Log In Sign Up

Addyson Lucille - 10/30/12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 19th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 852
On Monday, 10/29, at my NST and OB appointments my blood pressure was high. My OB sent me to L&D, and they admitted me overnight to run a 12 hour urine and watch my BP.

My DH and DD Amber spent the night at home, so I was alone at the hospital. My BP jumped around a lot that night, but nothing too crazy. We would see what the results of the 12 hour urine would be in the morning.

Meanwhile, Hurricane Sandy moved into our area. My DH and DD lost power that night at 9:30 pm. The hospital was running on generators from about 11 PM on.

The next morning, DH and DD came in to see me. When my OB came in to visit, I was informed that the only lab that could run the 12 hour urine test had no power, and the particular machine needed to run this test was no reliable on a generator. My OB and several of the OBs took my blood pressures from 8 am to 12 pm. The lab still did not have power, and my OB wanted to make sure we were cautious, so we scheduled the c-section for 4:00 on 10/30/2012.

My dad and his wife, along with my step sister, came and took Amber to get some food at the cafeteria. Remember, we were in the middle of a hurricane, and everyone within a 40 mile radius did not have power. DH kept running home to bucket water out of the basement, as our sub pump was not working due to no power. Luckily, my dad has a generator, so when he went home, he took Amber with him, and she had heat and food

At 3:30 they prepped me for the c-section. While DH changed into scrubs, I was brought back and given the spinal block - which was the worst part of the entire experience. Once, that was in, I felt nothing. It was such a different experience than with the emergency csection I had with Amber. I was talking to DH, thinking they were still scrubbing me up and getting ready, when I heard my OB say 'she has a full head of hair!' Seriously, I had NO idea they had even started. I didn't feel any of the awful pressure or stretching I remember feeling from the emergency c.

Addyson Lucille was born at 4:48 pm on 10/30/12, during the worst hurricane to hit our area ever. She weighed 6lbs 14oz, and was 19 inches long. After all the ultrasounds and doctors who told me she would be over 8lbs due to my GD, I was surprised at how tiny my peanut was. We actually needed to go out and buy more warm newborn outfits, once the storm passed, as I hadn't bought a lot of newborn clothes, thinking she would be big.

DH went with Addyson up to the NICU to check her sugar and get her cleaned up, while my OB did my tubal and stitched me up. I went to recovery. DH came down after about 10 minutes, and Addy was down maybe 15 minutes later. Her sugar was good, but they had given her a little bit of formula, which I wasn't thrilled about, because I really wanted to breast feed. No problem - as soon as I got her, she latched on, and has been a pro ever since. Amber, my dad, step mother and step sister got to meet her for a few minutes, before they left to go back to my dads. Amber was totally in love, and still is. She is the best big sister ever!

After everyone left, DH went home to bucket out the basement again, and I got some alone time with Addy - which was incredible. L&D was soooo busy, we ended up getting the last bed in the mother/baby unit - some girls who delivered ended up having to be in L&D for a day or two until a room opened up in mommy/baby. I guess the combination of a full moon, hurricane, and it being the week of Halloween, brought a lot of babies

Recovery was great, and I was out 48 hours after the surgery. Luckily, our power was back by the time I was discharged.

Addy continues to be the BEST baby. She is still breastfeeding, she generally only gets up once per night, and is a happy, not fussy cuddle bug of a baby. I love her SO much And so does everyone else, especially big sister Amber.

And, a few pics:


Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0