Log In Sign Up

Genevieve Violet 10/31

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By abur

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2012, 05:30 AM
SarahxSyanide's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 670
My birth story is SUPER long and I'm very sorry. I just want to get it out there. If you don't want to take the time to read it, I completely understand =]

10/30/2012 Dh and I wake up at 8am to head over to my regularly scheduled OB appointment. When I arrived, they had me to the weight and the blood pressure. They noticed it was a little high and had me sit around waiting to see if it would go down again. My Dr. came in a did my cervical exam and said I was 1cm dilated but still thick. At that point I still wasnít favorable for an induction. After checking my blood pressure twice more, he took DH and I into his office to discuss his plans.
We had decided on going in on Wednesday at 5pm for Cervidil and be induced the next morning. He then sent me over to L&D at 11am to get my bp checked again and to do more blood tests. My blood tests and urine tests were fine. No proteins in my 24 hours collection as well. My blood pressure looked like it was going to drop. It was considerably better the first few readings.
Boy were we mistaken. It had started to rise again into the 90ís close to 100ís. I also had a killer headache on top of this which signals a problem. Along with my headache, I had terrible diarrhea and cramping in my abdomen. They decided to keep me at 2pm.
They sent DH home so he could go to work as nothing was going to happen today. I took a shower at 3pm which felt AMAZING! I hadnít been able to with the power outage. After my shower at 5pm they put the Cervidil in. It wasnít too uncomfortable. It was a different Dr, than the one who sent me over but he was much more gentle than my original Dr. I believe itís because his fingers are longer, and he doesnít need to push so hard -__- Iím sure you all know what Iím talking about.
Contractions started, but I couldnít feel them. I could only see them on the monitor and they were pretty decent. I had a lot of pain in my vagina. I felt like my cervix was being bruised over and over again! UGH. I donít know what that was about. After the 2 hours of monitoring, they sent me to an overnight room where I spent the rest of my time on the computer. They gave me a sleeping pill at 9:30 which hit immediately, but I toughed it out for a bit. I had to make DH couch/bed haha. It was the least I could do. I fell asleep at 11pm. Woke up at 12:30 to DH coming in. We talked for a bit and I went back to sleep at 1ish.
10/31/2012 5:19 am. Iím actually writing my Birth story as I go along throughout the day. As of now Iím just sitting in the dark while DH sleeps and I wait for them to come take out the Cervidil.
5:25 am The nurse came in and took the Cervidil out, and I had a few contractions but not many. Quarter to 7 I still canít sleep! They said I should at least try, but I couldnít. I was so uncomfortable. My neck hurt, my head hurt, and I was starving! I couldnít order breakfast until 7am.
I order my food at 7am and I get to eat around 7:45. The Dr comes in tells me this whole process could take three days!! I was devasted  She then checked me and said I was 3cm dilated and 50% effaced! This was good news! It made me feel better about my baby coming today! 8:40 waiting for the Pitocin and Iím hooked up to the monitors. I have a lot of lower achiness. I found out that Iíd be hooked up to the monitors all day because of my high blood pressure. I wasnít allowed to walk around at all while laboring. I was only allowed to get up to use the rest room.

11:15 WATER BROKE! I was in the bathroom trying to put on this mesh pair of undies and as I lifted my right foot, water just gushed out of me! It was the MOST awkward thing I have felt thus far. After my water broke I could really start to feel the contractions coming on stronger! I labored through them until about 3pm . At 3pm I was 5cm and my Dr had to puncture my membranes with her fingers, because the break I had earlier wasnít big enough. That was gross. My bed just filled with water haha. I got an epidural after she broke the membranes. The guy who did my epidural didnít seem to use enough lidocaine and I could feel him thread the catheter in. I also felt a HUGE zing when he hit the epidural space. It hurt like all get out.
Around 6pm I noticed that I could start to feel the contractions again and I could feel them in my right hip. It was a tightening sensation and I could barely breathe through any of these contractions. I was crying and shaking and there wasnít much anyone could do. The nurses kept Ďbumpingí up the pain meds coming through the epidural for 45 minutes until their shift change. When 7 oíclock came, a new epidural followed. I was also give some phentanol before the 2nd epidural. This went a lot smoother, but took a lot longer. The guys has been doing this 75!!
My Dr put in a pressure catheter in my uterus to see how strong my contractions were. They turned down my Pitocin quite a bit when I was having the epidurals changed out. My contractions were not hitting the Ď50í mark and therefore were no longer making progress. After the 2nd epidural I was 8cm and 100% effaced.
9pm: DH and I had talked about getting a c-section because I was predicted to be in labor for another 4 or more hours and I just couldnít do it! 2epidurals and pain meds, and I could still feel everything! I had given it my best. I went farther than I thought I could and Iím very proud of myself for laboring as long as I did, without being able to move!
10pm We decided on the c-section and they started to prepare the room and get the Steve scrubbed up. Boy was he adorable in his scrubs!! They took me in at 10:20 and she was born at 10:42pm!! 10lbs 1oz!!
IíM SO GLAD WE DECIDED ON C-SECTION!! If I had continued to labor and tried to push her out, they would have done a c-section anyways. Iím assuming this is why I could still feel everything after all the pain meds, because she was so big and putting a lot of pressure on my hips.
I got my Halloween baby and Iím so in love with her.
Provehito In Altum
~Genevieve Violet Born October 31st at 10:42pm 10lbs 1oz 22inches.~
Breastfeeding for 5 months!
Reply With Quote
November 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
abur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,026
Wow! You got really far! That's awesome with such a big baby She is sooo cute! I hope you have a wonderful recovery and get to go home ASAP! Congrats mama!
SarahxSyanide likes this.
DD1: 10/06/2012
#2 EDD: 10/05/2014

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0