Log In Sign Up

She's finally here! Jaxen Emma's birth story:)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2012, 01:09 PM
first time mommy to be!
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 252
Our little girl has arrived and life has been awesome ever since. She is so cute and we still feel in denial that this is real and she is ours to keep.

Okay here is the birth story.

Jaxen was late and taking her sweet time. I have been having contractions on and off since 37 weeks but nothing real and no other signs of labour. A couple times- they were very close but not intense and then fizzled out. The doctor checked me and each time he did- my cervix was closed and very high.

By 41 weeks, we had to start discussing induction. I was so surprised she hadn't come and none of the natural methods we were trying were working.

July 4th, (41w, 2d)
I had my doctors appointment at 1pm and begged the doctor to take her out right then and there. ( I was uncomfortable lol). He said of course he couldn't and he would call the hospital to see when he could schedule the induction. I mentioned to him that I had been concerned the baby wasn't moving very much and she was probably super squished in there. I said maybe I need a c-section to get her out- since she's so comfortable. He reassured me that everything would be okay.

4pm- Dr. called me and told me to go get myself checked out at the hospital triage. He said he was concerned about the lack of movement and they would decide when to induce me at the hospital. We packed our stuff and went down- excited that this could be the moment. We got hooked up to the monitors around 6pm and all was fine with the baby. They told us to come back at 730pm and we would start the induction. woo hoo!

730pm- we returned- super excited. Since we knew that it could still be a really long time- we didn't tell our families we were in the hospital. I only told my twin sister and told her I'd keep her updated if it turned real. We were admitted and waited anxiously- I had been having contractions for a couple hours and was hoping they were real. Doctor checked me- and no change. cervix still closed and really high up. They decided to give me a gel to make the cervix soften and said it could take a really long time.

At 10pm- I got the gel inserted. I was still having contractions at this point but nothing super intense. They told me to relax and they'd check on me at 3am to determine whether I needed more gel. At midnight, the nurses came in and told me that unfortunately due to "hospital politics" I was going to have to go home. SOO disappointed. They said- that I could return for 6am and they would check me then. I told them that my contractions hadn't stopped and were getting intense- they said this was a common reaction to the gel and not to worry. We went home.

Tried to sleep but contractions got really intense and were getting painful. I convinced myself it was nothing and basically watched the clock in pain until it was time to return to the hospital.

Thursday July 5th
Back at the hospital- contractions intensified and hoping they would continue the induction or the contractions had done something. They checked me and NOTHING. No change again. however they decided to wait it out before giving me more gel since my contractions were super close together and I was "in labour". We waited.

11am- in pain at this point. Contractions were hurting a lot and 1-2 minutes apart. Checked me and NO CHANGE! They decided to give me the foley balloon thing where it would be inserted and make my cervix expand up to 4cm. They warned me it would be uncomfortable but OH MY GOD. worst pain and discomfort ever! It hurt so much!! Waiting continued. Contractions never ended.

12pm- the first balloon insert "failed" and they had to do it again! I hated them all. They did it again and decided to give me the pitocin too. Pain continued.

3pm- checked and I had dialated 1cm. Cervix still high but much softer. I called my family and told them I was in labour. They seemed pretty confident I was progressing.

5pm- balloon came out. I had dialated 4cm! Yay progress. Checked- cervix still really high though.

6pm- I get the epidural. Yay peace at last. I canít feel the contractions but they are still pretty consistent. Family all drops by Ė hoping that sheíll be there soon.

9pm- I get checked. NO CHANGE. Dr says I should tell my family to go home that itís looking like I wonít have the baby until the next day and I should get some rest.

10pm- family goes home.

Friday July 6th
12am- checked. No change. Doctors attempt to break my water but have difficulties since the cervix is still high. Talks of c-section begin. Iím tired and wondering if the baby will ever come out .

2am- they try again and successfully break my water. (ew gushing all over). Iím tired of lying in a bed. The c-section doctors come check me out and think Iím a perfect candidate for the c-section. I call my twin sister and tell her to come down . It could be a couple hours before Iím in surgery.
Baby is super happy and not stressed so Iím eligible to get pushed for other emergencies.

430am- Iím prepped for surgery and go in.

533am- Sheís finally here!! Yay. It was a long couple days but seeing her little healthy face and hearing her cry- I immediately burst into tears. What a moment. The surgery itself was interesting- I was shaking and nauseus and strapped down. It seemed to take forever to put me back together but we are taken to recovery and I get to enjoy immediately my baby.

Recovery was super fast thankfully after such a long labour. I am sent home 2 days later! Sore but walking and happy. I love my little Jaxen Emma. She didnít latch after she was born and my milk didnít come until day 4 with tons of pumping and she still hasnít latched as I write this (6 days old)...but clearly she likes doing things on her own time!

presenting proudly- Jaxen Emma. Born July 6th 2012- 533am. 7lbs 10oz, 19 inches

Reply With Quote
July 12th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 1,987
Wow, what an ordeal! I'm glad the recovery has been going well, and she's a cutie!
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0