Log In Sign Up

Noah Zachary - 10/21

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2012, 04:26 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,144

I was scheduled to be induced at about 37 weeks due to high bp. The hospitals l&d was under renovations and they had an unusuallyy high amount of babies being delivered so my induction kept getting postponed.

Finally at 38w2d they had room for me at 10pm. The plan was to break my water and see what happends. I got there, and my ob was on call and was just about to do a delivery and would break my water right after....well the hour turned into almost 9 hours as they had some emergencies come in. At about 6.30am my dr came in and checked me, I was 2cm and baby was extremely low. He broke my water shortly after. I did not leak any amniotic fluid as baby was so low. Contractions started immediately and were every 1-2minutes, but were not very strong. After about 15 minutes the nurse started the synto and the contractionss became insanely strong and were one on top of each other. They were also in my back. I immediately asked for an epidural. I was told the anesthesiologist was on his way and should be here at 8 as another woman was giving birth and had requested an epi as well. I didn't know if I could make it to 8. I watched the clock and sent messages to my ddb and friends trying to distract myself from the pain. I swore up and down that I was never doing this again and asked PL to cut the baby out I was going to die otherwise. (and I have a high pain threshhold...) The anesthesiologist marched into the room at 9.30 (what an *****), and it felt like it took forever to get the epi going. I don't know if he missed or what, but it was a bit painful and it did take longer than the first time I had one. At about 10.30am I called the nurse to tell her the epi wasn't taking. She checked me I was 5cms, and she gave me a bolster and told me to call her when I felt pressure.
Then the craziest thing happened, I had the funniest feeling down there and some pressure. I looked at DH and told him I was feeling funny down there. He asked if he should get the nurse, and I said no, its probably nothing. After 5 minutes of this, I realized something is going on called the nurse. Sure enough, I was ready to push. After 15 min of pushing baby was literally hanging out of me. The nurse had to run and get the OB who was next door delivering ANOTHER baby. Meanwhile, DH was ready to catch Noah who was literally hanging out of me. I felt like if I coughed or sneezed he was out. OB got there and I was told to just give a light push.... and out Noah came. He was so small.
They placed him on my chest immediately. DH cut the cord (after delaying) and I got stitched up. I had a second degree tear and I also had a rare inside tear. The OB inserted gauze to help with the bleeding after the stitches and said he would be back to remove it in 5 minutes. Well...an hour later, the OB left the building without coming back!!!! Thankfully the nurse was able to remove it. The whole time Noah was lying on my chest.
I was feeling so great, that I was able to move to my recovery room after the hour. Because Noah was so small, he had to have his blood sugar tested every 3 hours...but he was such a trooper about it.
We were able to go home the next afternoon which was so nice.

Noahs birth weight was 5lbs 14oz and he was 20 inches long. He didn't lose much weight while in the hospital (6 oz). We had a 10 day check up with our pediatrician and he has gained everything and more back! For a small little man, he is thriving. We are all so in love.
Mom to:Zoey - June 4, 2011
Noah - October 21, 2012
Lexi - September 10, 2013

Reply With Quote
November 2nd, 2012, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 1,792
Congratulations. He's such a cutie.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0