Just Stopping In!

Forum: 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By MrsHopeful
  • 2 Post By Sylvera
  • 1 Post By HalfDozen
  • 1 Post By TrinityDawnMaura
  • 1 Post By babymama10
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2015, 05:44 AM
Super Mommy
Hi, ladies!!
I kind of stopped coming here once everyone sort of left..but I think of you all often and hope you're all wonderful!!
Just an update on me..
My pregnancy went fantastic until 35 weeks when I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. They induced at 37 weeks. It took three days on the maximum dosage of pitocin to start active labor. (was having contractions before, but nothing productive.)
And I finally had my beautiful, healthy, perfect little girl on September 22nd at 6:06 PM!
My placenta did not detach, and I was bleeding quite a bit, so I was rushed to the OR for removal. I ended up needing a blood transfusion as a result.
Then, my pre-eclampsia didn't go away and instead got worse...my blood pressure sky rocketing to 180/114 a week or so after I had my daughter. So I was in and out of the hospital/ER for a couple months or so afterwards...on Magnesium to prevent stroke...had complications with another medication and they thought at the time it was a blood clot...yadda yadda. I was a mess, lol. BUT, I am happy to say, now 5 months later (omg where did the time go!?) I am healthy once again and just absolutely loving mommyhood!!

Here is my gorgeous little one..Sorry for the millions of pictures..I have about a million more. It was really hard to pick which ones to show you all lol (oh, and these are obviously not at all in order. ;D)

Hope to hear from some of you, I miss talking with you all pretty much on a daily basis!! lol <3

February 26th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Cassie I'm so sorry to hear about your health complications, but I am so glad that things are looking up now. Scarlet is just adorable, and you both look so happy in your photos! Thank you for sharing them.

I know what you mean about it getting quiet here... most of the girls left for Facebook and very few of them ever looked back. The only people who I think still post here with any kind of frequency are Amy and I.

My story is not so sunny. I will spare you the gritty details, but I lost my son to what I can only call unfathomably bad luck. I had a bad midwife who sent me home when he was in distress, and it was too late by the time I came back. If you want to read about it, I posted his story in the Birth Story forum. I also keep a blog about my experiences and where I am headed now (link in my signature). I'm about 6 weeks pregnant with my rainbow baby. Life is crazy!

ANYWAY, that is neither here nor there. Thank you again for stopping by! I always love seeing photos of the DDC babies and I am happy you shared! I wish you all the happiness in the world.
Maddy6912 and StephcMc like this.
Nathan George, our rainbow, arrived @38 weeks (10/8/2015)
Miscarriage 11/17

February 27th, 2015, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, look! A new post! I pop in once in a while to see if there is anything going on in here.

After a few really rough medical issues, my Matilda passed away on October 19. She was 1 month old. I left the facebook group but I remain "friends" with some of the ladies so I can see updates on their little ones. It is hard but, I do love seeing their happy, healthy babies. We are currently trying for another baby. <3

Scarlet is gorgeous! Congratulations!!
DD2:6
DS: 4
DD3: 9/19/14-10/19/14DS: 17months!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
March 3rd, 2015, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sevyn and amy.....I don't what to say other than I am so so sorry for you dear ladies. This awful!! I am glad to see you guys here. I check in here a couple times a week but NOBODY posts.I would love to see if any of you guys would like to post here or anywhere else so we can all keep up. I am so brokenhearted for you girls. Scarlet is beautiful and a lovely update. I had our 11th. I never posted a real birth story here cause nobody here to see it. Anyway our baby was born healthy but on the day of discharge decided to pull two bradys out of thin air so she spent a month in nicu. She had a rough start she has reflux very bad and doctor has her on tons of cereal in her milk so it will stay in her and not on her clothes. We are still doing this. I try to thin out her cereal but if we do she pukes it. So she looks healthy but still has feeding issues. We pray she will outgrow them soon as the doctor expects her to.

Last edited by babymama10; March 3rd, 2015 at 11:18 AM. Reason: ?
March 12th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh CASSIE!!! She is adorable. Congrats. Glad you are doing well. I can't believe how fast time is going.

March 12th, 2015, 07:45 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Cassie, what a little doll! Congratulations!! Sorry we all jumped ship on everyone.

I admit - I hardly ever stop in here. FB is just way more convenient, but I do enjoy seeing updates when I stop in. We were all talking about how happy we are for both of you, Sylvera & AmyLM. There's quite a few people who pop in here now and then just to check and maybe wistfully view DDC's. I certainly hope that you both get your rainbow babies!!
StephcMc likes this.

New picture in progress......
March 13th, 2015, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thank you so much! <3
DD2:6
DS: 4
DD3: 9/19/14-10/19/14DS: 17months!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
March 20th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Cassie, so glad to read your update. Sorry to hear about your traumatic birth experience. I had a similar situation. Started with high blood pressure at 30 weeks, diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and hospitalized at 32 weeks and induced a week later. The induction didn't work I was pushed past the maximum dosage of oxytocin, cleared out and pushed past again. My contractions would start up really strong then stop altogether and they couldn't get my cervix dilated with 3 gels and balloon catheter, so on day 4 I ended up with a c-section and Jean Paul was born at 33+2 days. He is doing well.

Love your pictures!

At 5 weeks old and 5lbs.

March 30th, 2015, 02:22 AM
TrinityDawnMaura's Avatar Super Mommy
Cassie, Scarlet is soooo beautiful!! I'm glad you are doing better now. I would have stayed here too but there were so few people posting. The facebook group is quite active still; I'm sure you would be very welcome there.

I had another natural birth and Cecilia was born on October 7th weighing 8 lbs 6 oz. I still can't believe she made it to her due date because I went into preterm labor just over halfway through the pregnancy and it kept coming and going until the end. I am very fortunate she was okay. She is doing great, trying to crawl and is such a loving and happy baby. My big news: I just found out I am pregnant again.
babymama10 likes this.

Trinity: mom to B (15) A (10) C (3) L (2) & J
and two angel babies in heaven

April 1st, 2015, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Trinity!!! Yay..I am waiting to find out myself if #12 is on the way. I thought so a couple of months ago and wasnt so maybe its a "no". I am just so tired!!
HalfDozen likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search