Log In Sign Up

Piper Renee'

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By summithorse
  • 1 Post By Jinnah
Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 384
So I'm finally getting around to doing this, sorry for the delay, I usually only have my phone to get online and needed a legit computer for this much typing.

DH and I were Team Green, just like we were with DD1, Miley. My mom lives about 12 hours away. We had invited her into the delivery room with our first, and she missed the birth by 24 hours. She was terribly disappointed about that. Of course, she was invited again for the second baby. She didn't want to miss it, so she came up a week before my due date (October 21). We spent the whole week running errands and getting things ready for the baby to come. I was getting antsy to get the show on the road!

On Saturday night, October 20, I started to have a bloody show. After that, contractions started, but they were fairly inconsistant. A few were intense, but for the most part, they weren't worth recording. I went to bed and was only woken once by contractions. I decided to get as much rest as possible. By Sunday morning, contractions started to get more frequent. I got my handy-dandy contraction timer app on my phone and started timing them. They stayed about 15 minutes apart for the better part of the day, but they were definitely intensifying.

I do the bookkeeping for DH's business, and he randomly freaked out that bills wouldn't get paid, so he asked me to do his bookkeeping. I said, "You realize I'm in labor, right?" He said I didn't have to, but it would make him feel better. I did decide that it would keep me distracted through labor, so I spent all day doing his bookwork. Trust me, he'll never hear the end of it, me paying all his business bills all through my labor! LOL.

We are both members of a mounted drill team that practices on Sunday nights. He asked if he should go or not. I said he could go, as long as he rode with his phone in his pocket. He left at 4 pm. Of course, after he left, the contractions got closer and closer together. I called him at 6 pm and said to come home. Well, due to horse things always taking forever and the fact that we don't live anywhere near where he was practicing, he didn't get home until 7:30 pm. Our neighbor came to stay with Miley and DH, my mom, and I went to the hospital. At that point, my contractions were between 4 and 2 minutes apart.

When we got there, contractions had slowed down. I was afraid they'd send me home. The nurse said to take a walk around the hospital and come back in 30 minutes and she'd re-evaluate. DH went to sleep and my mom and I walked around. We came back and the second I got back on the bed, I felt a sharp pain and then my water broke. Instantly, labor came on full force! My mom woke up DH and told him I was ready for his help. He was shocked, since my last labor was intense for 23 hours. We all thought we'd have a long wait! I was in such intense pain, I couldn't stand, sit, squat, or lay. This was nothing like my first labor. I felt so panicked and out of control because it was so shockingly painful. I asked for an epidural.

The anesthesiologist took forever to get to me, and he was a real piece of work. I won't go into details, but it was bad enough that we're reporting him to the hospital. He scared the crap out of me and was incredibly unprofessional.

Unfortunately, it turns out that the epi was a waste of time because the baby came 1/2 hour later, so it didn't even have time to work. I said, "I have to push!" and the nurse said, "Wait, wait, I'll get the doctor and set up the table!" There was no way I could wait, I just pushed. The doctor rushed in and coached for just a couple of minutes, and they baby was out. My mom said, "It's a girl!" I pushed for a grand total of 7 minutes! Everyone laughed at how fast everything happened. I went from 0-10 cm in 4 hours. Nobobdy was ready for me to push because they had all thought I was going to get sent home just a short time before!

It took me a long time to write this because I was so shocked about how painful and out of control this labor felt. My first, I was so calm, quiet, and in control. I handled the pain by breathing and using calming techniques. I did get an epi with the first one, and it was a great experience. This time, I was screaming and yelling and panicked. It took me a while to come to terms with everything and realize that I'm not always going to be in control and it still resulted in a beautiful, healthy baby. I am also recovering quite well, so I need to just let the bad things go. I was so glad my mom was able to participate. Piper is her 9th grandchild, but the first one that she's witnessed the birth.

Piper Renee' was born on October 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm. She was 7 lbs and 19" long.
yashobo likes this.
Reply With Quote
November 15th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Posts: n/a

I was also shocked at how different this labor felt... it just goes to show that they are all different and can't always be planned for! All that is important is that the baby is okay.
summithorse likes this.
Reply With Quote
November 28th, 2012, 12:31 PM
*AngieKH*'s Avatar Mom of 4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NE Missouri
Posts: 5,511
It's amazing how fast things can happen! Glad your mom was able to be there and that you didn't have to push for long or have a long exhausting labor!

Grace (7), Elijah (4), Hannah (1), Joey (born at 39 weeks)
plus 3 step-kids Brandon (18), Sarah (16) and Adam (13)
Reply With Quote
January 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane, Down under
Posts: 3,074
Congrats. Thanks for sharing. Sorry for the piece of work anesthesiologist. Glad you have a beautiful baby girl to show for all your hard work.

Sisters, friends forever
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:50 AM.