out we were pregnant, he told me to be ready for that, because even if she wasn't born yet he would be out hunting.

The phone thing is super frustrating too. Its like they just don't understand the importance of being able to reach them!!!!!! What are we going to do? Walk out in the woods and find them???? I honestly have to remind my husband to plug his phone in at night and I have CHEWED him out for not having it on him and taking hours to get back to me. Take some responsibility and be prepared. Not cool, and in my eyes there is no excuse for that. Its just being lazy and preoccupied. Trust me girl, I've been in your shoes plenty lately!!!!!!

Today is DH's first day being laid off, and I reminded him before I left....Keep your phone ON you if you go out and about. I don't need the stress of trying to track you down if I go into labor.

Anyways- I'm sorry he's being a butt. They just don't get it. When hunting season is here its almost like they turn into different men. Hugs.

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

Expecting a Baby BOY early January 2017!
November 10th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Raunchero's Avatar Happy as a Clam :)
Well that didn't last too long! Me and baby girl showed daddy who was boss.

Ms . Delilah Lou was born yesterday 11/9 at 11:03am. I will update with a birth story later
UrbanMomma, Sarah7181 and KellJoO like this.

November 10th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Veteran
Aww congratulations on your baby girl, you and that girl show him what's up.
Joy, wife to Glen, mother to 16 year old Sanura, 13 year old Adrian, 10 year old Nevaeh, 8 year old Lincoln, 4 year old Charlotte,2 year old Harper, and a new addition expected around November 7th, 2017
November 11th, 2014, 08:52 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is great, haha! Can't wait to hear Congrats

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

Expecting a Baby BOY early January 2017!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search